I really dont know what to do

Hello Aaleigha

I havn't read all of ur diary but just caught the last couple of posts and uv really got to me.....
I suffer from depression too and what u said about going to bed and hiding is me!!
I guess im kind of gob smacked that im not alone, but at the same time i wanted to tell u i no how u feel! x
i really hope your day has got better, if not tomorrow is a new one xxx

Hi 'H'

Sorry to hear you're feeling down ... feel free to vent on this forum!!

Maybe the 'down' is partly the withdrawal from the bad but good foods .... the first week or so we're on a high and then when we get into the routine we start to miss the food.

But anyway - HUGE congrats on the 100% days !!

Twigs
xxx

Emma Twiggs and Sxx
thank you so much

Loved the poem and Emma I am so sorry you suffer too - it can be so hard cant it
Twiggs as usual you are here for me

Well when I got home from work I had three very waggy tails greeting me - that always makes me feel better

Think I will go for an early bath and bed tonight - tomorrow IS a new day and I am off work so can take my time and hopefully do something I know helps my mood

tough going

Hi, just looking over your last few posts and I would like to say that I am feeling for you.

My brother has had a lot of depression over the years and unknown to me at the time, he didn't leave his house for 3 months and had no interaction with any one. I appreciate how tough it is and continuing with the positive forward movement and changes in your life is a good way to focus your mind and will help you to cement good thoughts and positive feelings for your future.

I will be surprised if that makes any sense but I know what I mean. lol

Be strong and good luck.

Hey,
Sorry your feeling so down at the moment. Hope today is a little brighter for you. Congrats on sticking with WW. Dogs are great for lifting spirits, I couldn't be without mine.
Hope you have a good day xx

Hi, just looking over your last few posts and I would like to say that I am feeling for you.

My brother has had a lot of depression over the years and unknown to me at the time, he didn't leave his house for 3 months and had no interaction with any one. I appreciate how tough it is and continuing with the positive forward movement and changes in your life is a good way to focus your mind and will help you to cement good thoughts and positive feelings for your future.

I will be surprised if that makes any sense but I know what I mean. lol

Be strong and good luck.

Thank you I do hope your brother's depression is under control

tomorrow I am due to go out with DH daughter and her partner - DH I can cope with - daughter I love the socks off - but will find it hard being with her :) I KNOW I wont be able to do certain things on my own like stand in queues - with strangers near me - go in unknown places - DH has never understood my depression - BUT does sense when I cant do things and is a wonderful wonderful support

your words DO make sense and I thank you for them

H xx

Hey,
Sorry your feeling so down at the moment. Hope today is a little brighter for you. Congrats on sticking with WW. Dogs are great for lifting spirits, I couldn't be without mine.
Hope you have a good day xx

Thank you
I had a lie in this morning with the dogs
one on the bed with me - she wont let the others on the bed and the other two on their beds
doggy cuddles are great - somehow they seem to know when I need them and just come over and lay their heads on me or give a gentle kiss on the back of the hand

so that is one good thing that happened today - and its early
second good thing - I opened the back door to hear bird song
I will be concentrating on finding other things that are good today in order to life my spirits :) thanks for your post

Hi hon

Hope you're feeling a lot better today ... looking for the positives is a good start :) I hope the sun is shining where you are :)

LOVE the little crying bods at the bottom - excellent idea .... I'd copy it but would take up a whole page the amount I'd need :D

Take Care,
Twigs
xx

Aaleigha arent having pets the best? They just know how you are feeling and know what to do to make things easier!

I love the dogs - they are all rescues - I think we 'see' something in each other

Great news that the day has started out good.. I love when there is silence and all you can here is the birds singing their little hearts out.. it just so peaceful! Here's to a good positive day!

I was so determined when I got out of bed to find some good in the day - I know with me if I cant then I get worse

the sun is now shining and that helps and makes me feel better (not great but marginally better than yesterday)

Hi hon

Hope you're feeling a lot better today ... looking for the positives is a good start :) I hope the sun is shining where you are :)

LOVE the little crying bods at the bottom - excellent idea .... I'd copy it but would take up a whole page the amount I'd need :D

Take Care,
Twigs
xx

The sun has now come out
as for the littel crying squatters - well they just KNOW they will be zapped

why dont you have one for every 2lb or 5lb if you think you would have too many

cant wait to turn mine into nice smiley faces

Hiya

Just realised my sidebar thingy says I've exactly 100lbs to lose ... a doddle - will do that over the weekend :8855::8855:

Twigs
xx

Hiya

Just realised my sidebar thingy says I've exactly 100lbs to lose ... a doddle - will do that over the weekend :8855::8855:

Twigs
xx

well what ever you are going to try - PLEASE let me in on it if it works
I for one will be eagerly awaiting your posts on Monday morning

and as from that 100 as from the next weigh in you wont be seeing three figures again will you :)

hmm won't be able to post as it starts with the chopping off of the arms I'm afraid :D

Yes - good point - It'll be double figures from Wednesday - thanks for that :)

xxx

Hey Twigs when you look at our stats - we are quite close in % weight lost - race you to 10%

Well the depression has led to a lot of thinking for me today
one thing I have been thinking about is

WHY DO I WANT TO DO THIS

quite important really as listing those things will really help me focus

so I want to lose weight because

It will help to improve my health
  • I have high blood pressure
  • I am at risk of diabetes (both parents suffered)
  • I have bad arthritis in my knees - I have already had to have steriod injections once
  • depression
I am hoping all those things will be helped as I lose weight

Obviously I would like to look better too - I would be a liar if I said I didnt

for now those are the things I can think of

so WHY do the rest of you wish to lose weight - please be as specific as you can it could be things that help myself or others

H xx

why?

WHY DO I WANT TO DO THIS

quite important really as listing those things will really help me focus

so I want to lose weight because
There was a thread about this the other day and there are a number of reasons that i want to lose a bit of weight.

1. No clothes left in the wardrobe only 2 pairs of trousers and about half a dozen teeshirts.
  2. My 9 year old patting my belly affectionately.
  3. Want to feel like my wife fancies me again and not just puts up with me.
  4. Don't want to wait 3 mins at the top of a slope to take my golf shot coz I can't breathe.
  5. Want to be able to get past 3pm still able to run up the stairs in work.
  6. Want to look as good as I can when we start gigging in the band.

Some of these may seem a little exaggerated or maybe trivial, but you know where I am coming from I hope.

Great topic by the way. And good luck.

P.S. as for my brother he recently visited a new doctor, which he has avoided for years out the expectation of embarrassment and the fact that the one visit he made a long time ago about the problem was met without even acknowledgment. The new doctor suggested some medication, a mild anti depressant or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) and he has been a different man for about 6 months now. So thank you for asking.

my reasons

To feel good about myself and get back some self esteem.
Not to feel like i embarras my kids.
To feel as attractive as my husband seems to think i am.
and yes fatfighter i too have a wardrobe full of clothes most of which dont fit.

just a foot note which says it all-i was recenlty invited to be on an interview panel , and when i heard where it was to be my 1st thoughts were, oh yes i've been there before, the food is really nice. who says i have a one track mind

hey Aaleigha, how're you feeling today? I know how hard it must be for you - my mum has suffered with manic depression since before I was born, and was diagnosed as bipolar last year - so I have had a lot of experience of the ups and downs of it.. anyway, i hope today has been a bit sunnier for you and that things are on the up :) take care of yourself!

as for reasons for losing weight, my head says because I want to be able to wear all the clothes everyone else is wearing.. but my bank manager doesn't agree.. :p

also, i already have collapsed arches from carrying a lot of weight for almost all my life, and so i know if i dont do something about it, there is already a lot of stress on my ankles, knees and therefore my entire skeleton as I am not supported properly.. I would love to be able to run, but I get pains walking long distance, so I'm hoping if i lose some more weight i might be able to start jogging / running short distances :) x

Evening Aaleigha my main reasons for losing weight are:-

-I dont like the person I see in the mirror staring back at me
-I want to wear my favourite jeans again
-I want to feel confident in my skin so that when my OH hugs me I dont feel embarrased
-I want to be healthy all round and not end up like my aunts who have a lot of weight and major health problems

-I want to be able to go into a clothes shop and be able to try on clothes and not have the shop assistants looking me up and down saying "our clothes wont fit her.. she's far too big"

Back