Frumpy Mummy to Yummy Mummy Diary

I dont like green tea either but i hate black tea without milk and sugar (I hate the aftertaste of sweetners) aswell so i thought lets be healthy and i make it in a small cup and let it cool and just gulp it down x

Today has been fine but oh boy do i miss food, i was even dreaming of it last night :cry:I am now working on my husband to let me order the slim and save to see if i like that better otherwise i will just do the exante shakes and not the soups and keep the bars for emergencies as there is no way i am coming off the vlcd x

Today has been a good day for me, totally used to everything now and was actually looking foward to relaxing and enjoying my shake in the evening. Feeling a lot more positive as i have completed a week today and hope the scales are kind to me tomorrow x

It was weigh in day for me and i have lost 6lbs in my first week. Unfortunately this loss has been overshadowed about something that is really testing me out because all i want to do is eat garbage. Today i had a 6 week checkup even though my son will be 12 weeks tomorrow. Everything was going fine until the doc checked his spine and i saw his face change and he said that my sons spine will need to be scanned as it feels like its split and not fused at the bottom and also something about hair but he just wasnt being clear. He kept on saying he wants a scan as a precaution as its better to know now than leave it at chance but he wouldnt give me anymore info apart from make another appointment with him after the scan! Because i was so worried i looked up what he said and i really wish i hadnt. I cant rest now until he has had his scan to see if there is anything wrong, i feel so low today diary.

hiya, just sending you big hugs, hope you have some answers (positive!) soon ((((((safia))))) xxx

Hello diary I havent been ignoring just been so busy with my three little monsters x
I am on day 12 and have been 100% so far but did have 2 days where i missed my third shake so thats the only naughty thing i did. My hair is falling out at an alarming rate and really dont want to start seeing bald patches as i really dont want to stop now untill july or august.
Overall i have read some peoples mood changes on the diet and lets just say i have become an old romantic and my husband runs a mile when he see's me in that mood lol:D

Hi safia just popping by to say hi hope your ok and Still going strong.

Hi Spryo I am ok just plodding along. Got one of my sons appointments through for tomorrow to see a paedritician but still waiting for his scan appointment. Despite all this i haven't given into my urge to just eat to get over the stress and lost 3.5lbs in my second weigh in bringing me into the 15s! So really happy and in the zone right now x

Well done that's excellent I had a bit of a blip today but gonna carry on tomorrow. I pray it goes well for you tomorrow and your son will fine. Well done for being so strong.

Just caught up with your diary. Hope everything went well today hun. Stay strong you're doing fab :hug99: xx

Yeah thinking of you hun

Sounds like the diet's going really well.
What you were saying about your son really struck a chord with me. My youngest is 4 months and at her 8 week checkup the GP detected a heart murmer and referred her to the hospital. Like you I was so worried, the appointment for this was just last week and as it turns out everything is fine with her. I had 8 weeks of worrying for nothing. They always have to err on the side of caution with babies so please try not to worry too much. I'm sure your baby's outcome will be just as good as mine :)
And also regarding the hairloss, mine's exactly the same. Rather than it be the diet I would say it's more likely due to you having recently given birth. While pregnant your hair stops growing and therefore shedding, once you've given birth the process starts again. So it feels like you're losing tons of hair but in reality it's just what you would have lost over the 9 months you were pregnant. If it was diet related it wouldn't tend to happen until futher down the line. Hope this helps

Thankyou so much everyone the appointment went very well today and i am a lot more positive that his scan on his spine next week will be fine too. Today he went to the physio because he has flattened his head on one side too much and she said that he was absolutly fine and that it wont affect his brain growth and also his neck muscles are not stiff so its just patience and keeping his head on the left side. I mentioned to her the doc was concerned about his spine and he was going for a scan next so she asked me whether she could check and after checking she said she feels nothing wrong and the hair he has near his bottom is normal so dont know why doc thinks its not. I was so scared that he has spina bifida but i am a lot more positive that the scan will show nothing as the physio knows a lot more about babys bones than the doc. After next week i can go back to normal x

I'm so glad to hear that, it's good she wasn't worried. Doctors are useless in my opinion.no offense to anyone. You should see my daughters back it's so hairy the poor thing and she's a girl so its worse.

Unfortunately you are right about docs, i can count on my fingers any good docs i have seen! This particular doc was already rude to me when i took my daughters in before so was not looking foward to seeing him. He panicked me when he said my son needed a scan but wouldnt explain properly why. The physio explained that for it to be spina bifida the area will have a tuft of hair and be very raised not flat like his and plus she said there was no split at the bottom of his spine! Well atleast i can breath easy now and focus on losing weight and not think about cheating :D

Liz lol your right i think the hairloss maybe pregnancy related as i lost a lot of hair after i had my first daughter but i also had anamia but this time its just the hairloss. Doh! i sometimes forget i only had a baby 13 weeks ago! x

Yeah I wouldn't worry Hun at least you an focus a bit now. Anyway im off to bed now before my belly starts rumbling lol. Nite. have a good day tomorrow.

Had a heart to heart conversation with my husband today and have decided not to order anymore exante when the ones i have run out. I will be going back to sw because i realise the fast weight loss is pleasing me but long term i know i will put the weight back on when i stop and a vlcd is not going to help me long term. So despite the slow losses i will go back to sw but join a different group as a new member because i didnt really like my last class so thats why i switched to exante.
Exante as a diet is very easy for me but is very emotionally draining and anti-social. Also my daughters particularly my 3 year old is now spotting that i am not eating so dont want her to know what i am doing and i really miss sitting down with my family to eat. I will continue with exante until i run out but one thing i will miss is coming on here because this part of minimins is the most supportive i have encountered x

Back