I really dont know what to do

Hi

I'm a scale hopper too - so any insight into why we put ourselves through it would be great :) For me I think it's because when I've been good and the scales have gone down it gives me such a buzz for the rest of the day ... but unfortunatly the opposite is the same :(

But (if anyone who posted on my post yesterday is reading this) I've stopped now honest :angel09:

Have a fab day
Twigs
xx

After serious consideration

these are the reasons I use to justify my bad habit - well the scale hopping one anyway

I step on the scales EVERY morning when I do it DOES help keep me on track - IF I have lost a little I feel great - if I havent or put on, it does not worry me - I dont see this as a negative I KNOW body weight fluctuates - how ever it gives me a feeling of control and knowing that what I am doing works

I have also seen trends and patterns develop - I know for instance when it is going to be my TOTM even if they are going through an erratic stage - I do retain fluid - anything up to 4lb

I have also noticed that when I eat bread I get bloated and this doesnt happen when I eat pasta - so I have put this down to the yeast content

When I eat rice more than twice a week I just dont lose - I dont know what it is but I dont like rice - I thought it might be good for me so ate it - obviously it is one of the things that doesnt really agree with me - however the occaisional packet of snack a jacks seems to do no damage - so what is happening here

I have come to the conclusion that it is a bit obsessive BUT something at this time I NEED to do - its for the control

dont know if anyone else has given this any thought during the day - if so I would love to know your conclusions

at some point I will attempt to stop but need my head to be in the right place - just like I did before I started weight watchers :)

Hi

Makes total sense to me ... I just have to learn to not be disappointed when I don't see what I want !

Hope you had a good day!

Twigs
xx

Hi and welcome and a belated happy birthday.

I love knitting - you have given me the spur to get out the jacket I started last winter....and get it finished.

On the scales front. My name's Rosie and I'm a daily weigher!

I weigh each day to keep myself on track - pretty much the same as you have been saying. I also know that my weight can fluctuate up to 6lbs during a week - so don't get down if I have a spike.

If it goes up (and I was expecting it too!) then it pulls me back in line.

I seem to be pretty good at maintaining my weight using this - but not shifting it....I put on 4lbs on holiday about 3 weeks ago and have only got rid of 1lb of it.

I know my own tolerance limit though and will pull myself firmly in line if I go over it.

I think as long as we are using it to motivate ourselves (not beat ourselves up or have an excuse for a blow out) then its ok.

(Sandy will beat me up now - she gets very cross with scale hoppers!;))

I love knitting - you have given me the spur to get out the jacket I started last winter....and get it finished.

On the scales front. My name's Rosie and I'm a daily weigher!

(Sandy will beat me up now - she gets very cross with scale hoppers!;))

Thanks for posting Rosie
let me know how the jacket goes

and I suppose Sandy will be over here telling me off too :sigh: - I just wished someone warned me before I posted ;)

Yep - I got my but kicked this week for admitting to Scale Hopping

Maybe we need a Scale Hoppers anonymous thread :D

Yep - I got my but kicked this week for admitting to Scale Hopping

Maybe we need a Scale Hoppers anonymous thread :D

I dont think I have been here long enough to be brave enough to get my butt kicked - so I dare - no double dare YOU to start it :p
Oh and if Sandy asks I have just left the building :)

I hold my hands up too. I am a serial weigher . at least twice a day-sometimes 3. i know i shouldnt bu i think in a strange way it does help, although if i'm in the wrong mindset it can be a negative thing

Another SH in the building :D ... I must admit I do it daily, sometimes more than once a day...But I have to agree, It does seem to keep me on track, or help me back on the wagon should I faulter...Not that I do:eek::eek::break_diet::eatdrink051:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post in my thread :) xxx

I can beat the lot of ya!!
I weigh myself at least 10 times a day!!!
Every time i go to the bathroom out come the scales and i hop on + off...:p

It keeps me on track TBH...
Just cant help it,im an addict too..x :eek:

I really hope Sandy doesnt find this thread - if she does you will all be blaming me for the telling off we are likely to get >;)

Thought for the day

now for my more serious post

today I weighed and was up 0.2 when analysing what had happened the previous day and various other factors - I realised that

• I had not been to the toilet in a couple of days (sorry girls)
  • I had eaten commercially prepared processed foods (veggie burger and wedges) so had a salty meal AND two packets for crisps for my snacks
  • I am due on next Monday
  • and I over ate by 1.5 points yesterday (but did earn that in activity points
so the effect this has had on me mentally - none I know I am on track - the trend is downward - this is a blip - and there are various factors that could affect the weight

what will I do about it - track everything today - NOT eat any comercially prepared foods and DRINK MORE - I never drink enough

right off to work shortly will try to keep busy as the busier I am the less I want to snack

I do have apples with me - I dont like apples so if I think I am hungry and a drink doesnt help I eat an apple - I have to be STARVING to eat one of those things :)

hope everyone has a really good day and those with weigh ins do really well :) have a great day every one

Today I have tracked everything and had another 100% day = so that is three days in a row this week - and all of last week - so 8 days back on track - really happy with myself and still feeling really motivated :)

Hello,
Congrats on being 100% again. 8 days is fantastic, you should feel really happy with yourself.
I'm also a scale hopper and it does my head in lol... But still do it, he he :OP
Hope you have another great day tomorrow xx

Thanks Hayley
I am glad I posted about the scales - there are so many of us that just cant stay off them (for our own reasons) it really is like an addiction - I gave up smoking over three years ago - just went away and stopped even though others were smoking around me - no preparation - I just got there and decided - so why cant I give up the scales :) - perhaps I need to want too

well today I need to be careful - I woke up in a deep dark hole - I do suffer from depression very badly and am medicated - a month ago my medication was put up and I was coping well - but this morning - well I am unsure why - or even if I can do anything about it at the moment

hopefully I will be able to pop on and read diaries - but if I dont post please forgive me

H xx

AHA! *runs to find sandy*
(surprised you lot havent been busted yet)

Hi gals!
Just wanted to say hello to Aaleigha! sorry its late!
hope your having a good week! i really like your posts and your thought for thr week! i often wonder stuff like that aswell! i think rice isnt for me.. i can cope with noddles but not pasta and ww bread is easier to eat than regular bread!

anyhooz im off to look for sandy and direct her to this thread!! *snitch*

Please Please dont tell Sandy on us - I would hate to get the others into trouble
-BUT a huge thanks for you fun post its really cheered me today - I am finding things very difficult
and its great to know you like my posts

Today is really difficult - I want chocolate I want crisps and in fact anything
depressions is a horrible illness - those that suffer will understand and those that dont I really hope you never do - what I really want to do is go to bed with the dogs and just hide - but I am at work putting on false smiles - why is it that I find food a comfort and why is today so hard to cope with - I cant wait to get home and cuddle a dog or three :)

Aaleigha,

hey hun.. im sorry that your feeling so down.. ur right i can not relate as ive never faced depression myself personally before so i just want to give u a *hug* and hope u feel better soon. You have your dogs to look after and love and that should atleast bring a smile to ur face!

If you believe in God, you may like this.. if not.. u still may like the read!

Sometimes god breaks our spirits to save our souls.
Sometimes, he breaks our hearts to make us whole.
Sometimes, God allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, he sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, God allows us illness so we can take better care of ourselves.
Sometimes, god takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything he gave us... be greatful for what you have today.

s xx

Back