Gen's CD Diary... Day 185... gonna give SS another bash!!

Day 171... I'm changing!!!

ok guys its Day 171 and i decided to change my way of losing weight for a little while.... as i'm sure anyone who reads my diary will know i have been up and down both on this diet and personally for the past month or so and i've decided its gonna stop. my personal life is back ton normal and i'm fine and happy. but i just couldn't seem to get my head around SS'ing 100%, i was grand during the day but i would be planning what i'd have that night and because i wouldn't have been 'allowed' to have food during the day my mind just went into overdrive which meant i was always making the really wrong choice of having a take away at night.

so i went to my relaxation class last night and the girl who runs it is fab. she does little exercises and there is always a 'topic' and last nights was 'to release something'. when it came to mine it was anger at myself for not being able to get back on the diet and not being able to stick with it. between us we came to the conclusion that at the moment my body and mind just isn't able for SS'ing 100% and mine was 'to release all rules about food from my life'. i have had so many rules in relation to dieting and food all my adult life and probably most of my childhood. so i now choose to release all rules that i hold about food from my life!

after the chat she does a quiet relaxation for about 15 minutes or that and when i was so relaxed it just seemed right to eat healthy with some cd products as well. when i was all chilled out i didn't even think of bad foods it was all good healthy stuff. to be honest i have craved healthy foods for the past while but because i was always starting cd and knew i wouldn't be having any food at all i always opted for the unhealthy option, i know thats mad but its true!!!

so from today, for a couple of weeks or for as long as i need to, i'm eating healthy. i'm going to do a diary of my food intake (mini thanks for that idea)!!

i feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing this morning. another reason is i really want to go to the gym and exercise and i feel that if i do exercise i will get faint cos of the low calories and i want to change my habits and try to incorporate exercise with healthy eating. i'm not saying i won't go back to ss'ing 100% but for the moment i'm not!

i have a lot to learn about food and how to approach it but when i started ss'ing it was because i was 16 stone, miserable, no nice clothes, no self esteem and the rest... but now i have nice clothes, i feel great about myself (most of the time), i'm no longer miserable and the same urgency isn't there. so i'm gonna take a little detour up the scenic route for the moment and see how i get on. if i find myself vereing off up bad food street i'll be re-assessing my options!!!

thanks for reading guys and i hope you all have a great day!!

love

Gen xx

My planned daily food intake...

So this is what i plan to have today!!

breakfast
2 x Ryvita, with laughing cow cheese, tomato & cucumber (114 calories)

mid-morning
1/2 peanut CD bar (87.5 calories)

lunch
Chicken & mushroom CD soup (not sure of the calories??)

mid-afternoon

Dinner
1 x chicken breast & brocolli (not sure of the calories)

i'm off over to the Weight Loss Resources website to check out the calories on some stuff!!!

As you can see i'm still using the CD products as they are just so handy and take the hassle out of 'choosing' whats good!!!

Morning Gen

I think you're making a very wise decision girlfriend!! You have been to'ing and fro'ing for weeks now, and as you say you're either perfect or v naughty choosing bad foods - at least this way you can eat albeit healthily!!

How many calories are you aiming for per day? I try for 1000 which includes 3 x LL packs - altho think i've beeng going over that lately cos i'm addicted to frozen roasted veggies (but they have an olive oil dressing on them) and frozen swede and carrot mash (but they have a butter seasoning). So tonight it's gonna be meat with cauli and broccoli methinks!!

Well done again, i really think this is the right track for you at the moment!

Luv

Morning Gen

I think you're making a very wise decision girlfriend!! You have been to'ing and fro'ing for weeks now, and as you say you're either perfect or v naughty choosing bad foods - at least this way you can eat albeit healthily!!

How many calories are you aiming for per day? I try for 1000 which includes 3 x LL packs - altho think i've beeng going over that lately cos i'm addicted to frozen roasted veggies (but they have an olive oil dressing on them) and frozen swede and carrot mash (but they have a butter seasoning). So tonight it's gonna be meat with cauli and broccoli methinks!!

Well done again, i really think this is the right track for you at the moment!

Luv

Karen, thank you so much for that. i know i'm doing the right thing and it feels so right but its also nice to know someone agrees with me!!!

i'm not sure what calories i'm aiming for... between 790 and 1000 i think... i'm gonna join the weight loss resources website and go from there. i have just had some ryvita with spreadable cheese, some tomato and cucumber with a cup of tea and it was delicious!!! i have counted the calories in the tomato and cucumber cos i don't them yet but the rest of it came to 114 calories!!!

i feel in control of my eating now so thats all good!!!

how are you today honey??

love

Gen xx

You are very welcome honey!!

Your breakfast sounds delish!!! And so does your menu for the day, and well done for spreading it out like that, i think it will make it easier for you to stick to plus will be great for your metabolism.

WLR is a great site, i used it a lot when i first got to management - can be a bit scary sometimes though, it's soo easy for those calories to build up so use the diary section on the site to keep you on track!!

I'm knackered today for some reason, feeling a bit bleurgh!! Got a mega early start tomorrow morning (gotta be up 4.30/5am ish as have to be in Portsmouth for an exhibition at 9am!! - then i'll be on the stand all day so tomorrow night i'm gonna be exhuasted!).

Will have a shake before i go, then prob two bars tomorrow as i'm on the stand - then a meal v late at night when i get home!

So i won't be on tomorrow day time at all..... But will prob check in tom evening and look forward to hearing about your menu for then!! lol

Still waiting for my boss to give me the ok for friday and monday off for my blackpool weekend - grrrrr! It's so unlike him too!

Hiya Gen, I think what you are doing is spot on, its so easy to think, oh I cant ss Ill give up, but you havent, and thats what makes you excellent, SS is not the be all and end all, there are loads of people that have lost weight many other ways.

For you to take a slightly different route when you know the first one isnt right for you at this time is such good thinking and Im chuffed for you x

Reactions: Gen
Hiya Gen, I think what you are doing is spot on, its so easy to think, oh I cant ss Ill give up, but you havent, and thats what makes you excellent, SS is not the be all and end all, there are loads of people that have lost weight many other ways.

For you to take a slightly different route when you know the first one isnt right for you at this time is such good thinking and Im chuffed for you x

thanks vicky, believe me i have been fighting with myself for the past month and losing and putting on the same few pound every week and just generally out of control food wise. i know i was battling other stuff as well and probably blamed that on my eating but now that is sorted i have nothing else to focus on only my food intake and it just seems right now to do this. i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders its great!!!

thank you for your support it means a great deal to me

love

Gen xx

Hi guys

day 1 of my new regime is going brill... the lads i work with had chips at lunchtime and instead of denying myself them cos 'i'm on a diet' i had two went out got a pint of water and didn't have or want anymore!!!

i just had to post that cos i think thats my first achievement!!

love

gen xx

Hey Gen,
Just catching up with your thread well done with your change in lifestyle you seem to be flourishing with the healthy food and two chips i really see that as an achievement i would of eaten the lot then beat myself up about it later you have a much healthier approach long may it last !
take care chick xxx

Hey Gen,
Just catching up with your thread well done with your change in lifestyle you seem to be flourishing with the healthy food and two chips i really see that as an achievement i would of eaten the lot then beat myself up about it later you have a much healthier approach long may it last !
take care chick xxx

cheers honey

today has gone really well so far. i'm off to the gym after work and then gonna have a chicken breast and some brocolli!!! i can't wait i love brocolli!

thanks for stopping by

love

Gen xx

Hi guys

day 1 of my new regime is going brill... the lads i work with had chips at lunchtime and instead of denying myself them cos 'i'm on a diet' i had two went out got a pint of water and didn't have or want anymore!!!

i just had to post that cos i think thats my first achievement!!

love

gen xx

Hi Gen!

Good for you honey! What a wise decision. You could have so easily just given up, but you didn't! You're hardly going off the CD programme much anyway, but I know what you mean about just having some food. The CD food packs are so yummy anyway, it's just like having 'normal' food!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but thanks for your messages! Am off tomorrow so if I get everything done I should be on at some point!

Had a good read-up on your thread, so feel I know where you're 'at' at the mo! Good luck with your eating plan hun!

Love ya!

Sarah x

Day 172... feeling grand!!

Day 172 and i'm feeling grand guys.

i stuck very well to my healthy eating yesterday and found it absolutely fine!!!

Weigh in - Tuesday 26th September - 13st 3lb
Weigh in - Wednesday 27th September - 13st 0lb!!!

My food intake yesterday was as follows:

breakfast
2 x Ryvita, with laughing cow cheese, tomato & cucumber (130 calories)

mid-morning

lunch
Chicken & mushroom CD soup (approx 170 calories)

mid-afternoon

Dinner
1 x chicken breast, mushroom & red peppers with brocolli (approx 150 calories)

1 x Glass of White wine (100 calories)

Total of 725 calories!!

I'm delighted with myself cos i really thought i would have put on weight after eating but no!!!

hope everyone is having a good day

love

Gen xx

Day 173... Doing brill and 6lb down!!!

hey all

Weigh in - 28th September - 12st 11lb!!

thats a total loss since starting my new plan on tuesday of 6lb... now i know its all the crap leaving my system but who cares :D :D :D

i feel great and totally in control of my food intake. i'm not even craving anything not good and thats a huge bonus. i actually feel that this could be the making of my new lifestyle!!! although i'm only having about 750-790 calories at the moment i'm sure when i lose the rest of my weight i'll up that slightly :rolleyes: :eek: :D

anyway my food intake for yesterday was as follows:

breakfast

mid-morning

lunch
Chicken & mushroom CD soup (approx 170 calories)

mid-afternoon

Dinner
1 x chicken breast, mushroom, red peppers, green pepper, onion some garlic, ginger and chilli flakes and 1/2 tin of tomatoes with brocolli (approx 200 calories) Scrum-didly-umptious!!!!

Total of 675 calories!!

drank 4+ litres of water also

i don't include the milk i have in my tea... its only a ickle bit and only have about 3 cups a day!!

the dinner last night was just lovely... i made too much will know in future but was fab!!

went and got reflexology last night and it was lovely, very relaxing. i have had a sore tail bone (end of my spine i think) since i was in australia, i fell and my full weight (16 stone) landed on it... it feels a little bit better today so thats good... going back next wednesday too!

thats all my news really, oh yeah, going for a smear test at lunchtime and a full sti testing ewwwwwwwwwww scarlet :p :p :rolleyes:

hope you are all having a fab day

love

Gen xx

Day 174...

Hey guys

Day 174 on this mad weight loss journey of mine!!

weigh in 29th September - 12st 11lb (well couldn't expect to lose 3lb every day ha ha)

I'm feeling really great and positive and ya know what cos i'm having food little and often i don't get really hungry and its working really well for me!!

the weekend will be a little tester so fingers crossed and blinkers on and i'll be grand hee hee

anyway my food intake for yesterday was as follows:

breakfast

mid-morning

lunch

mid-afternoon

Snack
2 x jaffa cake biscuits (80 calories approx)

Dinner
1 x donegal catch cod chunk, turnip, brocolli (200 calories approx)

Total of 715 calories!!

drank 4+ litres of water also

hope everyone is having a lovely day

Gen xx

Hello Gen!

Just to say well done and good luck with the eating plan.

It sounds like a necessary step in your ongoing getting to grips with food and weight.

I hope I can keep the urge to eat healthily and the discipline going when I'm off SS-ing- your path seems harder in some ways, but also more likely to equip you for the rest of your life.

Hello Gen!

Just to say well done and good luck with the eating plan.

It sounds like a necessary step in your ongoing getting to grips with food and weight.

I hope I can keep the urge to eat healthily and the discipline going when I'm off SS-ing- your path seems harder in some ways, but also more likely to equip you for the rest of your life.

Thanks for popping by Kate... it hasn't been hard yet, i know its only 4 days but i'm doing really well and very proud that i have done so well.

i definitely needed to get my head sorted around food and at the moment i'm happy to be doing it this way and hopefully lose the weight quick enough. who knows maybe next week that may change!!!

how are you getting on?

Gen xx

Hey Gen girl!

Great to see you in such a positive frame if mind & WELL DONE ON THE WEIGHT LOSS SO FAR!!!

Keep it up, we're all rooting for you!!

Hi Gen
You are doing great babe.
Reading what you are eating is great.
Helps to know what others are doing and lossind weight.
Keep up the good work.

Back