Fed up with buying clothes because they cover me up!

Hi Fiona, he says he isnt coming on the site but will join me low carbing for the next couple of weeks. He is now waiting for dinner - chicken, bacon and avocado salad!

Well, to be a size 8 or 10 would be a dream..........

Good morning world, another great day beckons. Must get some of those green veg eaten today.

NB note to me, something makes me think I stalled yesterday. Am not going to weigh for a couple more days but it could possibly be the avocado? No, just checked the avocado and very low in carbs. Could just be my brain playing tricks on me.

Weight loss doesn't seem to happen every day, somedays nothing and others more. Guess it all evens outs. More greens with fiber will help you eliminate more waste too. ;-) helping keep things on track.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Morning Annie... Well done!! You're doing brilliantly! I can't wait to be size 14!! I'm somewhere between an 18 and 20 and even 22 in some makes!! Xxx

Good morning!

B - 2 slices cheddar which seemed a bit boring. I bought a Burgen loaf yesterday and had one slice (12g carb) toasted and spread with peanut butter
one litre of water gone
decaf coffee with cream
L- salmon in chili (from Tesco) plus salad and mayo.
S - bowl of porridge with cream - just eaten as I feel tired and have headache, no change an hour later so have had a small amount of full fat raspberry yoghurt. Now can add heartburn to my symptoms. Early night I think.
D - cauli mash (thank you for that recipe), Waitrose chicken in white wine and tarragon (4.9g carbs), curly kale in butter. Feeling a lot better.
3L water

Just realised I shouldn't have had the bread. Oops.

Last edited:
Feeling a bit (a lot) flat and tearful to be honest. Was really hoping to get away on a cheap, warm break somewhere next week. There is nothing available and my DD has been really horrible saying she doesn't want to go away which is really hard. Am in a bad mood and very tired, this diet isn't giving me the energy I was hoping I would get unfortunately. Have just taken two ibuprofen. Also had words with DS this morning as he lives like he is in a squat. At least DH is lovely.

Still sticking religiously to the diet, I know full well the crap food won't make me feel better. I am so desperate to be slimmer.

We all have days like that, stick with it!

Try upping your leafy greens and stay well away from bread....you will just get massive carb crashes and sugar dips with it which will impact massively on your hormones and in turn your mood and it'll leave you feeling bloated!

If you are fancying stodgy food look at my chocolate flax porridge in my diary...it really is nice and you'll get all your vitamins, minerals and fibre from it which leaves you feeling revitalised!

Definitely up your veg, salad and good oils though, mayo, olive, fish etc , that's where the feel good stuff comes from along with your water!

Chin up lady and palm DD off on family and go yourself ;op x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Annie sorry to hear you are feeling a bit low today, I know the feeling as I have been feeling quite tearful today, today is the sixth anniversary of losing my mom and I still miss her very much.
Teenage children can be hard work , can't they? My son is 16 and doesn't really want to do much with us anymore, I know it is part of growing up but it still hurts! 13 year old daughter will come out with us but moans an awful lot! Hopefully we will have a family day out together tomorrow but both kids will be on iPods and texting all day. How long have you been following Atkins? I do think it is an amazing way of eating, my weightloss is slow and steady but I rarely feel hungry. Hope your day gets better x

hormonal teens, I can sympathise..... Neither of mine wanna do anything any more
Think what triage999 said is true too, skip bread for a while, try again with the flax and lots of healthy oils and fats. I love snacking on Brazil nuts, low carb and filling

take care xx

So no Burgen then? At all? It was only 12g a slice so thought that would be OK. Thank you for the kind words, I know all these teens are the same it is still horrible though. She isn't old enough to be left alone and I can't really leave her with anyone unfortunately. I am just having some porridge with cream as I think some of what I am feeling could be a lack of carbs.

Sandra, I started on March 12th all the stats are on the left and up to date.

Annie

Thanks Annie, I never get on the laptop as DD is always on it so I use my iPhone unfortunately it doesn't show stats etc! Try not to have any bread if you can, I know mims fall short but a toasted mim comes fairly close when I need the texture of bread. I think the energy will come, are you sleeping better? I find I have a much better sleep since eating this way. Take care :)

Oops, better put it in the freezer then. Thanks for the tip. I have an anniversary coming up too, my Dad on 9th April but was 9 years ago but am OK. Sorry to hear you are still so sad, she wouldn't want you to be you know. X

Annie

Definitely no bread it contains loads of rubbish!! Atkins is strictly no refined carbs, bread, pasta, cakes, biscuits, sugar etc etc!!

Mims are great, and made with the same stuff as my porridge! Look at the flax/mim sticky as lots of variety to cure bread/cake cravings! But limit to one a day.

Eat like a cavewoman, anything that can be caught or grows above ground in its natural form is a go'er!

I totally understand the teen thing, my youngest is 13 and my eldest is 20 this year, then there's the granddaughter too :)

Instead of spending out on the holiday let your OH have them for the day and take yourself to a local spa, have your nails done, swim, massage, sauna and a treatment such as hot stones, aromatherapy, Reiki etc.....you'll feel much, much better I promise!!!

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Annie, think some days are harder than others, it was the tenth anniversary of losing my dad on Wednesday too, I lost both my parents in the same week, four years apart :(

LadyF, I am fine about my Dad. He was in a lot of pain.

I have been to Waitrose after the porridge, still felt rough - tired, dizzy, headache walking around so I have just eaten a small amount of full fat raspberry yoghurt. Hopefully it will make me feel normal again. The other problem I am getting is heartburn - anyone else get it?

Started to feel a lot better around 8.30pm, could also be to do with the fact DD is very keen to come on a spa break next week and I have made a tentative booking.

Bread is off limits now - have only had one slice in a month.

Last edited:
Happy Easter Annie, hope you enjoyed your lie in. :)

Back