Isis's Journey to becoming a Goddess

We're losing fat now, not just water. The water weight was lost at the beginning. Every pound comes from our fat stores. Think of a pound of butter! It's not such a small amount after all x

We're losing fat now, not just water. The water weight was lost at the beginning. Every pound comes from our fat stores. Think of a pound of butter! It's not such a small amount after all x

Thank you darling. You are so right. I feel positive today. Much better than yesterday! Xxx

Glad to hear it. You already know that we'll all be sliding up and down the emotional scale many times in the months to come. Par for the course! Here we can get the bad feelings out in the open rather than leaving them inside to bubble and boil and make us feel even worse. If you'd told me last month that I'd be sticking to a VLCD I wouldn't have believed you. Dream the impossible dream LOL x

Glad to hear it. You already know that we'll all be sliding up and down the emotional scale many times in the months to come. Par for the course! Here we can get the bad feelings out in the open rather than leaving them inside to bubble and boil and make us feel even worse. If you'd told me last month that I'd be sticking to a VLCD I wouldn't have believed you. Dream the impossible dream LOL x

Same here. I was a low carber when I had the motivation. Never thought I would go back on VLCD. And here I am. Bought 9 weeks worth in total and managing to save money for my next lot (that's really not like me at all)

Feeling positive that this time I can crack this!

Isis you are doing brilliantly :) You've fought a long and hard battle with your weight. I am sure you will win in the end :)

Serialslimmer, such wise and wonderful words :)

Isis you are doing brilliantly :) You've fought a long and hard battle with your weight. I am sure you will win in the end :) Serialslimmer, such wise and wonderful words :)

Aawww thank you so much darling xxxx that's lovely xxx

And yes, SS is amazing!

Acccchh, away! LOL. I'm just like you and others here, fighting the good fight and capitalising on the times I feel positive and upbeat. This is a tough journey for all because we've done it so many times before and often lost a ton of weight, only to slide back up. Well we're now sliding back down! x

Serial you're dead right.
I just hope that once we get the weight down, we can liven up the maintaining Exante section of the forum. We'll all still need each other for that, it's a whole other battle.

Brilliant goal! And so well said! Xxx

19lbs off now. Weigh day is Friday.

This week I have upped my water intake. I realised I was drinking green tea with a hint of lemon too. So cut that out just in case.

Drinking purr green tea, peppermint tea, oolong tea and nettle tea this week lol xxx

Get your head down, Isis, and keep pushing LOL. We can't fail if we stick with this most of the time. Not perfection - just a really good effort. Friday might be a vey good day! x

Get your head down, Isis, and keep pushing LOL. We can't fail if we stick with this most of the time. Not perfection - just a really good effort. Friday might be a vey good day! x

I am pretty happy with progress now. I had a stern word with myself the other day. I agree. Pointless to aim for perfection. Just gonna do my best! Xxx

I was absolutely starving an hour ago. I argued with myself, drank water/tea/coffee, tried to read then watch youtube etc but I was desperate for something to eat. So I made a diet porridge. And enjoyed every soothing mouthful! LOL x

I was absolutely starving an hour ago. I argued with myself, drank water/tea/coffee, tried to read then watch youtube etc but I was desperate for something to eat. So I made a diet porridge. And enjoyed every soothing mouthful! LOL x

That's brilliant work there! It's damage limitation and the best thing to have done. As you remain on plan still. That's the type of thing that shows learning!

That's right. It was one of those I MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO EAT attacks. My tum was empty and the water and drinks swooshing and gurgling around when I lay down. I just couldn't fall asleep. I watched a movie. Watched a series. Still no relief. So I made the porridge to stay on-plan, have something nutritious and filling, and not feel guilty. It did the trick. We must allow ourselves to be human; some days we aren't hungry at all and others, we're like piranha fish. VLCDs may be scientifically formulated and regulated but WE are not! x

That's right. It was one of those I MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO EAT attacks. My tum was empty and the water and drinks swooshing and gurgling around when I lay down. I just couldn't fall asleep. I watched a movie. Watched a series. Still no relief. So I made the porridge to stay on-plan, have something nutritious and filling, and not feel guilty. It did the trick. We must allow ourselves to be human; some days we aren't hungry at all and others, we're like piranha fish. VLCDs may be scientifically formulated and regulated but WE are not! x

Very well said!!!!

Wow it's cold tonight. Freezing. We burn up more calories trying to stay warm so who knows, we might lose another ounce that way! Hope you're having a good day. Keep your eye on the Prize.

Your WI tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a good loss. I'm adding 'food' this week. Coffee with single cream, here I come x

Last edited:
Wow it's cold tonight. Freezing. We burn up more calories trying to stay warm so who knows, we might lose another ounce that way! Hope you're having a good day. Keep your eye on the Prize. Your WI tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a good loss. I'm adding 'food' this week. Coffee with single cream, here I come x

I appear to have developed a cold. Feeling poo!!!

This weather is getting me down!

My food week is from tomorrow too. Protein and broccoli coming up lol

Back