Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Back from cookery class and went for a 40 length swim too so feel good. I didn't nibble or peck once in class. I got some new vegan sausages, an Irish brand called Dee's. I had one now on a small buckwheat pancake with some plum sauce, avocado and lettuce and it was really nice. Its made from pea protein and seaweed and tastes great, lots of pepper and coriander. Only about 50 cals per sausage.
I did a huge clear out of my clothes while tidying looking for my missing things. Good news, I found my boot but still no sign of the bracelet. I've thrown out all old out of shape t-shirts and pyjamas, lots of baggy tops and larger linen trousers...
That's it, I can't get big again.

Back on track, 73.2kg this morning and might make my target of 73kg this week which is BMI of about 32

I need to look at the calories on the vegan cheese as really its the only fat I have had but I did eat too much of it out of convenience.

So @Stackhead posted a BMR calculator on @ladyfelsham thread. It gives you you recommended calorie intake for the day so I gave it a go. Most people here have been saying they need about 2000 cals a day and for weight loss aiming about 1500 to 1800 a day. While not calorie counting went along with these numbers. Sobi checked my BMR and I have a stupidly low BMR of 1416 cals a day, that means I can only eat less than 3/4 of what the average woman eats. As a child and teenager I could never finish a meal.given to me and adults would always chastise me for it...well I shouldn't have been finishing it...I should leave a quarter of a regular portion of everything.
So as said I don't calorie count, I just don't have the time or inclination to weight every grain of porridge, every mouthful of quorn. But I do now know that each mouthful needs to be considered, thin pancake or fat, do I need the ketchup...things like that which may be added wasteful calories. Useful, but concerning information to have.

You've pointed out why people who need to lose a lot have to start high with their calorie number - so it can come down over time.

What about maintaining your cal level, and looking into more toning exercises?

Thanks Susie, I am getting more exercise now than I did, about 8 sessions a week now so that should help. I've always known I was short but never considered myself 3/4 of a person:rolleyes:. Though with enough attitude and personality for two.

At a random motorway services eating a BK veggie burger. Was at a meeting all afternoon and now a 2 hour drive to cookery class and was starving. I was very good at the meeting and avoided the danish pastries and freshly made mince pies. Stopped at the service station and they had no warm vegan options. The veggie burger is mostly beans but it does contain egg, I got it without the cheese but forgot to ask for it without mayo...it didn't occur to me that it would have it. I only got the burger, not a meal with chips. And following my new rule I only had a me size portion which is 3/4.

I had a rest day yesterday. Not a planned rest fay but just how it went.
I had breakfast and was going to use the wii when the power went, i had forgotten it was a planned power cut....so no wii. Oscar came to stay so we went to the pool. He freaked out going in with the echoey noise and it took ages to settle him. We did lots of splashing but no swimming.
Then I was going to bring him home in the buggy (a total 5km walk) but it started to rain and he had no jacket so we drove. And by the time I got back it was getting dark so I lit the fire and opened wine. I even had comfort food dinner, home made chips and a fried egg.
I think my body needed the rest, as well as my shoulder I seem to have strained a calf muscle (mountain climbs on the wii) do all muscles feel a bit better this morning.
Still in bed with curtains closed so can't hear the weather but the boiler has come on so it must be cold and I can hear wind.

Food, wine and exercise wise I had a very bad Thursday and Friday. A number of crap things happened leaving me more emotional than normal and both evenings I just opened the wine and drank it.
Understandable headache now and I'd murder a big fry....but won't, maybe some toast.
Will try to shake myself back today and won't weigh in until Monday. The weeks are rushing by now so I really need to get my act together and stop faffing around.

Have still been searching for my bracelet and now told darling husband its missing. Its not in the office I was working in for the summer, its not in the hotel I stayed at one night in august, its not at the pool...they've looked twice. I've cleaned up and cleared out so much of the house now and don't have anywhere else to look. I'm going to get my car valeted next week and see if they can find it.

Oh Tipps, shame on the bracelet. Am praying for you it turns up. Sending Karma to you. Never mind the wine etc right now. Lets get the show back on the road.
My exercise has just taken a downturn. Slipped this a.m. on the bottom stair, bent my right foot backwards. Think I have fractured ankle, foot etc so off to walk in clinic. We had just been talking about going to a local place for a good walk too. Ah well!! xxx

Oh no....I hope its not too serious with the foot and you can get up and about soon. Anyway....you have 2 feet so you can always hop.along to music for exercise:rolleyes:

Just out of bed now and am starving. Craving a big fry but I heated soup quickly and having that with some homemade bread to keep me away from bad things.

Re the bracelet, the universe really needs to send it back to me. 5 years ago I got a Christmas hamper and found a ring in it. Turns out it was an engagement ring and I made sure it got back to its owner. So to keep karma even my bracelet needs to come back to me.

Well done for avoiding the fry up! I'm really sorry your bracelet hasn't turned up yet - but I'm sure it will be somewhere, caught on some clothing maybe?

And Solange - OUCH! Ice and rest for you Missy x

Oh dear Tipps, I am sure it will turn up. Perhaps in an unlikely place as Susie says.

Well as for me ladies. Called an ambulance as it was not weight bearing. So painful. EEk. Ended up in a wheelchair. Xrayed my big toe. Why. It was red as has been bent the wrong way. Did not xray my ankle. So here I am sitting with it propped up. Twice the normal size. Sadly Tipps that is my good leg so no hopping. The left leg I dislocated my knee cap (Summer 2016)! lol

OH is Not domesticated and already getting fed up. Quite funny in a way. He's worried about getting dry hands washing up! lol

Just out of bed now and am starving. Craving a big fry but I heated soup quickly and having that with some homemade bread to keep me away from bad things.

Re the bracelet, the universe really needs to send it back to me. 5 years ago I got a Christmas hamper and found a ring in it. Turns out it was an engagement ring and I made sure it got back to its owner. So to keep karma even my bracelet needs to come back to me.
I hope your bracelet turns up soon, you deserve good karma for reuniting the engagement ring with its owner.

Oh dear Tipps, I am sure it will turn up. Perhaps in an unlikely place as Susie says.

Well as for me ladies. Called an ambulance as it was not weight bearing. So painful. EEk. Ended up in a wheelchair. Xrayed my big toe. Why. It was red as has been bent the wrong way. Did not xray my ankle. So here I am sitting with it propped up. Twice the normal size. Sadly Tipps that is my good leg so no hopping. The left leg I dislocated my knee cap (Summer 2016)! lol

OH is Not domesticated and already getting fed up. Quite funny in a way. He's worried about getting dry hands washing up! lol
So sorry to hear you hurt your your big toe and ankle...hope you feel better soon Solange. (((Hugs)))

A little present of rubber gloves and some hand cream for OH will help with dry hands! Call it an early Christmas present!:p

Love that pic

Ouch again about the foot, any idea how long it will take to heal?

Not having a great week food or exercise wise. Short version...on Wednesday someone forced entry into my mother's house, they got nothing and she wasn't injured...but she is very frail and it really traumatised her. Thursday she was violently ill and then Friday morning started to have petit mal seizures, lunchtime she had a major grand mal seizure and was rushed to hospital were they continued. So since Wednesday I have been on the phone ti dad and sister non stop with Gardai reports, CCTV footage, then hospital calls and then all day yesterday in Dublin in the hospital. Grand mal seizures have stopped but petit mal haven't. Then almost home last night I hit a cat with the car and killed it, I was so upset about it as I know how much we love our animals. I stopped the car, checked it was dead and took it off the road so it wouldn't get mangled by the next car. It just charged straight out of a hedge, there was nothing I could do to avoid it.
Anyway, with all the running around my diet hasn't been planned and I've had no exercise. I've had two eggs this week, chicken goujons on Saturday and a burger and cake yesterday. I need to plan food today and make some handy food for during the week especially if I'm travelling again. I will be back in Dublin on Thursday but will go up tomorrow too if she's still in hospital.
Its cottage pie this week for cookery class so I might make me a vegan one with TVP, enough for a few days. And maybe some Vietnamese rice paper rolls too for travelling
Don't know what to do about exercise, maybe a cycle if the frost goes. Swimming is really causing problems, its making driving very difficult (I will see physio next week when she's back, GP will only give me painkillers and send me to physio anyway).

Back