I really dont know what to do

Thank you everyone

again I have woken at silly oclock with a headache
I am going to very carefully keep a check on my eating and look for patterns BUT I think it ould be an eye sight thing

my prescription has changed - today because I was having my eyes tested I wore glasses ALL day = couldnt be phaffed with putting in lenses

I will keep a check on this and see if I wear lenses (checked and changed more regularly) if I dont get the headaches - roll on new specs if that is the cause of them

Rachael glad I am not the only one up at silly hours

Time to think

Being up at silly oclock gives me time to think
tonights big question was
why am I overweight

ok this is not to find excuses to but see what I can do to aid my weight loss
if I understand why I am over weight I might be able to do something about it

I eat more than my body needs - sounds simple doesnt it BUT WHY

my thoughts so far on this matter are

• I am obviously not happy with me so I eat to hide - that is a self esteem issue and CAN be worked on

• I am on medication (antidepressants) which do slow the metabolism and do make me feel hungry - option to come off them or change them - I have tried that but other ad's did not work well for me and coming off at this time would make things worse - so I have to work with what I have - recognise the fact that they make me want to eat and analyse it and try something else - not easy but doable - exercise is supposed to help - so when my knees allow I WILL do more exercise

• I am a boredom eater - this one once recognised should be easier to deal with - I could drink some water I could find something to do I could have far more healthy things around me - apples carrots etc
So just from this list I need to do a few things and mostly that is working on ME - funny how us women give much time to others in the family and have many roles - we rarely focus on ourselves - well the month of June will be my month -

I WILL work on my self esteem
I WILL work on finding things other than food to comfort me
I WILL work on finding things other than food when I am bored
I WILL be aware that certain medications can and do hinder progress - not much to do here but I WONT be using it as an excuse
I WILL try to exercise as much as I can - I am going for an average of 1.5 activity points a day for the first week of June - to be reviewed weekly

so please share why you are now in the situation you are in and what if anything you have tried and what you might try if you decided to join me in making June OUR month

Twigs I need an astigmatism corrected and varifocals and I can wear lenese and wouldnt be without them

new frames definitely lighter :)

I have astigmatism too ... but the problems are 1. I had micro surgery years back which changed the shapes of my eyes slightly ... plus I used to wear contacts when I was younger which were too thick for my eyes - so veins grew to try and get more oxygen (sorry if TMI!!) Everytime I go to a new optician they're fascinated and either take pixs for a class they attend or call other opticians in to have a look ... freak much!!

The only reason I'm here is that I love food ... I don't eat when I'm unhappy ... I tend to eat more when I am happy. I love the whole experience of going out for a meal and having a drink.

I love all the naughty things ... chocolate, pizza, chinese etc and don't (or should I say didn't!) do any exercise.

So I honestly don't think it's anything psychological with me ... I'm not trying to hide, or cheer myself up. I just eat because I'm hungry ... and after years of doing that I'm hungrier a lot more than the skinny people who can stop at just one biscuit lol

Doesn't mean it doesn't affect my self esteem though ... I hate myself and can be quite introverted sometimes, especially if I'm the only 'big' person around. But hey ... things are on the change :)

Back to work for me!

Twigs
xx

Evening Hazel... yeah my spirits have definitely brighten yup woo hoo!!:D

I know this is a cliche but Im going to say it anyway... the hardest thing to do with a problem is to first identify that there are problems and you identifying the areas that are affecting you, your self esteem and health is the first step in the right direction. Now that you know what the problems are, you can figure out what will work best and what doesnt and I think once you allow yourself to understand that this will take time (but will be well worth it) you will be able to get a handle on it.

Hazel.. JUNE is DEFINITELY GOING TO BE YOUR MONTH!!!

Hope there is no headache today. I'm sure the 12s are only days away, goodluck

M

Well girls thank you so much for your visits

I can hardly believe I stepped on the scales this morning and I am 1/4 UNDER the 13's so for the first time in (cant remember how long) I saw a 12 - it really was like magic - I honestly thought it would be NEXT Saturday it happened - not today over a week early

now I just need to see it at class as well then I will know I really am getting there
Picked E and the boys up this morning and took the hounds out for a walk - they boys are smaller than the dogs - all were well behaved but all were tired on the way back - both boys and dogs slept
DH has taken loads of photos so he needs to sort them - hopefully none of me but if there are I will start an album :)

right need to catch up with diaries and get some lunch :)

no headache again - thank goodness - and I slept all though the night too which again is great :)

Woohooo it's great seeing that next stone isn't it?? I've got 9lb until my next - so will be a few weeks yet :)

Glad you're feeling fit !! :)

Twigs
xx

Well Twiglet I KNOW these are different scales BUT it is the first time I have seen the 12 on these or any scales in such a long time - I KNOW the scales are only an indication - BUT it is great you ARE right
now 12 13 = 181 so it would be really good if I can see below the 180 and soon - will most like take another week - BUT it does show I must be doing something right :) and at some point in the future I WILL hit my target - well I have the potential to hit my target the only thing stopping is bad choices I might make on the way

and for you the 260 isnt that far away is it :) so that can be your next next mini target - then of course we both want to see that 10% as well

this is so much easier than thinking I need to see 9 something on those scales - that is just TOO far way

Yep small goals all the way ... mine are just weekly - to lose 1.5 per week :)

We can do this ... hell we ARE doing this !! :):):)

I am so ill

I really cant believe how ill I am
yesterday (Thursday) I was fine until an hour after dinner - then I suddenly have a really sharp pain in my tonsil (right side) and within an hour a throat so sore you could use it as sand paper

I went to bed early with some throat lozenges and slept through but got up really sweaty - I did go out on a planned walk with E the boys and the dogs today and although ill I did enjoy it

but since I have been back I have been so ill I have spent much of the day on the sofa or in bed - I managed to eat my meals (just) I had all soft food

I have been to bed but just couldnt sleep due to the pain in my throat and my muscles all aching

should I point throat lozenges and lemsips etc or just take them because I need them

oh for some sleeping tablets :)

Hiya,sorry you are feeling poorly.
No i dont point medicine,hope you are feeling much better soon x

Hey Hazel,
Hope your feeling better today.
Congrats on seeing that 12, Your doing amazingly.
Have a good weekend hun, lots of rest xxx

H i'm sorry to hear you are feeling so rough-sounds like tonsilitus to me, you may need antibiotics if things dont improve.

Hope you are feeling much better soon

Thanks everyone its really great to know I dont have to point these things - I dont like them anyway so to have to point them would be criminal

I have been awake since 6 - got up had a shower dressed and been lying on the bed reading- just popped down to make some scrambled eggs for a late breakfast early lunch

think I will go back to bed again at least I can get comfy there

will try to catch up with everyones diaries later today
but if I dont sorry and I hope you all have a great day

Get better soon H, best stay tucked up in bed if you can get comfy there.

See you soon

M

Well I am hoping its ok to put this link on
it goes to an online photo album
it has pictures from my dog walk with E and the boys
there are some photos of me and of course my wonderful dogs
and just one or two of E and the boys

just thought you nosey lot might want to have a look see what I look like

Last edited:
Fantastic pics, hope your feeling ok xx

Thank you

I think its quite obvious which one is me and which is E who at this time doesnt need WW :):)

To be honest I am not much better - well dosed up so that is helping - will be off to bed with last lot of meds shortly - then maybe I will be well by the morning :)

Burden or opportunity

ok been up for hours as I just cant sleep
and again been doing some thinking

for the past couple of months I have to admit to 'playing' with WW
some days I really do think of it as a burden, oppressive and worrisome - all that weighing pointing tracking etc - just starts to become a little much

but I need to turn this thinking around doing WW is MY choice I can either do it - or play with it - I choose to do it, to embrace the opportunity - the chance WW offers me to advance and progress in my journey

every time I think of deviating from the plan I have to realise that I can build in so much flexibility by BECOMING a weight watcher and not just blindly follow the plan
and by doing that it will allow me to take control and undergo the changes I seek

ok enough of the deep and meaningfuls
I really think I need to get to bed and get some sleep
but with this sore throat it doesnt seem to be happening

Back