Giant Jaffa Cake :D

I got one from Tescos - it's made by Edlers and the syns calculater say its 13 syns for the one I bought (it's slightly bigger than a tea plate - I can't see a weight but it says that ome quarter serving is approx 20g). They did different sizes, but I don't think I could trust myself with a large one!!

Edit - just spotted it says it's a medium

Wee Doll said:
I made this a while ago and i was just checking up all the syn value of it and its not to bad for the whole cake its only 51 syns and it can be divided into as many parts as you want :D

35grams of plain chocolate i used bournville
2 sachets of sugar free orange jelly crystals
1 flan base from asda

make the jelly up and let it set in the fridge for a few hours

when its ready place it on top of the flan base

melt the chocolate and spread over the top and leave it to set for 30 mins

then divide and tuck in :D yummmmm

I got 12 portions out of mine so thats 4.25
syns per slice :D

Mmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just made the jelly for this (although I'm using strawberry jelly as the oh doesn't like orange jelly). I've got a medium sized base though, so no idea how many syns are in it. I'm just going to go by 4.5 syns per quarter (it's really small!)

Thank you so much for posting this! I made this today, using mini flan cases which are 4 syns each. May have used a bit too much chocolate though.. (4 squares of chocolate for one jaffa cake.. oops!).

When I tried to put the jelly on the top of the flan case it went into bits so trying to put the chocolate on top was a bit difficult as it was bumpy!

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the jelly smooth on the flan case?

this looks lovely but dont think i would be able to control my self :/ do asda do smaller bases?

I was looking at this website over the weekend and the pics of this made my mouth water- as a consequence I am now a member!!

I made this on Sunday. Had to use double to amount of chocolate (70g) as 35g did not cover the large flan. Am amazed I cut myself one piece and the rest is still in the fridge! It is scrummy- I defo recommend you make it if you can trust yourself not to gobble the whole thing :) Maybe make little ones if the temptation is too much

definitely going to try this one :D My sister loves Jaffa Cakes I have to make this for her :D Thanks for the recipie and pic :) x

Made it tonight! Used smaller flan but oh my it was yum! Might try other flavours too haha!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-1598559884.jpg
    image-1598559884.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 578
I just made this on weds and it tasted fine, however my jelly was too thick for my liking :) It got a thumbs up from everyone else in the house though :D Gonna make it again and use less jelly :) thanks for the recipe :) x

I'm so excited - this is amazing. When I read the title I thought it would be one of those recipes LIKE a jaffa cake but also nowhere near. Like and orange covered in chocolate lol... but after seeing the pictures this is ACTUALLY a GIANT JAFFA CAKE!!!!

My birthday is in October, decided to have a quiet gathering filled with family & friends, xbox kinect and nibbles but I've still got to be strict on my diet to make sure I reach my target for November. This is definitely worth the syns!! And will amaze everyone at my party!!!

Quick question kind of related. What chocolate has the lowest syns? Bournville I notice has 11syns per 45g. Are there any chocolates that could be used for a topping for this cake, that may lower the syns??

Danni :)

I'm so excited - this is amazing. When I read the title I thought it would be one of those recipes LIKE a jaffa cake but also nowhere near. Like and orange covered in chocolate lol... but after seeing the pictures this is ACTUALLY a GIANT JAFFA CAKE!!!!

My birthday is in October, decided to have a quiet gathering filled with family & friends, xbox kinect and nibbles but I've still got to be strict on my diet to make sure I reach my target for November. This is definitely worth the syns!! And will amaze everyone at my party!!!

Quick question kind of related. What chocolate has the lowest syns? Bournville I notice has 11syns per 45g. Are there any chocolates that could be used for a topping for this cake, that may lower the syns??

Danni :)

Back