I really dont know what to do

thank you so much for the visits
I can totally relate to all the reasons for wanting to lose the weight
painting your own toe nails - now the summer is here YES I too want to be able to do that
get into clothes I have in the loft - oh yes
and I have a DH who loves me - but it would be great to be more like the person he married
and I have a pair of healed knee length black boots that I could do up and cant know - I really really want to be able to wear them again :)

I have points left so will be going to bed soon with a highlights hot chocolate

looking forward to seeing any other reasons people have for wanting to lose weight

no way

I want to be able to go into a clothes shop and be able to try on clothes and not have the shop assistants looking me up and down saying "our clothes wont fit her.. she's far too big"
OMG. No way.​

Hello totally missed your joining, welcome to MM

First well done on sticking to your diet 100%, a small but very gentle SMACK ON THE BUM for being as SH :giggle:

I have knitting to get out, i knit dog coats to raise money for the charity i work for and the summer is the perfect time to start them. i have only ever knitted one pattern cos i dont really understand it lol, i have patterns for others but the lingo confuses me NO END so im impressed you are all knitting coats and jumpers lol

Must dash off my mum is round in a minute to go to WW and will be moaning im not dressed :rolleyes:

-I want to be able to go into a clothes shop and be able to try on clothes and not have the shop assistants looking me up and down saying "our clothes wont fit her.. she's far too big"

they totally do that.. i remember going into French Connection with my sister and was looking for a pair of jeans for her when a shop assistant came over and advised me in these very words "hi, if you're looking for your size I just wanted to let you know we only go upto a 14"

what a b*tch!!

Strange isnt it how much hold clothes have over us
I too will be able to shop anywhere - I want a skirt from Morgan and a Firetrap dress - but it wont be this year :)

Well my day so far
I went to a market in the midlands at wellesbourne - my daughter wanted to go - why I went I really dont know - I was not looking forward to it and I didnt want anything - but the exercise was good for me and we did tescos on the way back :)

We were supposed to go on bank holiday monday (for my birthday) with a stop on the way back at Moreton in the Marsh - for a birthday lunch - last week I would have coped - this week I bearly hung in - but I did - just so glad to be home
I think I will set myself a little challenge - to walk 250,000 and see how long it takes - then maybe try to do it quicker the next time round :)

right off to get some lunch now I am back

thank you so much for the visits - it helps :)

Chin up, isnt it funny how some days you can quite happily go somewhere and other days hate the same place!!

Moreton in the marsh is lovely, ,we used to ride down there for an summer aftrnoon out on mrB motorcycle before we had the girls

Hey Twigs when you look at our stats - we are quite close in % weight lost - race you to 10%

H xx

It's a deal!!!

I was just talking my DH this morning in bed about the reasons I want to lose weight.

First and foremost it's for me ... to make me feel good about myself, increase my self confidence etc. To not try and get out family meetings etc and avoid doing things I want to.
Clothes - obviously :D
Oh and so my butt isn't a damn in the bath :giggle:

Hope you're having a great day!
Twigs
xx

Chin up, isnt it funny how some days you can quite happily go somewhere and other days hate the same place!!

Moreton in the marsh is lovely, ,we used to ride down there for an summer aftrnoon out on mrB motorcycle before we had the girls

Yes it is strange - last week I was looking forward to it - I also really like Bourton on the Water too
I KNOW I am going to get back to enjoying the little things - and hopefully it wont take me too long

Oh and so my butt isn't a damn in the bath :giggle:

Hope you're having a great day!
Twigs
xx

Twigs I forgot all about listing that as a reason

and as for the friendly competition - see you at the finish line :)

Thanks Fuzzy
I intend to sit on the sofa and read a book whilst browsing on here :) fun packed or what

When will I lose a dress size

I suppose this is in the minds of many of us - when we will be able to buy smaller clothes

and for the blokes its when will I lose a waist size or be able to notch that belt one hole tighter

here are my thoughts on the subject
when in school I always say to the kids if in doubt try it out - so I did - here is my little investigation

When I started my journey I was approx 70lb over weight - so I found that my kitchen rolls have approx 70 sheets - anyone see where I am going with this yet

so the me I want to be is the cardboard tube - the sheets are the fat I want to lose

I have to date lost 12lb - so I took a new roll and took off 12 sheets (we will call this roll A)- when I looked at the difference between a new roll and the now 12 sheets less roll - I realised there was little difference -
so the next roll I took off 21 sheets (1.5 stone roll B) and compared them again
now between the control and roll B there was a noticeable difference but between control and A and A and B little difference

the next roll (roll C) I took off 21+14 sheets now the differences were becoming noticeable - and we are half way to my target
now the next roll (yes you guessed it roll D) I took off another 14sheets and the difference between roll C and D was quite noticable and of course between D and control a HUGE difference

now the conclusion I have come to is this
the bigger you are (no offence to anyone here) the more you have to lose before it becomes truly noticable - eg in clothes size - the reason I think this is well its because - our fat cells are distributed thoughout our body and the more surface area we have the thinner that 'top layer' so the less that first stone shows compared to that last stone

hope this makes sence to others and not just me

and yes I OBVIOUSLY have far to much time on my hands

I am sure you all think I am totally mad now - and have your own opinions on the matter - please do share

H xx

Hello aaleigha when i started ww i was12st 4lb.. i know not exactly huge but i used to be 9st 1lb so i had put on quite a bit!
Anyhow i now weigh 10st 13lb & i have dropped a dress size so it took at least a stone before i noticed my size 14s were too big be interested to see what other peeps think xx

My goodness - little scientist ;)

I am just wondering what you have done with all those sheets of kitchen roll???? Great experiment though and a lovely way to look at losing weight.

I have lost just over 3 stones and have gone from a 16 bottom half - 16/18 top half to an 8/10 bottom half and a 10/12 top half -so looks like about 10lbs is a dress size or thereabouts.

Still can't get my head round picking up smaller sizes though -its quite strange somehow.

Sorry to hear about your depression - my friend suffers from bipolar and its a real strain on her family too - terrible illness. Its great to hear that you are trying to focus on positive things to keep your mood lifted.

I wanted to lose weight because I was feeling frumpy and old and was dressing like my mum!!! I wanted to feel fitter and have more energy and wanted to feel attractive and sexy again. x

To start thank you both for your visits - now lets see if I can tackle this multi quote business :)

My goodness - little scientist ;)

I am just wondering what you have done with all those sheets of kitchen roll???? Great experiment though and a lovely way to look at losing weight.
Oh they are already to use in the kitchen - I REALLY did need to have a visual - I am sure you can just imagine my DH - bless him he has a lot to put up with

I have lost just over 3 stones and have gone from a 16 bottom half - 16/18 top half to an 8/10 bottom half and a 10/12 top half -so looks like about 10lbs is a dress size or thereabouts.
i have dropped a dress size so it took at least a stone before i noticed my size 14s were too big be interested to see what other peeps think xx

Now this is just the sort of thing I was thinking about - for one of you its been about 14lb and for the other its been every 10lb or so - my thinking is perhaps that first stone is about 14/15lb then the next 12lb or so then as you get smaller so you need to lose less to see the difference in a clothes size

Still can't get my head round picking up smaller sizes though -its quite strange somehow.

cant wait to go shopping and have that happen - will be fun - think I will take my 26 year old daughter with me - or even borrow from her wardrobe - now wont that be fun

Sorry to hear about your depression - my friend suffers from bipolar and its a real strain on her family too - terrible illness. Its great to hear that you are trying to focus on positive things to keep your mood lifted.

thank you - yes it is very hard on the family and some of my close friends who know - the acting our around those I want to hide it from takes its toll - but I do cope JUST - hope your friend has some good and easier times too :) tell her to take care

I wanted to lose weight because I was feeling frumpy and old and was dressing like my mum!!! I wanted to feel fitter and have more energy and wanted to feel attractive and sexy again. x

I too was feeling frumpy so for my first half stone I treated myself to a new hairdo - with colour its now an inverted bob - very sharp brown with a couple of red weaves through it :) that made me feel better straight away :)

Hiya i have lost 2 stone 11lb so far and was size 20 tops and 18 bottoms.

Now i am size 16 tops and 12/14 bottoms(depending on the makes etc)i was chuffed the other week though got a size 10 skirt and it fits!!LOL (obviously a big 10).

I have found the inch loss amazing..
I would say defo after the first 10lbs you will start to see a difference.
Have a nice evening x :)

Thanks Fuzzy

right today is weigh in day and I am nervous - WHY - I have stepped on my own scales - already admitted to being a scale hopper and they show a loss - so why I am so nervous about class today - I will report back later - off to get ready :)

good luck for your class today :) you will do fine xxx

Morning H

Totally agree with your scientific project ... I've lost 17lbs and haven't dropped a size at all.. although my clothes are fitting a bit better :D I think (hope) the next stone will do the trick.

What time is your class? Sending you good luck vibes!! :vibes:

Have a great day!

Twigs
xx

Back