Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks, we have Pennys, which is the same. I find their clothing a bad fit for me.

Just looking back over my diary at weights.
Started 25 March 80.4kg with BMI 35.2

2 April 78.5kg
2 May 74.3kg
1 June 73.7kg
1 July 71.5kg
3 Aug 72.7 kg
25 Sept 76.9kg
3 Oct 74.9kg
3 Nov 73.5kg with BMI 32.2

2 more hard kilos to get to Julys happy weight and then continue downward

Morning, awake early but don't feel like getting up yet.
I can feel some muscles a little sore after yesterday's yoga so assume that must be good. I noticed while doing it that my left knee is a little sore/ stiff, it feels like it wants to be oiled. It can click a bit when I'm walking too. I'm taking flaxseed, has anyone any other suggestions to "oil" my knee. I am trying to hold off arthritis.
Funny thing about me, I only ever get symptoms of anything on my left side, headaches, cramps, sore throat....everything only ever on the left. I mean I swim with both arms but only the left one is sore...strange.
Anyway, I had a lovely relaxing evening. I took the dog for a 6km walk then came home and lit the fire. I opened the wine and after I cleaned the kitchen (all my powders and grains etc are now in jars) i made some aubergine and cauliflower tempura. It was 5pm and it was supposed to be a snack to have with wine but I made lots and it did as dinner. I had some home made plum and chilli sauce with it made last autumn with neighbours garden plums. Put on Netflix and watched a few episodes of Parenthood and the dog curled up beside me and went asleep. Husband was away and son out late but I got up and made dinner for them, roast leg of lamb, roast potatoes and the rest of the cauliflower. I left that in the oven and went back to the couch, TV, dog and wine and fell asleep...a perfect evening
Not counting the birthday cake on Tuesday the plum sauce was the only added sugar I've had all week. It was the first wine I've had since Sunday and won't have any today. I might have some with lunch tomorrow depending on what we do or where we are.
And I've stayed vegan all week, that's amazing. But I now have 20 eggs in the kitchen that I need to use up...any suggestions?

Just made a smoothie wirh the blueberry powder. Apple, mango, flaxseed and the blueberry powder. It added a lovely blueberry taste without the slight dry acid taste that some blueberries have.

I can feel some muscles a little sore after yesterday's yoga so assume that must be good. I noticed while doing it that my left knee is a little sore/ stiff, it feels like it wants to be oiled. It can click a bit when I'm walking too. I'm taking flaxseed, has anyone any other suggestions to "oil" my knee. I am trying to hold off arthritis.

There's a great herbal combo - glucosamine, chondroitin and boswellia - which are great together for keeping things running smoothly. I've run out and have really noticed the difference, could barely hobble to the car last night. I'm going to try a new one on Am which has those three things and also turmeric in it.

You can also try green lipped mussel tablets from NZ - on Am - they are supposed to be brilliant, but i can't take them because of my seafood allergy.

What are the powders??

Thanks will look for them.

Blueberry powder
Cacao powder
Spirulana powder
And also now in jars the flaxseed and brown short grain rice.

Just spent 20 minutes in the polytunnel. Its totally overgrown with nettles. I can even get to.the shears or spade as they are at the back. I just have to pull everything by hand. It will take forever.

Thanks, we have Pennys, which is the same. I find their clothing a bad fit for me.

Laughing at my own answer, of course we have Primary/Penny's...its Irish after all.

There's a great herbal combo - glucosamine, chondroitin and boswellia ??

Thanks, does it have a name or brand?

Finished yesterday vegan too so happy. But may have a poached egg later today, I've taken some of the homemade bread out of the freezer and have some avocado to go with it, maybe a big hit of garlic to go with it.
I had more tempura yesterday and made tofu tempura, more than I should...its quite filling. I'm still not very successful with tofu and open to any suggestions.
Weighed in today and am same as Friday morning which is good considering Fridays wine. I was also worried about all the fried noodles from Friday and the two lots of deep fried tempura.

Happy Sunday everyone.

I've taken the house apart, ive lost 2 things...a charm bracelet and a boot.
Its a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet that I've had for about 7 years and has many Christmas and birthday presents on it. I had it in August and couldn't find it when we were going on holidays. I have 3 distinct memories of removing it. Coming home while driving and it fell down the side of the car seat, removing it in the kitchen while cooking and coming home from dinner out in husbands car and putting it into a handbag. I don't know which was last and have searched everywhere, I've even taken some of the seats out of the car. Every handbag has been taken apart and I was doing a big clear out some old bags and even cut the lining to find it. I'm so upset as it really has huge sentimental value never mind the actual cost.
The boot I'm not as worried about, just frustrated that I can't find it. I spent 4 years looking for a pair of long flat navy boots and found them last January. In spring I relocated my boots and one navy boot didn't seem to make it...how can one boot just walk away. I've even pulled out wardrobes to see if it fell behind.
So tomorrow the bedroom and bathroom will be taken apart.....again.
If you believe in gods or karma or serenity in my house (haven't told darling husband about the bracelet) send good vibes my way so I can find them.

Last edited:
Morning all, its a very cold morning and I'm curled up under a blanket on the couch. Weighed in at 73.6kg this morning which is 100g heavier than Friday, goal for this week is 73kg by Friday.
I had a poached egg yesterday but will stay vegan again for next 5 days. I need to organise something for me for cookery classes, I usually eat something small and then go swimming.
I'm thinking of going out for a cycle but need to wait until after 9:30 when no school traffic life left.
Have a good week everyone.

Tipp do so hope you find your missing things. How frustrating and upsetting. Meant to tell you have not started your November exercise challenge yet as have been down with a vile virus complete with nose like a tap and aching glands! Love the sound of your food. We went veggie almost vegan when OH was first diagnosed with cancer in 2012. He is still doing well and in remission so I reckon it had a lot to do with his recovery. Ahh, the power of food! :D

Thanks Solange, no worries about the exercise challenge. We had a similar bug last week, temperature for 3 days with very bad throat. It has eased except for the running nose and head is still full of mucous. It really is affecting me exercise and I bring a cotton hanky to the pool in a zip lock bag (all on a boil wash now).

Plan changed slightly for today as it was a Wii Fit Biggest Loser day and as I'd like to go swimming tonight I knew I wouldn't be able to cycle as well.

Its pancakes for cookery class so I thought I'd do BLT, savoury mince and avocado/tomato/cheddar....any other suggestions? I'm making regular pancakes but also buckwheat which is only the buckwheat and water. I'll make one of these for me with vegan cheese/avocado/tomato.

Thanks, does it have a name or brand?

Yep it's called Intelligent Lab - https://uk.intelligentlabs.org/product/chiropractors-choice-glucosamine/

I've taken the house apart, ive lost 2 things...a charm bracelet and a boot.
Its a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet that I've had for about 7 years and has many Christmas and birthday presents on it....If you believe in gods or karma or serenity in my house (haven't told darling husband about the bracelet) send good vibes my way so I can find them.

Thinking positive vibes as I type - visualise yourself wearing it and i bet it will turn up. Do you wear it to the pool/gym?

Sometimes, but I have already checked the pool lost property and completely taken apart my gym bag....its now in the bin.

Morning, another 300g up this morning and really not happy with that. I did end up having 4 slices vegan cheese yesterday which is more than I should, I also ate later too. But still p1ssed off a bit. 74kg to 72kg is always so difficult for me.
However, I feel a bit lighter, my neck and face isn't as puffy and I no longer feel like I have a rock in my lower abdomen.
Went for a swim last night, just swimming no jogging. My shoulder is fine in the water but the minute I get out its bad and driving, particularly going down in gears in painful. Two Nurofean helps but not a long term solution. I texted the physio and she is booked up this week and on holidays next week.
Just having porridge now for breakfast and then decide what to do

Thanks Susie, that's what I was hoping the physio would do along with dry needling and kinesio tape (for one fee). I'm looking at the link Tibbs sent me and trying to figure our the 3 exercises on it as it does seem to be swimmers shoulder
Dont know what's wrong with me today, I'm lethargic and STARVING , and I don't mean in a longing kind of way but in a "I'm weak and need to eat" way. I had a decent amount of porridge so don't know why I'm hungry so quickly. I was going to have me smoothie but decided on a proper meal instead. I made a faux vegan pizza with a buckwheat pancake, vegan cheese, grilled courgette and aubergine, peppers, tomato and tofu...it was lovely but I hope it fills me.

View media item 4830

Wow that pizza looks amazing - bet it does fill you up!

I have to admit to feeling peckish, but it's nearly lunchtime yaye and there's all sorts on offer at Lunch Club today :)

Back