Genuine people

lsf666 said:
I'm genuine. Honest!

I think I know the posts that started this thread though and I started to wonder too.

I try to be honest with my posts and questions because that's how you get the best advice back.

There are some posters on here that don't get the point of a diet/lifestyle change etc and say things like I don't eat fruit or veg, I want takeaway 7 nights a week, I don't want to join a group, and I only eat crisps and chocolate bars for lunch etc but they say they want to lose weight and so people take the bait and respond with genuine advice and home truths and they don't like it.

It's these ones I am suspicious of as being trolls!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Got to say I haven't come across these posts, but I generally tend to stick to my subscribed posts & the odd trawl thru the boards.

Kieragh1515 said:
Got to say I haven't come across these posts, but I generally tend to stick to my subscribed posts & the odd trawl thru the boards.

I read these but never reply as it seems pointless! X

Sometimes I genuinely make mistakes for e.g in advice I give or the way I word it, sometimes I genuinely need attention and do have on here for it at times as I think there are people on here going through similar things to me and will understand, sometimes I genuinely think wtf at what I have posted or sometimes others postings.
In some ways its easier to let things out on here and other forums etc but then (unless you go on and edit it) its there for many to read and interpret as they see it!
There's nowt as queer as folk as they say and all sorts of people show their personalities or ones they are possibly pretending is theirs on here as in real life!
I worked with a lady once who told us all her son was in a coma and then he died and we were all very sympathetic and gave cards etc etc and then when she told us it had been a mistake and he was alive alarm bells started ringing and there had been so much she had told us that wasn't true and her son hadn't even been ill! I hope she got the help she needed because obviously she was not well!
I think we have to try and be ourselves, use our instincts on others and again like in life some of us will get on and agree or agree to disagree or not. I love this forum and it has been a huge help to me and I hope it will continue to be :)

JimofTroy said:
I'm real!
Smaller than I used to be, but my start weight and my current weight are 100% true.
And I genuinely exist in Northampton. (Skinny Dawn can prove it!)

Lol! OMG yes! I can vouch for the wonderfully 'not nice' Jim of Troy"! Fun lady, luv her to bits! Xx

wow Id never thought that. I guess im just too trusting that ppl are who they say they are. Its bit me on the ass before though and probably will again. But im not suspicious generally.

Its a shame a small few people spoil it for others, I have read some posts that are asking for advise and then are quite rude when they get a answer they didn't want!! One was the fish pedecure post and the poster was quite rude to someone giving there opinion!! NO NEED!! But i do like to think i am as genuine as they come!! I were my heart on my sleeve maybe too much!!:479:

Interesting question!

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this forum - for weight loss support, it is ideal, and exactly what you need when you are trying to do that. But I am very much a warts and all poster, and I sometimes feel like I want to challenge someones posts and because everyone is so "nice" all the time, I dont feel like I can, so rather than say something, I just say nothing. I feel I have to sanitise my comments sometimes.

At the end of the day, it *IS* a weight loss support forum, and exists for that purpose. If we want to debate and exchange views, that may sometimes become heated, then I suppose we need to find another forum to do that.

As far as attention-seeking posts go, I like to see beyond the post, and try and understand the poster, and sometimes, people who come on and post stuff that seems to be attention seeking, well, I tend to assume that they are probably pretty unhappy on the inside, and maybe quite lonely and feel a bit invisible in their real lives, and so they post "attention seeking" comments to let out that extrovert side of them in what is probably the safest environment to do so. Only that can come across as false and not quite "real", because what we see is a facade of the real person, the persona they want us to see, as opposed to the real person behind the post.

PMSL

Got it in one Minxie (as always)

I must admit to frequenting lots of different forums relating to differet hobbies. This one is a very "positive" one. Sometimes it can be a bit "too nicey, nicey".

However, I try to bite my tongue, because even though sometimes things need to be said, it is awful if your post actually upsets someone.

As a bloke, I think I'm fairly upbeat, easy-going etc. but I genuinely am a people person, and I love to encourage others on here.

But every now and again.....

Lets put it this way. There should be an amnesty day, where you can post what you want without incrimination lol.

Besides, most of the fake people are from the northeast of England that's how you tell and can never trust them!

Steve

Gateshead;)

The genuine ones stick around longer by the way:p

interesting thread :) i know one person on this forum who is so rude and theres absolutely no need for it, i dont understand it :/
but i do appreciate peoples honest opinions, and i think its great when people have the courage to write what they truly beleive (listen to me sounding all philosophical) lol xxx

hehe! its ok its not any of u lovely people :) xxx

Interesting thread! Just hope I'm not one of the people mentioned!!

I've been on this forum sine December and was a lurker in the beginning, and in my short time I have seen what seems like hundreds of people come and go, some fantastic threads/posts and some not so great!!!

agreed...you can't help but read this post and hope that you've done nothing to offend anyone.

my weight is my weight. i'm bigger than some, less than others. but we're all unhappy with the weight that we are at the moment, and there will always be people that look at others and think "what are you moaning for...I'd love to be your size."

the point is, a lot of people come here because they are unhappy with the weight they are and want to do something about it. they may not be able to make group, they might not want to go, they might be scared to go to group or they might not be able to afford it.

someone mentioned we're all attentions seekers. that's absolutely right!!!! we're here because we need attention, support, help. From people that understand.

I feel really cheeky when I post asking about a syn value - there are people out there paying and I'm not (although I used to and I used to help with syn values for people). I still feel awful though, but that's just how this forum works.

However we use it, it should be a safe, virtual, environment where we can let off steam, ask for help and feel a little less alone.

Well all I can think is... why would anyone wanna pretend to be fat lol...

I might just pretend to be skinny for a while... might work till i have to put my fat clothes on lol

and im also now sooooooooooooo soo sooo curious as to what the posts are thats triggered this

I actually didn't think oh is this about me? which is quite strange i help run a different type of forum and i think if this had of come up on there i might of been paranoid but I dont think ive posted anything stupid lol and I know that i dont come across odd (I hope lol)

lizzielipps said:
Its a shame a small few people spoil it for others, I have read some posts that are asking for advise and then are quite rude when they get a answer they didn't want!! One was the fish pedecure post and the poster was quite rude to someone giving there opinion!! NO NEED!! But i do like to think i am as genuine as they come!! I were my heart on my sleeve maybe too much!!:479:

I would just like to defend myself here! I was the 'rude' person on the fish pedicure post-and I'm as genuine as they come! If this person took the time to read the rest of my replies tho that thread they would see I actually apologised for any offence taken-as it wasn't meant-I also explained that the problem with internet forums is that the communication is text based so there is no way to judge emotion etc-which is something that alot of people should bear in mind a little more often! Also to add I even PMd the person who took the hump to apologise directly! But hey ho-you can't seem to do right for doing wrong sometimes!!!

Rant begin!
If people respond to my posts with hopeless info I just ignore them.
For example someone was requesting how to get a product and I advised them, their excuse however was too far to walk or I need 2 buses.....well change your lifestyle.
There are also too many people on here who just "don't get it" ie asking how many takeaways they can have or how much cake they can have. Why bother posting with that attitude.
Rant over!

I'm guilty of posting questions such as ' theres cake near me what do I do?' because I am looking for some support from the experts to make me stop and question whether I actually want it. I don't see it as a pointless post as thats what this forum is for.....

Hey real person here, hoping to be a much smaller one someday :) !!! I have never even considered that people on here may not be genuine, I have found this site so helpful, friendly and feel that people on here understand the day to day struggles and joys of weight loss.

Oh I wanna know what you've seen!!!!

Back