Food Diary of a Good Girl (10 weeks til W-Day!) x x

Week 3, Day 6

B: 2 x Alpen Lights

S: Tangerine

L: Garlic and Parsley Prawns, with Mixed leaves and Tomatoes, Melon, Vanilla fat free Activia

D: HM Mince Beef and Onion Pie (13 for pastry) New Potatoes, Peas

I ate the teeniest piece of cake ever, probably would've fitted on a tea spoon! (2 - to be on the safe side)

Fluids: Water, 1 x Tea (1 for sugar)

Syns: 77/70... Not very good at all really!

x x

Last edited:
Keep going tulip your doing great :)

X

Lost 1lb, slowly but surely...

Hmm i think i may need to plan more as i'm not really 100% and could probably lose a lot more if I stuck to it more! But at least i've lost 3 weeks running since starting, however small!
Onwards and upwards girls :p xx

Great stuff :) like you say at least your losing no matter how small. I'm trying really hard this week for a good loss but it is * week and feel so bloated :-( tips to get rid of bloatedness?

Xx

Well done on your 1lb loss MJ :) Mum always says the slower it comes off the longer it stays off... Dunno how true this is, but keep at it!

Nikki - Know how you feel hun, I've been like that all week, had weird trapped wind pains too :( I've been drinking tonnes of water, sometimes it helps but sometimes it just makes it worse :( If you're a yogurt person, the activia ones are dead nice and I think they have some stuff in them that's meant to make you feel less bloated? Other than that Probiotic yogurts/drinks?

I lost 4lb last night, was well impressed! Not necessarily understanding why though, and I'm worried I'm yo-yo'ing! Will try really hard this week as I really don't want a gain next WI! x x

Hoping to stick to 70 syns again this week :) Have no "events" that I'm aware of, so should be able to have a really good week! Also back at home so should be able to get the gym once or twice :D

Week 4, Day 1

B: 28g Ready Brek (B) 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk (most A) Jam (1)

L: Roast Chicken Mugshot, Half Red Grapefruit, Strawberries, Toffee Mullerlight

S: Tangerine

D: Chicken Curry Stirfy (Chicken, Curry Sauce (10 - Eeek!!) Mixed Peppers, Cabbage, Carrots, Beanshoots, Onions) Uncles Ben's Mixed Pepper Rice (1.5 for half)

Teeniest bit of Kit Kat Chunky (1)

Fluids: Water, Diet Pop, 1 x Tea (1 for sugar)

Syns: 14.5/70

x x

Last edited:
Thats fantastic Tulip, you're obviously doing something right!! I know what you mean about yo yo dieting, i'm sort of doing that. Plus i can't get using to not having my white bread and i'm craving it. :( I really need a good planned week this week. I might try green for a change...
Nikki hope you're feeling ok, thanks for the kind words!! Re: bloating, I know some people have said that doing a red week reverses bloating symptoms? Just a thought?
I'm not sure which to try as if i do red i'm not a big meat eater but if i do green i don't really like a lot of veg but i do like pasta and rice!
Plus i've stupidly bought the same bread that i think is high syn value, tesco finest multiseed farmhouse batch, it's not white but it is made from flour which is why its prob high, but i was in tesco last ngt and couldn't see any other bread that i fancied (apart from white which i resisted against). I've bought wholemeal twice now and ended up throwing away as i hate the taste :( Anyway, I need a good loss this week as it's too slow!! Although my friend says many drips make a big bucketful!!! Anyway lets keep going girls, I like it that it's just us 3 mainly on this forum, easier to keep up!! Mxx

By the way girls, my friend sent me the other recipe for that red soup :

2 stock cubes
2 onions
3 cloves of garlic
6-8 carrots
3 medium pepper roasted no oil then skin taken off
2 potatoes to thicken
Salt pepper n herbs to taste.
Tea spoon or so of tomato puree when nearly cooked.

I use potato to thicken it slightly not sure how else to do it.
All in one pan boil n blend again dash of skimmed milk to make it creamy.

Wow 4lb is great tulip! Well done!

I think there is a yo-yo dieter in all of us unfortunately, but then sometimes it just clicks and we have a great week!

I agree on the bread front MJ I have had to cut it out totally because wholemeal is just not the same at all, I've always said when I get to target my treat is going to be a part baked White baguette hot and filled with cheese and ham! Yummy!

Thanks for the advice girls, may try the activia yoghurts as I'm having a fruit/veg detox this week to try and boost me!

Going to cook that soup tonight, sounds yummy and not too hard or expensive (bit broke after having 3 days off work I'll last week and it's unpaid :-( )

Xx

Ok girls... Did the soup!

I used:

6 carrots
4 peppers
2 peppers
4 garlic cloves
2 chicken stock cubes (extra flavour)
1tbsp tomato ketchup
1tbsp tomato puree
2tsp sweet chilli sauce
1tsp chilli powder
2tsp paprika

Blitzed up an voila!

OH loved it but had 2 thick slices of White toast with his :-(

Still got enough for 2 more servings too!

Yum sounds lovely! You said '4 peppers' and '2 peppers', were they different colours? If so which ones? I've just realised that i had some chicken fillets in the fridge that I forgot to freeze, decided they would have to be thrown away if i didn't cook something with them tonight and i'd already had my tea, sooooo, i know it's late but i've just attempted to bake syn free KFC!! Recipe from one of the forums. About to take them out of the oven so i'll let you know what they taste like!! Made them into balls so will be like popcorn chicken kfc i hope!!! xx

I meant 2 onions... It was yummy but I can smell garlic really bad this morning!

Soup sounds goooood :) I need to invest in a blender methinks!

MJ, how did the KFC go?

Week 4, Day 2

I am off shopping today to find a dress for my sisters housewarming party! I think I'm still inbetween sizes so it should be fun, OH is coming with me, which isn't fun, as he's one of the most impatient shoppers ever! Having said that he is very good really :) ... *UPDATE* I have a dress, whoohoo! Dunno If I actually like it or not... Hmmm

B: 2 x Alpen Lights (B) Apple

S: 3 x Babybel Lights (A) Vanilla fat free Activia

L: Omelette (2 x Eggs, Ham, Mushrooms, Onions)

D: Spaghetti Bolognese (Lean Beef Mince, Bolognese sauce from a jar (4) extra Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Onions, Spaghetti)

S: Pineapple

Fluids: NAS Squash, Water, 2 x Coffee (2 for extra Milk) Options Vanilla (1.5)

Syns: 22/70

x x

Last edited:
The KFC was absolutely gorgeous, mmmmmm!! Will definitely make it again. I burnt it last ngt so not perfect, but tasted really nice! I'll try the soup as well as I like the sound of it! I'm feeling a wobble coming on this weekend though, i'm still craving bread. Wish I could be hypnotised to not like it! xx

Mmm must trying the kfc chicken! I just had a major wobble MJ I got in from work and had hand was in the pretzels... Prob about 3 little ones, then a teaspoons of ice cream, then a dunk in the chocolate spread and a blob of cheese! Lucky the cheese can be my HEXA!

Tulip.... Want to see the dress!! Pictures please! X

Yes please Tulip..pictures of the dress please!!
Nikki your wobble is nothing, i'm planning on having steak mushrooms and chips now (proper chips). I can't stop thinking about it so i'm just going to have it. I'm so baddddd. Got the stuff out ready last ngt so i'm not changing my mind, meat ok as will grill it but chips need to be syned!! Mxx
PS. Nikki, is Long Eaton near Derby? I'm planning on going for a ngt out there for my birthday in June.

Michjoanne said:
Yes please Tulip..pictures of the dress please!!
Nikki your wobble is nothing, i'm planning on having steak mushrooms and chips now (proper chips). I can't stop thinking about it so i'm just going to have it. I'm so baddddd. Got the stuff out ready last ngt so i'm not changing my mind, meat ok as will grill it but chips need to be syned!! Mxx
PS. Nikki, is Long Eaton near Derby? I'm planning on going for a ngt out there for my birthday in June.

Go for it, if you can't have chips on a Friday when can you eh! I always forget about steak on a red day, may have some tomorrow night if I can get OH to go get some whilst I'm at work! I live about 9 miles from Long Eaton and it's closer to Nottingham than Derby, it's about 5 miles from Nottingham city centre. Meant to be a good night out, not been before because it's closer to Notts.

Ah right, well i've been out in Nottingham before but I fancied Derby. Just that i don't know which pubs to go in, want to find a B & B thats close to the best ones.
Re: my steak, well i wasn't as good as I was going to be, cooked my mushrooms in spray oil and started to grill my steak, but mushrooms were burning so i added bit of butter to pan, then my steak looked dry so i transferred it to the pan with the mushrooms! Well and truly cheated tonight!! Oh well, I enjoyed it ;) Got a few days to recover yet so hope will still be ok xx

It's about 8 miles to derby I think. A blob of butter can't hurt though ( or is that wishful thinking? ) I'm actually looking forward to weigh day this week...especially because it's pancake day too! Yummy!

Back