Exercise Thread for Beginners...⛹🏻

Walk to Morrisons which is 12 mins each way then 10 mins on trainer while watching this morning.:classic_smile:
Sun is shining and it's snowing here. :)

Attachments

• 20180227_111918[1].jpg
    20180227_111918[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Just done my 30 mins exercise whew!

I'm not a good advert for this stomach exercise but when I do it - I think it works well ;)

It's part of a Callanetics routine that I dust off and do occasionally!

Lie do with your back on the floor, arms outstretched in front of you then raise your head, neck & upper body until you feel the 'pull' in your stomach then go down to the floor again - then repeat - they suggest we do it 100 times - but I think that's very hard at the beginning so do what you can and build it up from there!

Found this exercise on YouTube it's a 2 minute clip of a stomach toning exercise from a Callanetics workout - much easier to follow than my instructions!

Last edited:
Just done my 30 mins exercise whew!

I'm not a good advert for this stomach exercise but when I do it - I think it works well ;)

It's part of a Callanetics routine that I dust off and do occasionally!

Lie do with your back on the floor, arms outstretched in front of you then raise your head, neck & upper body until you feel the 'pull' in your stomach then go down to the floor again - then repeat - they suggest we do it 100 times - but I think that's very hard at the beginning so do what you can and build it up from there!

We should all try this for a month from 1st march. :)

I'm willing to try that but I for one won't be posting any before/after pics :eek: Just had a peep on Amazon and there are a few of Callan Pinckney's dvd's with shorter workouts but b4 wasting my money I'll see whether I'm disciplined enough to use the one I have regularly!

Last edited:
We don't need pics. Just take your measurements then end of March see if we have lost any inches. :)
I was only joking :) good idea to measure ourselves - if I can find a tape measure big enough :O

Oh blimey just seen this - will watch the rest - thanks for posting!

Well ladies! I turn my back for five minutes and your jogging round the Grand Canyon, breaking out in a sweat over Paul and Holly, and getting washboard stomachs! Well done all of you! :0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:
Meanwhile the most exercise I’ve had today has been running up and downstairs with washing 🙄 Back to work tomorrow so no treadmill till next week for me but sometimes my job can be physical, and we often walk the length and breadth of various hospitals so I’ll keep an eye on my steps. Can’t believe I’ve only got one day to go before WI! 😱

Well ladies! I turn my back for five minutes and your jogging round the Grand Canyon, breaking out in a sweat over Paul and Holly, and getting washboard stomachs! Well done all of you! :0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:
Meanwhile the most exercise I’ve had today has been running up and downstairs with washing 🙄 Back to work tomorrow so no treadmill till next week for me but sometimes my job can be physical, and we often walk the length and breadth of various hospitals so I’ll keep an eye on my steps. Can’t believe I’ve only got one day to go before WI! 😱
Hee Heee - first time I've been described as a ''fitness type'' ;) Hope your day goes well and I all that walking you do counts as exercise - it's amazing how our steps build up.

Not much walking so far! Currently driving through the slightly snowy countryside of South Northants to pick up a patient from Woodford Halse to take to Oxford. The roads aren’t too bad round here and we have beautiful sunshine! I hope it lasts...think we’re going to be over this way for a few hours 😊

Ooh interesting - please pass on any tips!

Nothing new really. These programmes are all the same. I watch them just incase someone has the answers to how to eat and eat and be thin. :classic_wink:Exercise before you have breakfast then you use up fat. Only eat carbs before if your doing over 90 mins.:classic_big_grin:
So best time to do it,is when you get up while your still in fasting mode.:)

Not much walking so far! Currently driving through the slightly snowy countryside of South Northants to pick up a patient from Woodford Halse to take to Oxford. The roads aren’t too bad round here and we have beautiful sunshine! I hope it lasts...think we’re going to be over this way for a few hours 😊

At least you are getting some exercising by walking back and forth.:classic_smile:

20 min walk.
10 min trainer and tried hula hooping.Oh how did I use to do it for 20 mins before. Couldn't keep the thing up.:classic_eek:

Oh Mary! Your enthusiasm is fabulous! Xx

Well a busy day for me today, was up early and resumed the Grand Canyon walk :classic_big_grin: 40 minutes of walking and running. Also been down town today, walking for about 1hour so plenty of exercise.

Wow well done but slow down you're showing us all up!!!!!! :cool: ;) o_O

Back