Food Diary of a Good Girl (10 weeks til W-Day!) x x

Go for it, if you can't have chips on a Friday when can you eh! I always forget about steak on a red day, may have some tomorrow night if I can get OH to go get some whilst I'm at work! I live about 9 miles from Long Eaton and it's closer to Nottingham than Derby, it's about 5 miles from Nottingham city centre. Meant to be a good night out, not been before because it's closer to Notts.

What she said :) I haven't had proper chips for ages, mmmmm!! Hope you enjoyed Lovely!!

I think it must be a night for wobbles!! I've been starving all afternoon/evening... I keep mooching from cupboard to fridge and back again, and there's no way I should be hungry :( Will go dig out some hot chocolate and see if that helps!

This is the dress, I think it's pretty, I just have horrid short legs, lol!

Ladies Corset Waist Prom Dress

x x

I know, i'm gutted cos my WI in is on a weds and pancake day is tuesday x

Ooo I love it! That will look gorgeous :)

I hate hungry days... I've been in and out my Christmas chocolates numerous times and put it back again. Going for a sneaky scale hop in the morning, hope I've shifted something!

Yes it's lovely Tulip ;) Re: my cheating tonight, i'll have to do some exercise over the weekend to make up for it!!
By the way, here is the syn free KFC, it's really nice..try it! I used 3 chicken breasts. I think 4 would've been too much for the amount of mixture I made as per the ingredients. I included ALL the optional items. Where it says 'mild' chilli powder, i used dried 'crushed' chillis which i think are a lot stronger than mild chilli so i used half a teaspon! Was very hot!

SYN FREE KFC

Syn Free KFC

4 Chicken Breasts or 10 x Chicken Drummers

1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbs

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

Enjoy!

KFC Here we come....

Week 4, Day 3

I hate hate hate working Saturdays!! Also we have no working microwave and there's no salad in, so have no idea what I'm doing for lunch :( I have Mugshots for emergencies but I'm not that fond of them :(

B: 2 x Chocolate Weetabix (B + 2) Banana, Milk (A)

S: Apple

L: Strawberry Mullerlight, Fruit Pot (Apple, Grapes, Pineapple)

S: Tangerine

S: BBQ Chicken Pieces

D: Gammon with Pineapple, New Potatoes, Sweetcorn

Fluids: Water, Diet Pop

Syns: 24/70

x x

Last edited:
I hate working Saturdays too, it's horrible when everyone else isn't. However I find that I don't pick as much at work so it's quite good!

I'm having mullerlight and strawberries for lunch today, yummy!

Going to attempt SW kebab tonight!

X

tulip85x said:
Ooooo... I've been thinking that looked tasty for a while :) Have to let us know how it turned out!

I've had a horrible day! Been starving all day! Had to sit on the train with all the kids munching McDonalds, sad times :( x x

It was sooo good! However, I found out it because I used normal lamb mince it was nearly 10 syns. So that put me off :-( OH ate it and just had a couple of skinny slithers off it...don't know if you can get extra lean lamb mince...couldn't see it anywhere, so might try beef next time.

Oh no not the McDonalds devil! Me and OH were just looking through my food directory and adding up a large big mac meal with milkshake.....shocking at nearly 80 syns!! Will be resisting for a while, may treat myself when I get to target!

X x

I know! Scary... I miss Gourmet Burger from Spoons, but I think thats about 60syns!! :(

Week 4, Day 4

B: Mango fat free Activia

L: Prawn Salad Sandwich (Prawns, 2 x Wholemeal Breads (B) Light Salad Cream (1.5) Baby leaves, Tomato, Cucumber) 2 x Plums

S: 6 x Chocolates (12 - Naughty Bad!!) Handful of Blueberries, Slices of Ham

D: Roast (Chicken, Dry Roasted Potatoes, 2 x Sausages (5) Cauliflour, Broccoli, Green Beans, Carrots, Peas, Sweetcorn, Gravy (2))

Fluids: Water, 1 x Coffee, Options Hazelnut (1.5) Milk (A)

Syns: 44/70

x x

Last edited:
I love the gourmet burger :-( even when I wasn't doing slimming world I was put off when they issued the nutritional information leaflets and found that it was nearly 2000 calories and that was before the glass of wine that comes with it!

Enough to send shivers down my spine!

See, this was my problem, I never looked, just ate... I also love the fudge cake from Spoons...

Week 4, Day 5

B: Banana

L: Chicken Sandwich (2 x Wholemeal Breads (B) Chicken, Baby Leaves, Tomato, Onion, Cucumber, Light Salad Cream(1.5)) 3 x Babybel Light (A) Fruits (Melon, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Tangerine) 2 x little Activia fat free Yogurts

S: Cadbury Highlights (2)

D: Sliced Ham, SW Chips, Broccoli, Cauliflour

S: Weird Marzipan thing :S No bigger than a Jaffa Cake, covered in dark chocolate with a fruit liqueur thing going on? (5 -ish, no nutritional info so haven't a clue really) Tsp of Nutella (4) Pineapple

Fluids: Water, 1 x Tea (0.5 for extra Milk)

Syns: 56.5/70

x x

Last edited:
Week 4, Day 6

B: Banana

S: 2 x Plums

L: Prawn Sandwich (2 x Wholemal Bread (B) Prawns, Smidge of Sour Cream (1) Baby leaves, Tomato, Cucumber) Raspberries, Bluberries, Strawberries, 2 x little fat free Activia yogurts (Cherry, Forest Fruits)

D: Gammon, Jacket Potato (Teeny amount of Flora ProActiv Light (1)) Broccoli

S: Skinny Cow Mint Choc Ice Cream (4.5) 1 x Hash Brown (2.5)

Fluids: Water, 1 x Tea (1 for sugar) Options Caramel (2) Milk (A)

Syns: 68.5/70

x x

Last edited:
Fabulous news ladies! 5 pound off!!

I can't even explain how good I feel! 2 pounds to target but may change target! Success express all the way! Out for a party tonight an Saturday so expecting a STS next week but so chuffed. Thanks for the support :) xxx

Congratulations Nikki ;) That's so good!! I've been on and off plan all week and thoroughly deserved to put on at my WI tomorrow, however I wanted pancakes so I figured if I went to another WI a day early (tonight) i'd own up, face up to a gain and have pancakes plus start tomorrow again!! But i when i went to the other meeting i lost half a pound!! Shocked to say the least, so i need a really good week now to make up for what i should've gained!! My record is still unblemished! You on the other hand thoroughly deserve your 5lb cos you've been so focussed. Chin up for tomorrow Tulip..you're doing equally well. It's me who let the side down this week!! :girlpower:

What do you think gave you such a good loss Nikki? Have you been exercising, or was it just really good planning? xx

I've been success express and cut my syns so I'm so glad! Enjoyed last night down the pub.....had 1 double vodka, 2 glasses of wine....chicken and bacon salad and then walked home and managed to munch my way through a 200g bag of chocolate raisins!! Ha! Cheeky scale hop showed I was the same weight this morning though yippee!

Keep at girls, well done on your half a pound, great stuff considering you expected a gain. Hope you enjoyed your pancakes!

Good luck tulip at WI.

Right back on plan today :)

xx

Hey MJ, you're still losing so you're not letting any side down :) Well done, and I hope you enjoyed your pancakes :D

Glad you were the same weight this morning Nikki, it's devasting when you get on and they've suddenly jumped up, I'm positive wine doesn't weigh THAT much :(

I'm all nervous for tonight, I really want a loss this week! See if I can break this horrible gain, lose, gain, lose cycle I seem to have going, and also because I'm sure I'll end up with a gain next week as I have partay on Friday and I've felt the need to get drunken for ages now!! Keep ya fingers crossed!! x x

Back