Facial hair

chrissie2108

Hi Ladies

i have the excess hair side effect unfortunately, i pluck my top lip.......tricky when theres so much hair, feels better when its gone but it does come back and i bleach my side burns chin and neck, i also have some hairs on my chest and around my boobs, can anyone help, does it really get better if you loose weight?

Hi Chrissie, I dunno if loseing weight helps but i've been nairing my top lip and plucking my chin to, I'm trying a low Gi diet in the hope that it might help - I'll let you know!! If not I might eventually get lazer hair removal! they are little ******* xxx

I asked my Dr about this the other day.

She has given me some cream on prescription for my face and said just deal with the rest of my body whichever way I choose to - Shaving/waxing etc

Xx

hi all. not sure if this helps but i have suffered with facial and body hair for years. I had IPL (intensed pulse light) on my face as now i do hardly anything. I can wake up and not think about hair on face - its fab. I used to wax, pluck and bleach. Now once every 4ish weeks i have to shave the odd fine hair that really isnt that noticeable. and it feels smooth so its the best thing ive ever done. Unfortunately the place i was at closed down grrrrrr as would have loved to get other areas done. I have now just had my first laser treatment (at a different place in a different town) on my bikini line (and beyond!) so will let u know if the results r as good. My mum is also having her face done at the same place so im hoping it has good results. Vaniqua is the cream gps can prescribe and I have been on Dianette (the pill but one that is used to control hirsutsm (excess hair)) for years. I came off it for about 6 monthswhen getting divorced and quickly went back on as felt a little more hair at the base of my spine. Before I went on dianette my periods were once every 3 months. When i came off for that 6 months or so the periods were every 40 days and Im happy with that as at least a little more regular but when im on the pill theyre obviously normal as controlled. So do not give up. Us girls have hair everywhere including between breasts and round nipples. We are normal and its just about finding ways to manage our excess hair as best as we can. Even with ipl/laser - as pcos sufferers we will see improvements but must not think theyre gone forever as our hormones do have an imbalance, but the ipl on my face is the best thing ive ever done for me. Should you want any info on how my current treatment (or my mums on face) goes feel free to msg me. A big hug xoxo

Last edited:
i'm going to have laser on my top lip - there is a place near me that does it for £25 a session but i will need several before it is completely away xx

HI Ladies,

Im having my first Laser session next thursday with the harley medical group.

It would of cost me £300 a session but because im booking 8 i get 20% off so all in all i have to pay £1600 on thursday.

Im really nervous about it as i dont know if its going to hurt etc but my mom is coming with me and shes being really supportive.

I will have to let you know how it goes.

Wish me luck, my appointment is half 10.

i get this :( had it in school and got bullied its horrible!!! i have noticed the problem gettin worse with weight gain soo it must get better when you lose weight x

Has anyone heard of soprano? It's supposed to be beyond the ordinary laser treatment, the next stage in hair removal. I can only afford to get it done once so am waiting until I lose this weight, please God by next summer. I am so sick of always being aware of it. :( Can you even imagine waking up and going through the day and going back to bed and not having to check your chin or moostash even once?! Oh the joy.... :bliss:

I have PCOS and the excess hair is by far the worst part of it for me. I have been told IPL probably won't do anything for me as I am fair skinned with blonde hair. I have tried waxing, shaving and am now epilating. It's a constant battle as whatever method I use, the hair is back within a couple of days. I hate it. The worst areas affected are my chin and the sides of my face.

My poor skin has suffered so much in trying to control the excess hair, but I have no other choice.

Dianette did nothing for me, sadly.

Most primary care trusts will fund six laser hair removal sessions for people with PCOS, you'll have to be persistent as they really don't like to fund it but they will if you're tenacious enough. Check with your local PALS (Patient Advisory Liaison Service) - ask whether your PCT funds laser hair removal forladies with PCOS, if they do ask the GP for a referral.

I have PCOS and the excess hair is by far the worst part of it for me. I have been told IPL probably won't do anything for me as I am fair skinned with blonde hair. I have tried waxing, shaving and am now epilating. It's a constant battle as whatever method I use, the hair is back within a couple of days. I hate it. The worst areas affected are my chin and the sides of my face.

My poor skin has suffered so much in trying to control the excess hair, but I have no other choice.

Dianette did nothing for me, sadly.

I use epecare for facial hair removal and I find it very good, takes a while to get use to it and was a little uncomfortable the first and second time of use but now its fine and now that I have the hang of it, it is very quick and easy to do.

When the sun shines on the side of my face I no longer look like one of the Yeti:p

Original Epicare™ Magic Wand Facial Hair Remover + Free UK Delivery

The video below shows how to use it.

YouTube - Bellabe/Epicare Facial Hair Removal

I use epecare for facial hair removal and I find it very good, takes a while to get use to it and was a little uncomfortable the first and second time of use but now its fine and now that I have the hang of it, it is very quick and easy to do.

When the sun shines on the side of my face I no longer look like one of the Yeti:p

Original Epicare™ Magic Wand Facial Hair Remover + Free UK Delivery

The video below shows how to use it.

YouTube - Bellabe/Epicare Facial Hair Removal

Thank you for that. Are the results long-lasting? I find with my epilator, I get a few days before the hairs come back?

I have only been using it for about six weeks and once every week I roll it over my face for a couple of minutes, it is easy to do now as there is not much hair on my face as I removed the bulk at the beginning, I don't even see it, it is just when the epicare picks it up I can see the pull on my skin.

I find it easier and quicker than using waxing strips which I found very harsh.

I have got a couple of pesky dark hairs and they still sprout up every couple of days around my chin and neck which I use a tweezer.

I still have not mastered it on my neck as yet, it is a bit tricky maneuver.

I asked my Dr about this the other day.

She has given me some cream on prescription for my face and said just deal with the rest of my body whichever way I choose to - Shaving/waxing etc

Xx
What was the cream called? My Doctor at the family planning clinic said something about one but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me!

xXx

Hey lovely ladies :) Hope you're all well.. Thought I'd share my experience, I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 14, while having tests for any abnormalities in my blood etc before being allowed to have laser treatment, which I was promised would be refunded by the NHS if I had it done privately as I was under 17. Unfortunately, the NHS being the NHS didn't refund the cost of the initial 7 sessions and the minor's license which cost £900 put together, but agreed to pay for the top-up sessions I had after that. I continued to have laser treatment until Sept 09 I think, and it was brilliant, really reduced the amount of hair on my face and I was glad. I was beaten up in school by year 7s when I was in year 10, I was verbally abused from the moment I started high school, people even managed to get hold of my parents' phone numbers and prank call them saying all sorts of stupid things. I stopped having laser because I got really bad pigmentation on my neck, chin, and jaw line. The laser lady gave me all sorts of different excuses when I asked her why it had happened, sometimes she'd say it was my fault for not wearing suncream while I was away on holiday (a holiday that I went on 5 months before I got the burns and I wore Factor 50 suncream), other times she would say it was because she had a new machine and I wouldn't let her use it on me (true - she did, and I didn't, but how could that matter if that was what my skin was used to? The new one REALLY hurt, the one time she tried it on me) and basically I got sick of hearing all the stupid 'reasons' why I went around looking like someone had polka-dotted my face.

Recently beginning to consider having it done again as the hairs are coming back thicker and faster, not happy at all having to remove them every two days. I get really uncomfortable if I leave it any longer, like today I could not stop itching my neck and jaws to save my life. I'm just a bit hesitant though, as I don't know if she will charge me the full price of 7 sessions all over again (I don't think the NHS will contribute at all this time, I'm now 19 - they didn't stop paying after I turned 17 before though, don't know if they will have picked up on it) or if I will be able to pay £40 per session. I can't afford it at the moment, but it would make a great change to me to have it done again, so I can feel comfortable in my own skin.

I have never considered cream - I don't know how long the effects last? I wouldn't wax my face, although I probably could. I can't stand the epilator, I applaud anyone who can use it without screaming. I absolutely hate the pain, and would much rather sit and pluck each individual hair out with tweezers one at a time. I am aware this sounds like I'm really fussy and horrible about it, but it was drilled into me so much while I was having my laser not to touch the hair from the roots in any way, otherwise it would strengthen them.

xxx

Back