How do you make your shakes/soups

Was this helpfull?

• Total voters
I just read the recommended intake part on that link and it says to take 30 mins before or at least one hour after food so not sure you should be making porridge with it.

Leese

Before I ordered them I searched psyllium husks on this site and numerous threads recommend that site and the porridge. The site also says you can mix them with juice, so maybe they're okay to take as a porridge when you're not digesting normal food? I guess it's up to the individual.

Yea, it's probably ok. Sorry, i just re-read my post, I didn't mean it to sound as authoritative as it might have come across. I have no clue I was just sharing what I read. :)

I love mixing my shakes quite thick in a breakfast bowl with cold water and giving it a minute in the microwave, it comes out sort of puddingy..Yummy. Just one a day though.

Leese

I tried that once and it was awful lol

Haha, we're all so different. My fav is banana made that way, the chocolate could do with a sweetener.

To make a coffee I shake up vanilla with about half the water than usual and then add a mug of strong black coffee with a sweetener and shake that up too. Delish.

With my coffee i literally make it the same but add two spoonfuls of coffee. I might try adding a whole cup with sweetner it sounds yummy!! :D!!-

Going to try all these ideas, so far I'm getting on so well with the soups :(

Those husks sound good..is the limit to the amount of husks you can eat? for example, could I use half a banana pack with husk for breakfast, still have another 2 full packs and half the remaining half banana pack with husks as a snack, if need to? So 3 packs in total but make it into 4 meals?

Also, with regards to spices and herbs, how can you tell which ones are safe to use?

I'm not sure about the limit, but I usually halve all of my packs which makes 6 meals with 200 ml water otherwise I find them too thick - I have the husks in 1-2 of the 6 halves

Well the tub says 10 grams a day so you could either have that in one half or two. Also says take for 10-20 days then have a 5 day break.

Last edited:
Suggestions to improve tom &basil soup please

Anyone got any recommendations to improve the taste, palitablity of this, was nearly gaging and struggling to get it down?

chocolate shake

I know this is very rare amongst women but i don't like chocolate! Got a bumper pack for value knowing there would be chocolate in there but any suggestions to how to eat it, make it palatible or preferably disguise the flavour? Also i don't like coffee either, so no good suggesting adding that to it, yes i know i'm awkward and finicky.
Help please, all suggestions greatfully received.

What about peppermint tea?

I had this soup earlier, I added italian seasoning, then tested it, then added chilli powder, still not so good :( I did make it quite thick so I had less spoonfulls of it..didn't finish it, I've had 3 of the soups now, be glad when they're gone, I'll be sticking to shakes :)

Thanks, found the sticky (new to this).
I'll try adding some herbs to see if it improves the taste.

Back