Gen's CD Diary... Day 185... gonna give SS another bash!!

Gen,

You will get stronger...just think back six weeks and you had it all going on just the way you wanted. You can get back there again...I do believe you will, you were so happy with yourself.

You have given him all your time and there is nothing come back for you...

Just take back even a little of the time and effort you have been giving to him...time, feelings and comfort and give it to yourself.

Nothing tastes as good as slim does:)

Sending hugs.

Love Mini xxx

Hiya Mini

Thanks for your post. I'm taking back time and effort back as and from yesterday. I'm really taking a step back for a while for my own sanity!!!

oh believe me i know nothing tastes as good as slim does i'll be back :D :D :D

love

Gen xx

Hey Sarah

thanks for posting.... hows things with you??

love

Gen xx

Hey Gen!

Have just posted on my thread so won't bore you twice! Feeling okay, could be better! Hey ho! Sitting here munching on yoghurt covered raisins, must stop, but they are just so yummy! Hope you've had a good day at work!

Love Sarah x

Hun - reading your last few posts immediately brought this book to mind - I honestly hope you don't think I'm being horrid but we honestly have all been there!!! I know I have with every relationship I've ever had except the one I've got now!

If he doesn't reply to your email/text/call etc, it's cos he doesn't want to. End of.

Amazon.co.uk: He's Just Not That into You: The No-excuses Truth to Understanding Guys: Books: Greg Behrendt,Liz Tuccillo

'He's Just Not That Into You' by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo
"From The Publisher:
He says:
Oh sure, they say they're busy. They say that they didn't have even a moment in their insanely busy day to pick up the phone. It was just that crazy. All lies. With the advent of cell phones and speed dialing, it is almost impossible not to call you. Sometimes I call people from my pants pocket when I don't even mean to. If I were into you, you would be the bright spot in my horribly busy day. Which would be a day that I would never be too busy to call you.

She says:
There is something great about knowing that my only job is to be as happy as I can be about my life, and feel as good as I can about myself, and to lead as full and eventful a life as I can, so that it doesn't ever feel like I'm just waiting around for some guy to ask me out. And most importantly, it's good for us all to remember that we don't need to scheme and plot, or beg anyone to ask us out. We're fantastic.

For ages, women have come together over coffee, cocktails or late-night phone chats to analyze the puzzling behavior of men.

He's afraid to get hurt again.
Maybe he doesn't want to ruin the friendship.
Maybe he's intimidated by me.
He just got out of a relationship.

Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo are here to say that—despite good intentions—you're wasting your time. Men are not complicated, although they'd like you to think they are. And there are no mixed messages.

The truth may be He's just not that into you.

Unfortunately, guys are too terrified to ever directly tell a woman, "You're not the one." But their actions absolutely show how they feel.

He's Just Not That Into You—based on a popular episode of Sex and the City—educates otherwise smart women on how to tell when a guy just doesn't like them enough, so they can stop wasting time making excuses for a dead-end relationship.

Reexamining familiar scenarios and classic mindsets that keep us in unsatisfying relationships, Behrendt and Tuccillo's wise and wry understanding of the sexes spares women hours of waiting by the phone, obsessing over the details with sympathetic girlfriends, and hoping his mixed messages really mean "I'm in love with you and want to be with you."

He's Just Not That Into You is provocative, hilarious and, above all, intoxicatingly liberating. It deserves a place on every woman's night table. It knows you're a beautiful, smart, funny woman who deserves better. The next time you feel the need to start "figuring him out," consider the glorious thought that maybe he's just not that into you. And then set yourself loose to go find the one who is. "

Darling - please don't waste any more of your time/love/energy on this man. He is not the One for you.

lots of love

Hi Isobel

i have heard that one before and it is sooo true.

the thing is i'm not into him or he into me.. and i don't want him to be either. anytime i think what would happen if he was to fall for me it freaks the **** out of me cos i just don't want him as a 'boyfriend'. he is far too immature and has far too many issues.

i just want him to be a proper friend, but i suppose the same rules as you said above apply, maybe he just doesn't want that either!!

anyway i have taken a few steps back and taken some control back and i feel good for that!!

love

Gen xx

Day 165... not sure why i'm counting the days anymore but i'll continue!

anyway got a bit drunk last night and tried phoning weekend wanker, of course, he didn't bother answering so i sent him a few choice text messages telling him exactly what i thought of him. i was really upset but i'm glad i did it. he didn't reply and i'm not surprised.

anyway today is a new day and i'm leaving him in the past for once and for all, he brings nothing to my life only misery. i just can't believe that i am so upset over letting someone go who brings nothing to my life and all i do is help him.... what is it???

anyway gonna try my very best not to dwell on the past and keep busy and with time i'll forget he ever existed.

i'm really tired today... poor me :p :p

hope you all have a lovely day

Gen xx

Hi Gen,

Your a very loving person and as such you hate to stand by and let someone you care for destroy themselves, but in the end if you don't protect yourself and stand back from the edge with him, he will pull you down with him.

The sad thing is that he might rise again, leaving you in the pit of despair.

You have a right to life and there is only so much humanly possible for you to do...there is professionals out there that can help him and he does not want to do know and that is not your fault...he has to want to get better himself, you can't force him.

We have all been in similar situations with people down our lives and I know you might read this message and if your like me you will probably read it and feel well you are different and of course you are...but learning the hard way is what I seem to be very good at:)

Big Hugs Gen, your a great friend, it is a pity he can't appreciate how beautiful and good you are.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Gen,

Your a very loving person and as such you hate to stand by and let someone you care for destroy themselves, but in the end if you don't protect yourself and stand back from the edge with him, he will pull you down with him.

The sad thing is that he might rise again, leaving you in the pit of despair.

You have a right to life and there is only so much humanly possible for you to do...there is professionals out there that can help him and he does not want to do know and that is not your fault...he has to want to get better himself, you can't force him.

We have all been in similar situations with people down our lives and I know you might read this message and if your like me you will probably read it and feel well you are different and of course you are...but learning the hard way is what I seem to be very good at:)

Big Hugs Gen, your a great friend, it is a pity he can't appreciate how beautiful and good you are.

Love Mini xxx

Hiya Mini

I am no different at all. i have just been on the Discovery website reading my old diary and back in June I was going through exactly the same thing with this guy that i'm going through now. i have let him bring me down more times than i care to remember but not anymore. the good thing is he won't contact me again, as much as that hurts, it is a good thing. i just have to make sure not to contact him cos i really don't want to.

thanks for your lovely words mini they are very much appreciated. how you guys have listened to me over the past couple of months i don't know... i sound like a broken record lol

love

Gen xx

Hi Gen!

I thought the same thing this morning - why am I still counting??!! Esp me coz I'm not really on CD anymore! Mad!

Anyway, hope you have a good day today, and you're not too hungover! I hate that feeling - being tired and hungover!

Am sitting here watching rubbish on TV with a nice cup of tea! Wish I had a CD bar - that would make things perfect!! :(

Loadsa love Sarah x

Hi Gen

I'm glad you've got things in perspective - believe me time is a fantastic healer, each day you will feel stronger and stronger.

You did good to read back through your diary, it makes such a difference to see it in black and white doesn't it? Our minds tend to play tricks on us when we try to remember past events and with dickheads like yours we only remember the good times!!

Stay strong honey! Are you SS'ing today?

Luv,

Hi Gen

I'm glad you've got things in perspective - believe me time is a fantastic healer, each day you will feel stronger and stronger.

You did good to read back through your diary, it makes such a difference to see it in black and white doesn't it? Our minds tend to play tricks on us when we try to remember past events and with dickheads like yours we only remember the good times!!

Stay strong honey! Are you SS'ing today?

Luv,

Hey Karen

thanks for that.. i know i'll be fine. i'm a bit teary today but am staying strong and just riding out any urges to contact him which to be honest are few and far between!!

i'm not ss'ing today i'm comfort eating instead :confused: :eek: :confused: but i'm fine i'll get back on it just gonna give myself a day to eat crap, give out to me tomorrow!!!

love

Gen xx

Hey

Sorry to hear you're not feeling very good today about things, I know its SOO hard but it is the right thing to do in letting him go. Stay strong and you know I'm always here if you need to talk.

Hey Karen

thanks for that.. i know i'll be fine. i'm a bit teary today but am staying strong and just riding out any urges to contact him which to be honest are few and far between!!

i'm not ss'ing today i'm comfort eating instead :confused: :eek: :confused: but i'm fine i'll get back on it just gonna give myself a day to eat crap, give out to me tomorrow!!!

love

Gen xx

OK baby, take today off, wallow in self pity (it's good to do that sometimes!). BUT back on track tomorrow OK???

Loadsa luv,

Hey

Sorry to hear you're not feeling very good today about things, I know its SOO hard but it is the right thing to do in letting him go. Stay strong and you know I'm always here if you need to talk.

Cheers honey!!

I'll text ya later on xx

Hiya guys

i'm doing ok this afternoon, no urges to text or phone ww for a while now... it'll be later on but i'm gonna keep busy!!!

i've decided to start to give myself goals to aim towards!!

so my first one is the weekend of the 20th/21st October - my mothers family are having a reunion. So that is 4 1/2 weeks away and i would really like to be 11st something by then... hopefully 11st 7??? might be a bit too much to ask for but going on the way i was losing it should be manageable!!

anyway i'm feeling a lot more confident about starting and now i don't have that noose around my neck, in the form of the ww, i feel there is nothing going to get in my way!!

anyway just getting my head together and decided to jot it down!!

Gen xx

Excellent! Why not print out that last post and stick a copy by your desk and a copy on your fridge at home?!?! It's a great idea honey! You can defo be in the 11's by then and it'll be your lightest weight too!!

How exciting!

yay i know it is exciting!!!

i'm not half as upset as i thought i would be to be honest about ww, i think its a weight off my shoulders, must weight myself tonight to see lol

i know its early days but i'm coping very well and i'm going shopping tonight so that should cheer me up!!!

love

Gen xx

That's great! You can do so much better than him so when are you gonna get yourself out there to meet those gorgeous irish men?!?!?!

Did you say you were out on Sat night? What's happening?

That's great! You can do so much better than him so when are you gonna get yourself out there to meet those gorgeous irish men?!?!?!

Did you say you were out on Sat night? What's happening?

hiya not sure if i'm out saturday night... was going to but might just sit tight for the first weekend just in case i'm tempted to drink!!! but sure i'll see how i am on saturday.

i've decided when i get to about 11 stone i'm gonna hop on a few dating websites and see how it goes... so there is another thing to look forward to!!!

love

Gen xx

Back