JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

Wed 20th Jan

Got up late - only an hour before we were meeting someone for lunch so didn't have a proper breakie just had a ryvita with phili light.

Lunch - Vegetable soup with piece of seeded bread.

Tea - Pork meatballs in tomato sauce with baby spinach, cabbage & leek, pear.

2 krispbake rolls with phili light and cornichons.

Have brought to work a pouch of Lloyd Grossman chicken & veg soup and a slimfast snack bar. xx

How was the Lloyd Grossman soup Jan? I love his recipes, but never tried any of his products yet.

It was quite nice Mary - not much chicken in it though ... I prefer his carrot & coriander. xx

ohh,,you look as though you are doing really well Jan! Are you getting all excited about going away soon?

Hmmmm - I WAS doing okay - HUGE blip today though :eek: - I keep saying it but it's as if there's something in the air at the moment - I think you're the only one managing to keep completely on track just now Iris! ;)

I AM excited about going away - and if I'm honest a little nervous about going somewhere completely different and strange with someone I've never been away with before! I keep being told we're brave to go without men and they'll probably think we're prostitutes etc etc but I'm sure it'll be fine. These places make their money from tourism so it can't be that bad LOL!

My main worry right this minute is that none of my clothes are going to fit me!!!xx

Thurs 21st Jan

OH DEAR!!!

Very bad start to the day (well - end to my day, but you know what I mean ...... )
If I didn't have to go to my mother's it'd be so much easier!! Mind you if I had an 'off' switch it would also help.

So ... at Mum's on way home from work .... a rolo cookie, a bit off the end of a nimble crust with icbinb. Toasted bun with icbinb, 3 teaspoons of cheese coleslaw (?) and a cadbury's flake ..... SO - I thought to myself - I won't have any breakfast when I get home .. HAH!!!!
Breakie - 2 pieces of toast with clover - and a malted milk biscuit.

I was glad to be going to bed for the day, thinking I'd wake up 'over it' but I woke up thinking 'what can I have now' :eek:
Had 2 krispbake rolls with phili light & pickle and a pear

Decided as I had 'the munchies' I'd be better having a big meal than trying to restrict that too. So I did Halibut (which I've never had before and will never have again ..... far too 'FISHY'), left over cabbage & leek, a tin of ratatouille and I had a bag of sweet potato chunks with garlic & herbs in the freezer so we had those too. After that I had another pear, and later on a couple of pickles and a baby beetroot. Oh yeah - and a yawye snack fruit & nut pack.

I've brought to work - a tin of 3 bean & tomato soup (thinking it might be quite substantial), a piece of bread to toast to have with it, a pear (I'll be looking like a pear!) an 'eat natural' kiddies snack and I've also thrown in a cupasoup just in case. Don't know if I'll be able to keep away from the choc that's here tonight :(
Forgot to say - had 2 choc werthers sweets last night.

Ho Hum!! :eek: xx

Last edited:
Oh Jan, definitely something in the air right now. I just cant seem to stop thinking about food!

Pickles and beetroot......whats with this, that was my craving last night too!

I think its getting so close to your little holiday that your brain is relaxing and this might be why you have been picking today. I also know where you are at with your picking like the 3 teaspoons of cheese coleslaw.......I hit the peanut butter jar the other night with a knife! Not literally.

Lets hope the wind blows the opposite direction tomorrow and we can all get back on track.

I think we go for pickles and beetroot coz we can 'get away with' eating lots of those for not many calories.

That reminds me of a time when my sone rang me worried because his girlfriend (now wife) was passing blood. I said she MUST go to the doctors. When I rang to see how she was, she hadn't been to the docs because she'd remembered that all she'd eaten the day before was 2 jars of beetroot! LOL! .... I've never gone quite THAT far! :):)

You may be right about it getting near my trip .... it's a bugger though :eek: ... hope that wind DOES change!

It's nearly a year since I started talking to you Mary. I believe it was 12th Feb ;) xx

Yeah, I agree that we go for the lower calorie options ie, the pickles and beetroot, and laughing at the story with the beetroot and your DIL, she must have been worried sick at the time though.

Oh my goodness, yes you are right Jan, its nearly a year we have been talking - thats scary how quickly that year has flown.

add 4 chocs to that long list :( xx

Awww..Jan; I hope the wind changes! I think Mary has hit the nail on the head with the holiday thing and relaxing.

I do that too, even although I know I should be controlling myself for the holiday, but not sure if it is a stress thing but then I eat and just go silly, but yet weeks beforehand been great and then the nearer the holiday the worst I get!! Might just be something in that.

This thing with your mum is a habit Jan!!!!! I know you know that, but you need to maybe so something different, change the pattern and eventually it will become a good habit and you wont pick so much! Well, that is my theory.

Hope you have a better day!!!!!

Yeah - habits are hard to break :sigh: x

I accept the habit comments - I've said before it's sort of a 'learned behaviour' ie Mother=food, but it goes hand in hand with my state of mind. Sometimes I can have nothing, other times it's like I have no control - but that's true at home as well.
Sometimes I wish I didn't have to go there - but at the same time I know there will come a time when I wish I was able to .... if ya see what I mean .... when all said and done it's all in MY control - though sometimes it doesn't feel like that! And I know you all know THAT feeling ;)

Fri 22nd Jan

Mum's - half piece nimble with icbinb 2 spoons coleslaw & an aero mini egg :(

Breakie - granola, blue&blackberries & skimmed milk and a slimfast snack bar.

Bed all day

Tea - Pouch of chilli with brocolli, leek & green beans.

Mum's - a pear, 2 spoons of coleslaw and 1 teaspoon on trifle.

Have brought to work - Lloyd Grossman carrot & coriander soup, a pear and a snack bar.

Feel more in control now. I intend to go back through my diaries to see if there's a pattern to this 'picking'. I have noticed that it seems to last a couple of days and then just subside so I'm wondering if it's hormonal and if so there should be a time pattern to it. I believe even after the menopause we still have that 'cycle' so that's what I'm looking for/wondering about. xx

Sat 23rd Jan

Breakie - well - had half a piece of nimble with icbinb at mum's. 2 pieces of bacon with one piece of bread, a pat of butter and a sachet of mayo at tescos and another piece of bread toasted with clover at home! :(

Bed all day

Tea - Smoked river cobbler, baked sweet potato, green beans and brocolli.

2 tsps egg & bacon sandwich filler

wine :eek: xx

In the big scheme of things Jan, you are doing ok......you dont eat masses and masses when you think about it!

Now, cant you eat at your mums and then not eat at home??? Is this possible?
Why dont you just have your brekkie at your mums and that is it! This might help you?

I know what you mean about it all being in our control, but sometimes we dont feel in control and there is the attitude that we cant be bothered...it is always so much hard work - eh!

But, I reckon you are doing ok. Good idea about going back and seeing if there is some sort of pattern. I am sure if there is, you will find it :)!!

Hang in there; you are still the queen of maintenance :)

In the big scheme of things Jan, you are doing ok......you dont eat masses and masses when you think about it!

Mmmmmm - sometimes ;)

Now, cant you eat at your mums and then not eat at home??? Is this possible?
Why dont you just have your brekkie at your mums and that is it! This might help you?

Yeah - good thought, I think that myself sometimes and then end up having something at home anyway! :eek:

I know what you mean about it all being in our control, but sometimes we dont feel in control and there is the attitude that we cant be bothered...it is always so much hard work - eh!

But, I reckon you are doing ok. Good idea about going back and seeing if there is some sort of pattern. I am sure if there is, you will find it :)!!

Well - funnily enough ..... having packed my last 4 'towels' because I sometimes have a few 'show' days after flying I only 'started' with something today! Most unusual but explains a lot! The body is a weird and wonderful thing!!

Hang in there; you are still the queen of maintenance :)

Hmmmm - not sure about that Iris - but I won't stop trying !!!! xxx

xxx

Sunday 24th Jan

Breakie - 2 weetabix, splenda, blue&blackberries & skimmend milk

Lunch - Tesco Lentil soup
eat well kids lunchie

3 teaspoons houmous & 2 spoons egg & bacon sandwich filler

Tea - baked salmon, roasted toms, courgettes & mushrooms

LOTS of v&cs

2 krispbakes & 2 oatcakes with houmous, phili light and pickles xx

Last edited:
Oh what I would do to have what you have eaten today ;-)!!!!:D

Yes the body is strange...I havent stopped since being on LT this time and I have the coil!!!!! eh ho...such is life :) I think my body, this time around has gone into meltdown; got everything you can think! It is all worth it though.

I have just noticed.....32 weeks you have been doing the maintenance...well, I am sure that is what I saw there on your signature! WAW.

Now, got a bone to pick with you Mrs!! Start taking compliments!!! You deserve them and you always try and poohoo them....dont! You have done so well and I really look up to you as I know others do. So, accept the compliments..I know have your up and down days, but at the end of the day you are still maintaining and havent gained all your weight again!!!!

Have a great week and do hope you have had a loss this week.

Take care

HaHa .... you're right Iris ... I don't 'do' compliments, not for myself. Like the rest of us I always feel I could be doing better and therefore don't deserve compliments but I know I'm not unique there!!!

Yes 32 weeks since I refed. 34 weeks since I came off TFR. Yes I should be really pleased and proud ... in some ways I am ... but on the whole I think it's the fact that I don't feel I have it under control that stops me feeling I deserve the compliments.

I know that doesn't really make sense but I think that's what it is.

Hope you have a good week too! xx

:wow: jan! 32 weeks on maintainence - over half a year! flippin eck woman - theres an achievement!!! :D :hug99: x

Back