Genuine people

How do these people get caught out?! What an eye opener :-(

happens on most online forums unfortunately. they are known as trolls and just post to cause trouble. its said but its part of online life I guess. Then there are lots and lots of genuine lovely people too :D

Kieragh1515 said:
Omg I have ever had any thoughts like this, has never occurred to me? Now I'm paranoid & looking back over my posts! I luv this forum, makes me feel part of a team, would hate to think people are reading others posts and thinking unkindly, am I being naive :-(

I mat admit I felt exactly the same :(

Whether ppl are genuine or are isn't the important thing in my opinion.. When you post, be honest and that should be enough.

I agree with someones post in the beginning of the thread of the niceness of this forum sometimes,. But I choose not to comment on silly posts and ignore it.

I've learned not to answer some posts as I've been burned by people asking a question, not liking the answer and having a go, then I'm left feeling stupid.

Hi I'm really real too
I read the posts and try to accept it takes all sorts to make the world go round
There are those who seek advice and those who give advice
There are those who seek advice and don't listen to the advice given
There are people who seek comfort and friendship and people who seek attention
But everyone in their own way has lots to give to the forum.
Me I personally am really grateful for all the hints tips successes and failures because they keep me on the right track and show me I'm not the only one going through the ups and downs of the diet / healthy new way of life journey

Well it seems this qestion provoked a reaction, I haven't been around long ~ just over a week. But so far I've treated every question or post as genuine because I'm a genuine person as I said earlier.
Can't say thinking more about the question will alter that or change the way I post.
It's an interesting question but it says more about the poster (not the person who started this thread!:eek:) than the person who answers if they're not genuine.
I like this site I think it's wonderful that it's there wirh support and help for everyone.

there are some odd uns out there who have nothing better to do with there time but go to various forums and cause trouble and give phoney advice. Happens everywhere, fortunatley i have found that our little SW forum has many many more genuine and honest people than "trolls"!! x x

How do these people get caught out?! What an eye opener :-(

In the most memorable one her story started to have a lot of inconsistencies, people arent daft AND have good memories, things just started to not add up....

Not so much a troll as someone with real issues, not weight loss ones, which clearly she needed help with...

I'm on another, non-SW related, forum and there is someone whose life seems to be a never ending drama. It's a constant stream of family disputes, fights, arguments and aggro. it got to the point where I just put her on ignore and don't have to see those messages any more. Fair enough people might want to vent occasionally but when that is all they do it gets wearing very quickly

Circes said:
I'm on another, non-SW related, forum and there is someone whose life seems to be a never ending drama. It's a constant stream of family disputes, fights, arguments and aggro. it got to the point where I just put her on ignore and don't have to see those messages any more. Fair enough people might want to vent occasionally but when that is all they do it gets wearing very quickly

Yeah I can see that's true I guess! A bit of give & take is needed when people regularly use a forum.

Trolls will always be trolls unfortunately, also another unfortunate fact. I work with some of the best trolls out there.

Half the time you're left wondering if they're trolling or just plain stupid.

I've found everyone on here to be genuine and I do treat it was such. It's a shame if this forum was to become a victim of those trolls.

I feel like I am geniune, at times I want attention not in a desperate way but some support. I won't lie and at times I say the wrong thing, interpretate it wrongly, shouldn't speak my mind but this is down to me being autisistic and I don't have boundaries. I am learning not to comment or trying to on political topics or personal stuff because sometimes may come across as rude but I don't mean to it is just my opinion and don't except people to listen it is up to them to make the choice. I am also naive as I beleive everything as I am not good at reading in between lines and I see it as black and white.

Hi, I'm new, joined last week. It never entered my thoughts that there could be people who weren't genuine, why would you do that? I have a busy life, and make time for Minimins because even in the short time I've been here, the support I've had is amazing.

All I can say is that the bumptious individuals that insist on gate-crashing should maybe find another pursuit to entertain them. Hope I don't get struck off Minimins now, feel rather strongly about it, sorry!

I know on another forum there were some people posting fake 'after' pictures so they asked people to post any pictures holding up a sign if their username.

I have always thought that if someone has gone to the hassle of making something up it is something to be pitied more than making me angry.

But then I am a massive sap :)

I know on another forum there were some people posting fake 'after' pictures so they asked people to post any pictures holding up a sign if their username.

I have always thought that if someone has gone to the hassle of making something up it is something to be pitied more than making me angry.

But then I am a massive sap :)

Wow! Thats crazy
A lot thought and work

Sad though eh?

Am I real? Well, I think I am. I haven't given any inaccurate information about myself as far as I know.

Am I genuine? Well, what I say is what I think, if that's what you mean.

But what I think this week might change by next week, so if anyone is looking for inconsistencies they will probably find them.

Attention-seeking? Of course - aren't we all? No-one posts on a forum if they are not seeking some kind of attention.

I don't think the earlier post about being unpleasant meant the poster was unpleasant rather the effect it could have on some one who is insecure or unsure of themselves.

I'm genuine. Honest!

I think I know the posts that started this thread though and I started to wonder too.

I try to be honest with my posts and questions because that's how you get the best advice back.

There are some posters on here that don't get the point of a diet/lifestyle change etc and say things like I don't eat fruit or veg, I want takeaway 7 nights a week, I don't want to join a group, and I only eat crisps and chocolate bars for lunch etc but they say they want to lose weight and so people take the bait and respond with genuine advice and home truths and they don't like it.

It's these ones I am suspicious of as being trolls!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back