joanna25 said:
Oh I wanna know what you've seen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Me too!

lsf666 said:
Me too!

Haha....the online version of neighbourhood watch.....?

I think some of the posts are odd sometimes, when people say they've eaten an apple a banana, a tbsp of beans and some ham and think they've eaten too much and don't need their syns, I can't help thinking, 'then how did you become overweight if you have that much control?'

But I think that says more about me than them!

I agree....I've seen something similar. And actually it worries me....you've got to eat!!!

I've known people pre me being on SW though too...who have lost nothing, so I was always cynical about SW myself. But they must have been going home from work and stuffing their faces, because at work they looked like they were doing in perfectly. The weeks I don't lose, I generally know exactly why. There the odd freak week when I can't explain it but they are one offs anyway.

Have been watching this thread with some interest. I think there are peole who do come on here just to cause problems. But then i think some peole do have a funny attitude towards weight loss. They want it all without the hard work but i dont think they actually realise thats what their attitude is like. Its not until its written in black and white that you realise how stupid it sounds. I know ive been like that in the past - asking why ive not lost weight when its cos ive not stuck to it!! Doh!!

In the most memorable one her story started to have a lot of inconsistencies, people arent daft AND have good memories, things just started to not add up....

Not so much a troll as someone with real issues, not weight loss ones, which clearly she needed help with...

I think I know who you are refferring to, I was one who fell for it but then felt guilty for questioning her (in my own head). Luckily she got caught out and thrown out of Minimins. It's a shame but it does happen, after all, online if you want you can be anybody and anything you choose....

Me personally, I love minimins. I get more support, ideas and tips from here than I do in class, and have made a few good friends through it. However I do have a chuckle or two at some 'questions' that do seem a bit daft, but each to their own. I don't think I have ever got 'nasty' though. Oh actually maybe once when i first joined but learnt my lesson though as had about 40 people have a go at me! Long may Minimins continue! xx

Hello!

Am new to this website. Am doing SW too and at last weigh in I was 1.5lbs off 3st loss. I've been down in Devon for a week and tempted by pasties, cake etc! Managed to get away with having only a small pasty & a few other naughty things! Have till Thursday night to do some good before next weigh in!
How do I put awards on the page?

Another forum I used to read had a serious troll problem. Everything from trying to offend with racist posts and picking fights to faking miscarriages, rapes, or death. Many of the posters are very cynical and don't trust anyone. Not a pleasant place.

I'd rather minimins continue to be 'too nice' than go that route.

I started this post because something i read from a relatively new person just seemed odd. Maybe it's just my paranoia, i dont know. I used to belong to another forum whilst i was pregnant with number 3 and it was like this one a great one to belong to, but there was a girl that posted things and it turned out she had been stealing things off one forum and posting it on this one, including a picture of someone elses nursery.
As i say maybe i'm wrong but then again, maybe i'm right.

hi everyone.... genuine person here :)
it's been interesting to read the replies to this one. I think everyone is really really nice here and i have never had any negative replies, and if i did... well the truth hurts sometimes but i think we all need to hear it to have a kick up the bum.
what do you mean by genuine? as in they cant always be so nice, or they are not really fat, or they lie about other things?

I started this post because something i read from a relatively new person just seemed odd. Maybe it's just my paranoia, i dont know. I used to belong to another forum whilst i was pregnant with number 3 and it was like this one a great one to belong to, but there was a girl that posted things and it turned out she had been stealing things off one forum and posting it on this one, including a picture of someone elses nursery.
As i say maybe i'm wrong but then again, maybe i'm right.

You know we're all wondering now lol!

lsf666 said:
I'm genuine. Honest!

I think I know the posts that started this thread though and I started to wonder too.

I try to be honest with my posts and questions because that's how you get the best advice back.

There are some posters on here that don't get the point of a diet/lifestyle change etc and say things like I don't eat fruit or veg, I want takeaway 7 nights a week, I don't want to join a group, and I only eat crisps and chocolate bars for lunch etc but they say they want to lose weight and so people take the bait and respond with genuine advice and home truths and they don't like it.

It's these ones I am suspicious of as being trolls!!!

Im real but i dnt like veg he he just lettuce cucumber n sweetcorn!

A very interesting post, although i now have images of a small man with big beard, warts on his face and a funny hat laughing whilst posting away!!! It would never have dawned on me that people would have makey up pictures, stories etc. This surely begs the question should we actually feel sorry for some of these people as they are clearly troubled if they have to live in a little fantasy world.
Now am thinking oh dear wonder if folk thought i was talking rubbish as only in week 5 but in week 2 the day before weigh in i stupidly drank a whole bottle of wine taking me way over my syns but lost 3.5 pounds. But to put it in perspective I would usually have one and half to two bottles around twice a week and half the spar along the roads chocolate so prob losing weight with the odd slip up as way less consumed than previously!
Sorry, blethering rubbish stint over!

tink2011 said:
Im real but i dnt like veg he he just lettuce cucumber n sweetcorn!

That's ok then! Lol :) I hate cucumber btw

MMM maybe i fell for some lines on hear once!! The tails she told were a little bit out there and everything was one problem after another after another!! oh well you live and learn!! :confused::confused:

HAHA! I think i see who people mean atm

like someone who posted one breakfast and then posted it all over again... but adding a tiny things which surely you would of remebered first time rather then second one

There will always be trolls on forums. Just don't feed the trolls lol!

This site is one of my little survival tools, when I'm struggling for ideas this is where I head.

5 months into this diet for me, which is nothing short of a miracle. Trolls or no trolls my journey on here continues.xx

Can I just say if you do think someone is a troll, is at it or anything else please dont hesitate to PM me or any other Mod to look into it. I cant speak for any other mods but if I get a PM I get an email alert immediately on my BB so its a good quick contact point if necessary.

Your call can be in confidence and you may be eligible for a community award - oh no hang on thats Crimestoppers isnt it?? Och well :whistle:

Seriously though, if you have any concerns or even if someone is absolutely doing your head in with repetitive posts, let us know :)

Ok ok I confess, Im not hurtling head first into my 50's with over 4st in weight to lose, I'm really only 25 a size 10 with boobies that point forward and not a tache hair in sight.

Seriously tho having been "online" for over 12 yrs and been a moderator for forums/sites since 2001 I don't think theres much I've not seen/heard from fake pregnancies/miscarriages to fake illnesses including cancer, and even fake deaths, as with every part of life there are the good, the bad and the downright weird.

Back