Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I prefer Linda McCartney sausages to any other (red onion ones or chorizo ones)

In fact Tesco has the best range of all our supermarkets..they had the new LM cocktail sausage & mini sausage rolls

Some vegan stuff can be very heavy on calories X

They only had one flavour here along with the sausage roll and cocktail sausages which I did stay away from because of the fat content (sausage rolls)

Another 200g down which means I've just dropped below 74kg again and just under 32.5 BMI. BUT I've been here before and gone up again so need to try really really really hard

I dont think the cake may have upset the vegan rules, it was commercially bought so probably had oils and margarine instead of butter and cream...though it was loaded with sugar. There was only 4 of us so I couldn't really say no.

Last edited:
So...looking back even though I am exercising the rest of the day I am very sedentary. I lost most weight when I was working in the country house and gained most the 10 weeks I worked in the government offices. So as well as exercise I need to be generally more active. Well I can't just walk for 12 hours a day so was looking for other fun options that can fit into the day
My brain was on track for the right idea but I couldn't just join up the dots.

I want to do Zumba but classes don't suit me.
I've asked for Wii Zumba for christmas , but I also asked for it last year and didn't get it. So decided if u don't get it i will buy it myself
In the meantime I was thinking of buying or borrowing a DVD...but we only a DVD player attached to a small screen TV ...but it could still work .
So I thought about looking on Netflix for Zumba but didn't think it would have it.
I remember before when we had SKY that I would download Bollywood dancing and do that.
So come on people....shout the solution at me...it took me so long to join the dots

YOUTUBE

I'm going to look on YouTube for Zumba and that can be played on the big screen in the sitting room

I'm going to look on YouTube for Zumba and that can be played on the big screen in the sitting room

Well that wasn't the success it was supposed to be. I tried 3 sepetate videos and they moved too fast, straight into it never explaining the moves first. I'm not designed to bounce and appear to have no salsa rhythm.
So went back to my Wii Fit and took our my old Biggest loser game that never got much use. I loaded a new profile and it has me started with a new 28 day programme with a 2kg weight loss for the duration. The programme is every second day with set routines to target different areas. Today was all squats, planks (so hard) and jumping jacks. I did the 6 minute warm up first and then 23 minute workout.
Lunch then, i made colcannon soup. I have some malted wholewheat bread rising and will make a pumpkin curry for dinner with konjac noodles and some bread.

I was going to suggest YouTube, sorry that didn't work for you. Look up Leslie Sansome on YT too for walking vids, she's really good, and there are high intensity ones.

Pumpkin curry mmmm!

I was going to say you tube too.. I was doing some a while back that were reasonable to follow, I'll look to see if I still have them on bookmark. I tend to dance to a different tune to everyone else but hell, as long as you're moving and you,ll catch back up at some point.
I've got the Bollywood DVD..I can't keep up with it:D my hand movements look good though..I could be in a movie:D
Have you tried Davina? I had her DVD..1st and 2nd and liked them.
Food sounds good..can I come for tea:) X

Thanks...I'd like to try the Zumba again but need a slow step by step one to start with so any suggestions would be great.
Had half a crust of homemade bread last night, its just not the same without butter.
I had dinner early at about 6pm and was starving by 9:30pm. I also wanted wine and cheese and needed so much willpower to stay away. However hunger got the better of me and I had a nakd bar with herbal tea .
I woke up with sore upper abdomen, that's from the plank yesterday, it was tough but will do it again.
My shoulder is still sore, its now a week since I went swimming and thought it would have eased. It feels like the bone more than muscles, I don't know enough about tendons or ligaments to know if its them. But I think I might try the pool again and see how it feels. If my shoulder hurts I can still do some jogging or core exercises. If I leave it too long I find it hard to get back.
Another loss on scales this morning, happy and hope it stays (up and down so much).
I decided not to go to the conference after all. But I do need to do something today. I might check my bank balance and see if I can go to Limerick and do some Christmas shopping, I just need a day out and some retail therapy, I don't have much spare money and don't want to needlessly spend it on me but Christmas presents will need to be both anyway. Daughter 1 wants L'Occitane creams and daughter 2 Benefit make-up so that gives me an excuse to get pampered at bought shops, creams first then make-up. Debenhams has a 25% sale so I might check out the underwear section.
Starting with breakfast and then will decide.

Last edited:
I haven't kept any of the Zumba bookmarks but will be trying some out later on today..will let you know of any good ones I find. I need dance type exercise as I find exercise such a chore. I usually put the dance type ones on while I'm in the kitchen waiting for things to cook:) my neighbour's must think I'm nuts as you can see straight in:D
I picked up a leaflet yesterday about swimming the channel..but in your local pool. Have you got that where you are? Sounds good. It's a minimum of 33km(21 miles) across the channel. In a 25metre pool it's 1320 lengths. My daughter did it last year for a charity she supports (Winston's Wish) swimming every morning for an hour and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Have a look at this Tippy, it might help your shoulder
http://www.220triathlon.com/trainin...it-and-three-exercises-to-treat-it/10321.html
Enjoy your retail therapy day X

Wow....thanks for that. Most of the words were too big for me to understand but knowing its a real thing helps.
Hey....guess what I have a sport injury.

The pool has challenges like to that in January. We've done swim the channel, swim the Shannon, swim the coast of Ireland. I wonder what they will have this time.

Will try the pool and if its still an issue will ask their physio to look at it.

How did your shopping trip go? I'm shattered after mine X

Sorry to hear your shoulder is still painful, get it seen to!

And yes how was the shopping? I love L'Occitane stuff, so add my name to the list please :D

Well, just to let Susie know that today I wore an orange linen tunic with tights and boots. I'm so short that tunics are dress lenghts so in have a few too and can dress cheaply in them. I need to wear more "clothes". At home I'm in PJs or tracksuit, walking/cycling/going to the pool I'm in gym leggings, t shirt n hi viz. And for classes its a t shirt and light cotton trousers. So no reason to wear proper clothes and I have lots.
Went to the pool and swam 40 lenghts. The physio wasn't there but I will call her tomorrow. My shoulder didn't hurt any more or any less while swimming but was in agony when in was driving after. Changing gears is very painful. I took Nurofean when I got home and its easing now but will get something done tomorrow if I can.
Shopping done, I didn't dawdle too much. Got my eyebrows threaded first, then tried all the creams in Loccitane them make up in Brown Thomas (very up market Irish department store). Bought a bra and 2 pairs matching pants for me. Also went to 2 health food stores, got tea, blueberry powder, buckwheat flour, organic TVP and short grain brown rice for risotto.
Was hungry and trying to figure out vegan options. I found a teeny noodle bar and had rice noodles with veg and tofu in a teriyaki sauce, it was great.
Home then, took the Nurofean for shoulder and decided to rest it, painkillers are working but not a solution. If the physio says only rest and painkillers for a while are the solution I will call my acupuncturist, at least she will get it pain free and start the healing process without chemicals.
Watching end of Masterchef and then its time for Alaskan Bush People new season.
Wine is tempting me but staying strong.

Oh wow your poor shoulder, what about trying ibuprofen gel - you apply it directly to where it hurts.

But despite the pain I bet you looked gorgeous - loving the orange linen tunic and boots!

Glad you mentioned Alaskan Bush People, I didn't know the new series had started.. I love Noah, he seems so gentle.. In fact they all do.
You seem like you're going to enjoy being vegan..there's some very trendy, hippy dippy areas near where I live and loads of lovely vegan cafes have opened, in the past it was only studenty type cafes that had decent things on the menu. Mind you, a well known chain..Naked Deli in Gosforth had vegan pancakes on their menu and when I asked what the egg alternative was they were using I was told they used free range eggs:eek: Really!! The girl serving was so embarrassed.
What are you using the blueberry powder for?
Hope your shoulder isn't so sore when you wake up in the morning X

The tablets worked better than the gel, as I said it doesn't seem to be muscular.
I don't know what i will use the blueberry powder for, it just seems to be a concentrated form of blueberry goodness, maybe to make smoothies blue or to flavour my porridge.
TV signal flicked in and out last night so missed the end of the Brown family. Noah is interesting but strange, I just love watching Matt....he is so off the wall but also soft.
Not sure yet what my plan for today is but will include washing my clothes and sorting out the fridge.

Last edited:
Just weighed in and its time to play with numbers.

I'm 73.5kg so 100g heavier than yesterday.
But 800g lighter than Monday.
Last week at my lightest I was 73.8kg but then by Friday was 74.6kg.
So a "true" weight loss of 300g this week.

I might sit down and have a glass of wine tonight while watching a movie. I was going to make a deal with myself "if I've lost xx amount of weight I will treat myself to a glass of wine" but realise this isn't an appropriate approach. Food or drink should not be seen as treats.
So I'm going to pay myself to lose weight. I said I would really love a designer dress so for each half kilo lost I am going to pay myself €25 and put it aside for a great dress at some stage.
I don't know what the "payout weight" will be yet as it will be more about shape than weight.
A few years ago I spent 8 months losing weight, I got from 85.5kg to 68kg. At 74kg which is were I am now I looked good and was a good shape. I wore a size 14 jeans perfectly, I had a flat stomach and a nice waist. Now at the same weight I am wearing a size 12 jeans, they are very baggy on the thighs and bum but I look like I am carrying a basketball stuffed into my belly....my shape is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Challenge for the weekend is not to overindulge, keep exercising and not gain
I'd be happy on Monday morning for STS. Also not sure if weekend will be strictly vegan, I might have some eggs. The hens have been generous this week and a poached egg in toastvwith avocado would be a good Sunday brunch.
I sliced the homemade brown bread on my electric slicer and its now in the freezer, I can take out a slice as I need it. It has extra bran and poppy seeds and sunflower seeds.

Yay....I have my red crown back again. That means I've lost 15lbs, I had my crown in June but lost it after my holidays.
I'm a double princess again

Yay..well done :wee: I lost all of mine pre summer:(
I have terrible trouble with skinny jeans..not skinny enough on the legs and go all wrinkly..it's a right pain. I thought I'd cracked it with Asda's wonder fit..but after 1/2hr it was same old problem. Seemingly Primark skinny jeans are a good fit on the legs..have you got Primark over there?
I bet the yolks are a lovely colour on your organically fed hens..enjoy if you have one X

Back