Exercise Thread for Beginners...⛹🏻

20 min walk.
10 min trainer and tried hula hooping.Oh how did I use to do it for 20 mins before. Couldn't keep the thing up.:classic_eek:

Excellent Mary - don't think I could keep a hula hoop up for 20 seconds but if you've done in before - hopefully with practice you'll soon beat your personal best!

10 mins of trainer done. OH is on his way home due to snow so need to get my sit ups and squats done.

Don't forget ladies when you are waiting for kettle to boil or dinner to cook do those squats or lunges. Also when your showering you could do some squats.:)

I've started on my journey to the Grand Canyon.;)

Attachments

• MWSnap989 2018-03-02, 11_56_35.jpg
    MWSnap989 2018-03-02, 11_56_35.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 6
I keep saying I will walk, do it once then pack up.
I will have a go at Upndown's excercise on the floor

I do have a step counter. Do you wear it all day or just count steps when out.
I bet I do more indoors.

I suppose I could walk round the car park to when I go for coffee.

Ooh somebody has just walked passed the house with fish shop bags!! No I won't. 😊

Won't go out today we are showing. I will do something else

I've installed it so will ski my way on the trainer up the Canyon.:)

See you at the top.:classic_big_grin:

Blimey - this is all getting very fancy now - think I'll stick to the carpet/heating till the snow disappears ;)

Grand Canyon walk now complete :classic_big_grin:

Well done - double points for that walk - would imagine that was a tough one with all those rocks/crevices & it'll be pretty cool there at this time of year!

10 mins of trainer done. OH is on his way home due to snow so need to get my sit ups and squats done.

Don't forget ladies when you are waiting for kettle to boil or dinner to cook do those squats or lunges. Also when your showering you could do some squats.:)

Some good ideas - just hope I don't land in the kitchen after doing squats in the shower :O

Morning ladies

Todays exercise done :classic_big_grin:

1.8 miles on the Grand Canyon walk :classic_roll_eyes:

@craftermary good idea doing squats and lunges whilst waiting, will be giving that a go

Another tick in the exercise box!

Oops I keep forgetting to post my efforts - as you'll see on my signature - I've done 5 aerobic sessions this week - by leaping around inside - just the 2 strength workouts to do to complete the week. I'd prefer to walk than jiggle about indoors but it's not safe and too flipping cold at the mo.

Last edited:
I keep saying I will walk, do it once then pack up.
I will have a go at Upndown's excercise on the floor

I do have a step counter. Do you wear it all day or just count steps when out.
I bet I do more indoors.

I suppose I could walk round the car park to when I go for coffee.

Ooh somebody has just walked passed the house with fish shop bags!! No I won't. 😊

Won't go out today we are showing. I will do something else

The people I know that use them wear them all day - after all a step's a step wherever it's taken!

Well done for resisting going to the chippy ;)

I will start walking today now the snow has gone and it is a little warmer now. Will put thingy on and see how many steps. Won't be a lot I do know.
Tomorrow I will wear it all day

Well done Doreen - it'll be interesting to see how many steps you do in a full day - one of my friends says she has a competition with herself - not wanting to less steps than the day b4! Glad the snow's gone :classic_smile:

Keeping going - catch your breath - you'll get there soon!

Just remembered I haven't posted my exercise here today.

As you know I planned to do 2 strength exercise sessions a week - couldn't find my weights :classic_roll_eyes: so downloaded the NHS website's 'Strength & Flex' workout earlier - to find it's 35 mins long - bit disappointed cos I thought it'd be shorter say 15 - 20 mins - lazy me I know!

But I do think to expect the nation aged 19 - 64 to start from scratch (as the website says) do a minimum of:

5 x 30 mins of aerobic exercise plus
2 x 35 mins of strength/flex exercise a week from week one is a tad unrealistic.

So I'll carry on with my 5 x 30 mins aerobic exercise as planned and do 2 x 20 mins yoga/weight sessions in future! (Just did yoga today)

I also enjoy walking when we don't have snow :classic_smile: plus I like gardening - veg/salad/herbs not so keen on growing flowers :classic_err_what: but allow a few in for some colour!

Rant over!

Back