Fray's Food Diary - Scale ban

Helps me see in the dark, too!

Jen...my sauce never turns out exactly the same more than once! I do it with quorn mainly so I brown off my quorn fillets in a pan for about 1-2 mins and then pour in a tin of chopped tomatoes, 1/2 pint of stock, throw in whole button mushrooms, 1 or 2 (depending on how much I make) of those frozen spinach blocks from asda, some onion and any other veg I fancy, as much curry powder to your taste...I use medium, a sprinkling of black pepper, a sprinkling of ground cumin, a little bit of garlic, bit of dried or fresh corriander, sometimes a dash of lea and perrins and let it all simmer and boil down for the remaining 20 mins it takes the quorn to cook. Stir it occassionally. It thickens up on its own really nicely.

This sauce started as just chopped tomatoes and curry powder! Now I add all this in it really does taste like a brilliant curry! You just throw it all in frozen/fresh mixed up and it simmers down. No work at all!

01/07/10 Extra Easy (friend round for tea)

Breakfast: Trimmed bacon and a 2-egg omelette (frylighted)

Lunch: Not sure yet!

Tea: Chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese (HexA), salad and pasta. 2 x Asda Wholemeal Pitta (1 x HexB, 1 x synned). I forgot I was on extra easy and had two! Whoops. Nando's sauce (synned).

Followed by sugar free jelly (synned) and mini bag of milkyway stars (synned).

Snacks/Grazing:

Drinks: Water, diet decaf coke

Syns: Nando's sauce - 1 syn
Jelly - 0.5 syns
Milkyway stars - 3.5 syns
Pitta - 7 syns?

Total Syns: 12!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poo!!! Trying to save them!

Body Magic:
  • Lots of hoovering (whole house) and cleaning (whole house). Took hours!!

Last edited:
Thanks Fray - I'll give that a go!

Oh, fudge!! I had two HexB's by accident. Am so used to being on a red or green and not EE so forgot I only get one. Means I have to syn it and I'm supposed to be saving my syns for tomorrow night!

That happens to me too if I throw in an EE day - I love having 2 HEXB's on red/green!

Thing is, I still remembered to have 1/3 superfree on EE!

Poorly tummy today...something I ate? Too much salad recently? I dunno. I hope it clears by tonight! Anyone know what I can eat? I'm doing a green day so figure wholegrain rice tonight for tea.

Scrambled egg on toast x Hope your feeling better soon Fray

I am out of eggs! But I have toast! I had a banana and a yoghurt for breakfast so I'll have toast for lunch. Thanks Jen!

The day I use my flexi-syns!!!

02/07/10 (Green Day)

Breakfast: Banana, mullerlight.

Lunch: 3 x WW brown danish (HexB) with Laughing Cow Light (HexA) and strawberries.

Tea: 3 quorn sausages and wholegrain rice.

Snacks/Grazing: Milkybar buttons (synned) and Alpen Light (1/2 HexB)

Drinks: Water

Syns: Milkybar buttons - 9 syns

Total Syns: 9

Hmmmm...that wasn't what I expected to happen! I was saving them for a blow out and only used 9!

Body Magic:
  • 20 mins step with 2kg free weights
  • 20 mins step without weights
  • 15 mins "wii cycling" with legs - 6km
  • 25 mins other aerobic/balance games including hula hooping and boxing.
TOTAL: 1 hour 20 mins

Well, yesterday was supposed to be my flexi-syn day as I was at a showing of Twilight at midnight. My OH measured out exactly 15 syns of Milkybar buttons from a big pack (turned out to be half the packet or just under) before we went and put them in a food bag inside the original bag. He ate the other half at the cinema by the way. I also took along two alpen bars as I'd saved my HexB and a flake so I'd eat about 20-30 syns as well as picking at whatever else was on offer.

However, I didn't eat all my buttons. Weighed what was left when we got home and there were still about 6 syns worth in the bag! Unheard of! I ate one of my alpen lights on the way home as I was hungry. I didn't touch the flake and didn't pick at anything that was offered to me. I guess it's better in the long run but I've been miserable all week saving these syns and fretting about it being saved syns!

Well done Fray!! How was the film btw?

The film wasn't great which is a shame. VERY rushed. I think it'd be a great watch if you haven't read the book.

03/07/10 (Red Day)

Breakfast: Strawberries

Lunch: Missed it!

Tea: Steak and nando's sauce (synned), quorn sausages with a huge salad with salad cream (synned) and boiled eggs. 3 x WW brown danish (HexB) and flora light (synned).

Followed by strawberries and a New York cheesecake mullerlight (synned) with 2 x alpen bars (HexB) on top.

Snacks/Grazing: 2 x pink and whites (synned)

Drinks: Water, decaf tea (milk synned)

Syns:New York Cheesecake mullerlight - 1 syn
Dash of milk - 0.5 syns
Nando's sauce - 0.5 syns
Heinz Light Salad Cream - 2 syns
Flora light - 2 syns
Pink and Whites x 2 - (2 x 2.5) 5 syns

Total Syns: 11 (whoops)

Body Magic:
  • An afternoon of gardening

04/07/10 (Extra Easy)

Breakfast: Turkey rasher, omelette, flat mushrooms and beans with brown sauce (synned).

Lunch: Roast dinner with mash (no butter or milk), gravy (synned) 2 x small roast potatoes (synned) and free veg.

Followed by jelly (synned) with strawberries in and 12.5g squirty cream (synned).

Tea: Ryvita crackerbread (HexB) with laughing cow light (HexA) and cucumber.

Snacks/Grazing: Banana

Drinks: Water, decaf-diet coke

Syns: Brown sauce - 1 syn
Gravy - 3 syns
Squirty cream - 1 syn
Sugarfree jelly - 0.5 syns
Frozen potatoes - 7 syns (!!!)

Total Syns: 12.5

Body Magic:
  • Walked the dog for an hour and 15 mins
  • 30 mins on Just Dance
  • Week 2 Day 2 of 100 push ups - max 20
  • Week 1 Day 2 of 200 sit ups - max 14

Last edited:
Bloody hell!!! Frozen roasts are high syn - better to make your own with fry light hun x

We eat out for Sunday lunch and it's what his mum gives me. I've told her I won't be having any this Sunday. Thank goodness it was only two!

Pants!

Just 2lb off for me this week. Bit down in the dumps as I have been exercising so hard. I guess that's not enough!

05/07/10 (Green Day)

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette in frylight and 3 x WW brown danish (HexB) with flora light (synned).

Lunch: Sleeping

Tea: Few mouthfuls of chickpea dahl and wholegrain rice.

Couple of strawberries and a spoonful or two of mullerlight with a little bit of alpen bar (HexB)

Snacks/Grazing:

Drinks: Water, decaf tea (milk synned), sugar free cherryade

Syns: Flora Light - 2 syns
Dash of milk - 2 x 0.5 = 1 syn

Total Syns: 3

Body Magic:
  • 20 mins step with 2kg free weights
  • 10 mins step without weights

Last edited:
Ughh...I dislike being ill. You would think I would be used to it now. Can't stomach anything today.

Feel better soon hun x x

Back