Exercise Thread for Beginners...⛹🏻

Well done on your kind charity work - I'd count 15 mins x 2 walking counts as exercise - miles better than sitting!

Hope everyone's on track - I'm just about managing to keep up with the exercise regime but my food's not been good.

We're supposed to be having our bathroom refitted but the builders have made a right mess of it - we even stayed in a hotel for 3 nights to keep out of their way - we popped in each morning & they agreed to make good their mistakes but have now made even more of a mess. So hubby's going to redo it which is disappointing cos he's done a lot to the house and I persuaded him to let someone else do this job :( I know that shdn't affect my food but it has :mad: trying to keep on track today.

Last edited:
Well looks as if we're all making an effort but as lots of my school reports used to say 'Linda needs to do better!'

Here's to a good week for us all!

Last edited:
Just finished a 40 min exercise video (do you remember those?)

It was Vanessa Feltz with her personal trainer who became her partner for a while apparently - she lost lots of weight - but sadly put lots back on I believe.

This is the last day of my exercise week and one strength down - so will do 3 next week.

Just finished a 40 min exercise video (do you remember those?)

It was Vanessa Feltz with her personal trainer who became her partner for a while apparently - she lost lots of weight - but sadly put lots back on I believe.

This is the last day of my exercise week and one strength down - so will do 3 next week.

I have that one somewhere. Is it on youtube now?

Not sure - I have the ancient video! Did you like it I wonder?

I went for a walk today about 2.5 miles.

I put my app running but forgot to turned my mobile data on so it didn't track.:mad:

What a nuisance but the main thing is you did the walk :classic_smile:

Should have said - I only did the aerobic part of that video - it was just over 30 mins I think - lost count of the time cos 2 of our grandchildren 'facetimed' us in the middle of my leaping about and I finished off after our chat.

I'll see if I can find it when I'm next in Devon. I think it's in the attic with a load of others. If I can,You can.:classic_smile:

That's the one! I have another old video too - wonder if you have that too? I used to find it very effective but boring :rolleyes: it was created by Callan Pinckney - she called it Callanetics - small movements but lots of repetitions - it def firmed me up - might try that soon!

No exercise routine for me today although I've done a fair bit of walking.

Screenshot_2018-03-20-10-25-41[1].png

Go you - Mary!

Went on a 50 min walk today - I seem to be walking faster now and did a strength session but that'll count for the one I didn't do last week!

You've done better than me Mary - no exercise for me yesterday or today - although I did wander around Conwy town but a slowish pace and did about 4 hours of vigorous housework to clear up the mess from the bathroom fiasco! :classic_frown:

Will try to catch up on exercise 2moro and Monday,

Back