Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Back from some shopping. I gor morw dees sausages and some dees vegan burgers too. Quorn do a vegan fishfinger so got them too to try. Went to local H&B and assistant told me that only one branch in Ireland does chilled food
Got some Glucosimine from him for my knee but he said it could take up to a year to ease the joint.
Just had lunch and am tired after all the driving yesterday, having a rest before class tonight

"...up to a year..." nah you should be feeling some relief within three months.

Good stuff on all the vegan food, report back on the fish fingers please.

Will do. Just heating a homemade TVP cottage pie with a parsnip and potato topping. Need to and spend day in dublin again tomorrow and this time trying to plan food. I might make a buckwheat wrap with vegan cheese, tomato and vegan sausages for emergency nibbles and will stop and get some sushi on the way for lunch. That with some mint tea and a nakd bar should keep me going. There will be a shopping stop so depending on timing or traffic it will be IKEA or retail village to see what the Diane von furstberg dresses are like.

Hading off to Dublin for another day at the hospital with mam, 2 hour drive. Sorting out food to take to get me in track. Won't be back till about 9pm.

Just home and shoulder is really bad from the driving so just vtaken Nurofeb. Stopped on the way up and spent what seems like a silly amount of money in IKEA on candles and serviettes. Had veg sushi for lunch, bought it on the way and had it in hospital with mam. Stopped in retail village on way back and got her a new thermal fleece. Looked at Diane von furstenbueg shop but nothing took my fancy...or met my budget.
Made a wrap this morning but just having it now for dinner

Food/wine/exercise....not having a good week at all. Spent 7 hours today filling out a 10 page job application and the rest of the day looking for jobs. I need to be back in employment in January.

Yep, public jobs now are competency based application forms. They list the competency needed and you have 250 words to show how you have achieved this. But they could list 8 competencys which becomes 2000 words about yourself. And they won't accept online applications...I have to print 4 copies and deliver them to the head office by midday today.
Really really bad headache, I had biscuits and chocolate and cheese yesterday so hoping that's the cause. Though I'm also stressed and tired so it could be that either .

I need to have a clean day today and try for 5 days in a row again. I'm sure I'll be in Dublin again this weekend.

Spending an hour watching Alaskan bush people then will print the application form and drive to town with it

Good heavens Tipp, what a slog. Sounds like the War and Peace of applications! Hope you get a job out of it which I am sure you will. Have left a message on the exercise challenge also. :)

Wow ditto on the War and Peace reference! Good luck hun hope you got it into town ok and as Solange says, get a lovely job out of it x

Got application dropped of, was very lucky as it needed to be in by 12 noon. Door was locked and I dropped it into outside letterbox. Then bumped into the caretaker and he said they had already collected the post and wouldn't be doing so again today. So he opened it and dropped application in for me.
Mam being released from hospital this evening so i will need to go back to Dublin to her this weekend...I'm exhausted.

Food good so far today but one day is always easy, no exercise today though, I'm just too tired and need my energy for getting to Dublin

Thanks.
Getting hungry now and just went to the kitchen to make some toast and peanut butter. But there is no bread so no toast. I'm having a pint of water instead.

Morning, had a busy weekend and ate and drank too much. Mam home from hospital but now it seems like she needs 24 hour care. I'm going up to spend a few days on Thursday and get some meals made for the freezer for Mam and Dad. Both are diabetic and Mam is also coeliac so care needs to be taken with their food.

I haven't has any exercise for a few days, pain in shoulder is easing but I can still feel the damage in it so afraid to use it or swim.

Haven't weighed in for a while now, worried about the scales.

This weekends search for the bracelet involved taking all the mattresses off the beds and also checking inside the couches. I also searched in the duplo box, I have to start thinking like Oscar in case he picked it up. The house is getting a good clean with all the searching. Darling husband has suggested it may be in the cooker extractor fan and if I take it apart and clean it I could find it:rolleyes:

So, i thought 10 pages was bad, today's application form is 26 pages long. I don't know where I will get the time to fill it out, and the interviews will be mid February.
Why did getting a job become so complicated?

Eating homemade pizza and drinking wine...so not the best way to lose weight
Spending Thursday in Dublin batch cooking meals for parents to go from freezer to microwave. Making cottage pie, lasagne, chicken curry and chicken fajitas...any other suggestions. Needs to be freezer to microwave, coeliac and diabetic friendly. Dad makes his own soup, I bought him a soupmaker a few years ago.

Can they have toms? What about big batches of bacon and tom pasta using veg based 'pasta'?

I love the broccoli rice you can get as most supermarkets - or you can whizz up your own in a blender. It's great with stews.

I'll give it some more thought.

Back