how the hell do you get under 15 stone?

angie-bum

Gold Member
I have hovered at the same weight for over a week. I think that it is because I know getting under 15 stone is a momentous thing for me. I wanted to sail through the 14 somethings as I know getting under 14 something is a very big psychological hurdle. But I seem to be wavering about the 15.7! one day 15.3 then back up to 15.7....not changing my ticker as it changes daily!

The only thing I think to do is be strict with SS and see if I can break the back of this

Not happy

Yup, I had a mental block at 12.5 stone, I hovered for ages, even though I mwas strict and never wavered it still took me ages to crash through that one, but stick with it, its worth it

I've been in the exact same position as you in the past and am actually in the same position now. I find once i hit 14.9 the weight seems to come off easy but its getting there. I'm being REALLY strict with myself because I'm sick of gaining and losing the same few lbs it just gets so demotivating.

Come on you can do it...I'm determined I'm getting into the 14s this week (so have to lose 4lbs!)
XXXX

Stick with it, it will happen for you. You are doing so so well

xxx

thankyou everyone!

I think i have be yoyo-ing down to this weight or slightly lower for 8 years I get so far and then i break the diet when my weight hits a plateau. It sounds weird but it is like my body is holding the weight some how. When I was losing I got the distinct feel on a sluice gate being open. But almost as soon as I registered I had lost a lot last week I felt the sluice gate shut, like my body is saying 'okay, you've proved a point and lost some weight, now lets not be silly, jump off the diet now, it's obviously not for you'

but no! no and no again. I will not jump off the CD train, it will get me to where I want to go quicker than jumping off now.

So yup, strict sole sourcing until I can break the back of this poundage hump!

Good Luck. You know what you need to do and just think how great you will feel when you crash into the 14 somethings.

many thanks guys! I did break the back of 15 stone eventually! I have even managed to break the back of 14.7! havent been 14 stone for 9 years so will be very very happy when I can do that

Well done. You are doing so well. You can get to 12 stone by Christmas I am sure.

Goodluck!

Well done for breaking that 15 stone barrier. Not long before ur break pass 14 stones. Congrats

oh to be under 14 stone, it's hard to believe it is in reach

i'm right there with you on that thought angie. 6lbs to go on cdc's scales. 2.5 on mine :D so one mini target and then the other. if i'm in the 13s on my scales by weigh in on monday i'm going to be sooooooooooo chuffed :)

Psychological weight barriers? Do they exist

I am really interested in this - mind imposed weight barriers.

I have just reached 9stone 13 and this is the lightest I have been - following W8 regular plan....however, for 9 weeks, I have been good as gold - and as soon as I reached that magical number - I have been starting to crave other foods, nibble a little etc etc.

I really do want to lose a bit more - although already in sizes 10/12 so happy with my size change

Do you think that we can unconsciously sabotage our efforts when we think we have reached our "natural" weight? and how do we break through it.

LRO xx

How great to read this thread and see you have kicked that 15 stone barrier into touch!! :)

I have had so many 'barriers' in the past.. I have a 'top' barrier now of 15 stone.. sadly i'm over it by 4lb at the moment so that's why i'm back here and back to CD!
Works as a way of changing the barriers though! :p

Hi Less Rotund One thought you might find this intresting regarding your thoughts on natural weight. There was a show on BBC 2 about why some underweight people find it almost impossible to gain weight it was an experiment they did but as part of it they also looked at why some people in the obese range of weight found it almost impossible to lose weight despite changing their diets and exercising more. One of the scientists on the show said that certain peoples bodies are programmed to be a certain weight regardless of whether it is a healthy weight or not it's to do with the genetic makeup. So underweight people who wanted to gain a healthy weight would have to constantly over feed to the point of making themselves feel ill to gain and maintain a healthy weight for their height and as soon as they stopped this their bodies would shed the weight until it was back to what it considered normal. Likewise for certain people who are obese the scientist said they would have to live with an almost constant feeling of hunger in order to stay at a healthy weight. As their body would always want to return to what it considered normal here is a quote I found from the doctor in an article regarding the subject I have also put a link to the article for those interested:

"Dr Leibel says. If someone loses a lot of weight, they often have persistent hunger, even if they are eating enough to sustain themselves.
"Think of it like a thermostat and that each person has a set point," says Dr Leibel. "When it is reduced below that point the body begins to do things that will force it to recover its lost body weight."
BBC NEWS | Magazine | Why do some people never seem to get fat?

Lots of Love Emmie xxx

mmmm, I do have a mental barrier....not self imposed, just memories of what I was doing and my mental state at different weights. I have been 13 stone wanting to be 11 stone something several times. I managed to be 11 stone for 2 years in total, my long term weight was always 12stone. I am only hoping to get down to 11 stone so I have a few pounds to play with. I have a bit on a mental barrier as I have with all the stones I have lost. Need to step away from the cliff face of one stone and be firmly in the lower stone. I really want to concentrate and get the next stone off

you will do it angie!!

i have just read that article and found it very interesting. when i was a size 12-14 i was 11st 2lbs. which is heavy for some, but light for me. with a great amount of struggle i managed to get just below 11st but within a couple of weeks i was 11st 2. and if i overate for a week, i was still 11 st 2... i remained at 11st 2 until i went to uni and discovered living with boys who live on pizza isn't condusive to a small waistline. of course they are all still skinny... i just shouldn't have eaten what they did. but 11st 2 did seem to be my natural weight for quite some time. so that's what i'm ultimately aiming for.

abz xx

Hi Abz glad you found the article interesting I to remember when I first started college I was a size 12 and I think in the low 10st range and I stayed that way for ages regardless of if I ate carefully or just plain pigged out My weight soared when my mom passed away in my second year of uni I had to wait six months before I could return to a uni near home I was depressed had no Job and was so bored that I just ate and ate the day away in front of the tv. I'm determined to get to as close to 9st as possible but If my body Is happy at 10st I'll let it stay there as I would rather be at a weight that I find enjoyable to mantain rather then a weight where I eat a chip and gain a 1lb. I sometimes worry though that 10st would be to heavy Im only 5'1 but I do have a large frame my doctor once described it as the perfect body for carrying babies and according to my aunt all the women on my dads side of the gene pool are the same short massive hips and big boobs. Oh well I've accepted my hips will always big but look forward to losing the love handles. xxx

Back