Giant Jaffa Cake :D

This is possibly the greatest thing ive ever seen, I'd be making it right now but i dont trust myself not to eat the whole thing during a day, but def make it next taster or when i have guests.
Truly amazing !!!!!!!

i have recently bought all the ingredients and mine will come to 42 syns for the whole thing

Ive got a 200g sponge flan base from Waitrose = 32 syns
35g of Green and Blacks Organic dark chocolate = 8.5 syns
1 packs of orange sugar free jelly = 1.5 syns

Total 42! so if i split this into 12 its 3.5 syns a slice!!!

Just got to make sure I split it correctly!!!

x

This is possibly the greatest thing ive ever seen, I'd be making it right now but i dont trust myself not to eat the whole thing during a day, but def make it next taster or when i have guests.
Truly amazing !!!!!!!

Snap im not making it till there are 11 other people round to eat the other 11 slices ! hee hee x

I tried making that today but HOW DO YOU GET THE CHOC TO SPREAD SO NICELY OVER JELLY??????? Mine smeared straight on and off again....now it looks manky - will no doubt taste great but doesn't look anything like yours!!! :( HELP!!!!

I hav been shopping and am so making this today. Got the 6 mini flan cases and am going to drizzle my choccie over them :)
Cant wait:p

I got my ingredients! So Excited. I've worked it out will be about 4 syns per slice. I just hope i can get 35g of chocie to cover the jelly!

I'm afraid I used a whole bar of choc, but it still didn't spread to the edges. It looked very weird but did taste nice! Now trying to resist the rest that's left in the fridge .......

I was drawn to this thread by the title alone, as they are three words guaranteed to catch most peoples attention. Then I saw the pictures, looks fantastic.

im making one now, to take to my taster night this evening,

can someone who has managed to cover it with choc say how they did it?
i really want it to look great for tonight :D

o_O this sounds amazing! Shall have a look for some flan cases tomorrow, liking the idea of the small ones.. making a big one would be too dangerous for me and my sweet tooth!

omg this looks lush, I'll definitely be going shopping for the ingredients after this weeks WI.

Has anyone managed to work out how to spread the chocolate over the Jelly without it looking funny yet? I'm about to order the ingredients to give this a go

Hiya
Not sure if this would work with chocolate - when I make a trifle, to get the cream nicely spread out I lay out cling film and spread my cream onto that into a largeish circle. I then carefully put my hand under the cling film and quickly flip it over onto the trifle and then if it's not the exact size put wee dollops around the edges and spread it all out to meet the edges.

It might work too with the chocolate, maybe leave it for a few mins until it's slightly hardened as it would probably stick to the cling film. Or leave it to harden completely and just transfer once it's cooled?

Pam

Mine didnt go funny on top but i used more chocolate.
Just make sure the jelly is properly set and concentrated and them melt the chocolate but let it cools slightly so its not too hot, just warmish and then it shouldnt melt the set jelly.

This looks soooooo yummy! :drool:

I have been looking for yummy deserts that both me and my hubby would like and he would love this!!

Thanks!:p

OMG's that looks lush!

Q

I've just been commanded to make this by the bf :p I think he wants ;)

I made this yesterday and it worked!! For the topping I used 50g chocolate and drizzled 1 teaspoon of oil into it, this made it more pliable for spreading. I then put it back into the fridge to set which it did. I only made a small one and it was 30 syns for the whole cake. This will easily cut into 8 making it 4 syns a slice. :)

Hi,

Just tried making this! I left the jelly to set in a dish in the fridge since about 7 and i took it out (possibly a little too early, but i figured it might set in the shape of the dish :/) anyway I added it to the flan base...fine...but when i melted the chocolate (which didnt seem v much) i have no clue how you managed to spread it lol. any tips? i had to just drizzle it as i couldnt spread it lol. im sure it will still be veryyy tasty haha did you only use 35g?
xxx

Back