January TS buddies

Hendricks - that's a marvellous result. :)

Day 5 for me, bit late to the party, but all is well. :)

Thanks everyone. I'm really pleased. And sat in my size 14 jeans. :D

I do expect it to slow down next week. I don't know if it's maybe because I put the extra weight on very quickly at the end of last year when I was having a horrible time at work and comfort main lining carbs. But then I had a good two to three stone to lose before that. And that's what I need to stay to work on now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's a reasonable expectation. losses on this type of diet are rarely consistent for no obvious reason (drives me bonkers!), but it is likely your body will not let the mass go easily. :)

Morning Peeps, welcome MD!

Roxi I bought a bumper mixed box, soups, bars, shakes. Had two flavours of bar fruit, nut,& tofeee and choc & orange, both really good and great after o much liquid! I am not a great fan of nuts in anything but in this bar its just a background flavour and is good.

Day 5 Wk 2 for me, had to make another Birthday cake last night to take into work...... mission accomplished. Just ahve to get it to work in one piece! lol
The next two days are the toughest for me as its so much harder when not at work, planning on a run in the morning so going to try and hold off with my first pack after that, the thought being that then I won't feel so hungry.....

:talk017: Happy Fridays all! x

Happy Friday Tiggy. I can't believe you're baking! I think that would be the end of me. I got so many wonderful cookbooks for Christmas and I am dying to try them out, but I don't think I can face it without trying a little bit. So I am putting my backing habit on hold until I can at least taste what I'm making.

Last week I was making the OH's dinner because he was working late (normally he cooks for himself at the minute) and a friend came over while I was doing it, I had to get her to check that the meal was properly seasoned for me. I really hate cooking without being able to taste test things.

Week three day two here and I seem to be getting into the swing of doing social things without food or drink. Last night I went to the pub for my best friend's birthday (mineral water), tonight I am going to dinner at an old friend's new house (mineral water) and tomorrow the OH's brother and girlfriend are coming over for lunch then we're going to the zoo (mineral water). I am SO dull at the minute.

Last edited:
Good morning all - well I'm sat here ready to fall asleep, am in hospital with my daughter while she has a procedure, she's 25 and having some strange pain killing injections (she's okay), but it's so quiet and quite warm and I just keep yawning and want to go to sleep :(

Later when I take her home I'm staying for the afternoon to play with my two grandsons who are 2 and 1 and when my granddaughter (4) comes home from school I'm taking her to my house for the weekend. Hubby is on nights today and tomorrow so me and Kaitlyn can have girly time together, I'm taking her to the hairdressers with me tomorrow and she's having her first hair cut, she's got a head full of curly long hair so she's getting a trim but is having it washed and blow dried, she's very excited.

Dietwise is all much the same, think I'll try one of the meals tonight as they've been delivered, any recommendations? Was thinking of having the chilli, fancy something with a bit of spice. Am looking forward to weigh in on Monday, hope to have lost a couple of pounds at least :fingerscrossed:

Oh my good luck with the run Tiggy, I'm halfway through reading Run fat ***** run by ruth field and its funny and simple but i think i might actually give running *cough* well walking with maybe a speeded up spring in my step, a go, have you been running long?

Wow Hendricks its great your resolve is so strong, boring plain old water might be it's obviously working well

Welcome Miss D :)
Still 100% on here, and enjoying it in a weird way, i feel better and my energy has picked right up so definitely in ketosis, moods bloody good too :) Hope the scales agree with this positive trend. Good luck for the weekend guys, its always the hardest, really lucky that me and hubby are both doing the diet, although he'll finish waaaay before me as he loses loads faster and has half as much to lose as me :( he always seems to get it easy haha

Hendricks, it has been a challenge but as it was to go to work it made it easier....
Katie sounds like you have a great weekend planned with your granddaughter, hope it all goes to plan. Will be interested to know what the chilli is like when you have tried it.
Jellybellies, I love that book the work colleague that I run with has been reading it. I have run on and off for about 15 years but have had just about two years off as I had reactive arthritis in both ankles, which left both of my achilles damaged have spent the last year trying to build up again. had got back to 3 miles x 3 a week, then had a cold, virus, new job and now back to square one! So having the work colleague to get running has been great for both of us. I do hold a UK Athletics level 1 coach award too. The arthritis thing was what led me to putting on most of the weight! Grrrrrrr

Onwards and downwards! lol

Hope everyone has had a good friday, I still have been 100%! :angeldevil:

Thanks Tiggy. Much appreciated. Had a banana shake this afternoon and really enjoyed it. Now I can't decide between hot chocolate, vanilla latte or chilli for tea ? x

PS I was dreading the weekend. It's going to be so hard to be 100%. Volunteered for overtime to keep busy. Think I will have to get my ass to the gym to keep me busy too x

Roxi... double bubble, keeps you busy and you earn! :D

Tiggy sorry but I can't advise yet on the chilli as my daft son has left my deliveries in work again! I have them delivered to his workplace as there is always someone in....would just help if he brought them home :rolleyes:

Have just put my granddaughter to bed so am about to have my vanilla coffee and a bar - it's been an awful water day today so need to drink a couple of pints of that too. Apart from that am still focussed and wasn't bothered when all here had a takeaway for dinner, I just sat happily with my hot choc.

Am going to go to the gym on Sunday, it's only been a year lol, just going to go on the treadmill, do some weights and then have a nice swim.

Morning all!
Hoped to do a 3 mile run this morning and was unsure whether to have a shake before or after, decided to go with after as thought I would be ravenous afterwards! mistake, after 3/4 mile I just felt totally drained and lethargic so made the decision to go home. Tough decision but will retry tomorrow but have a shake first, hopefully that will give me the energy to do 3 miles. By the time I got home I had done 1.2 miles so I guess that was better than nothing. Took dogs for a long walk as wanted to try and build some endurance am now having my shake! Bliss, even though its my least favourite flavour!

Katie.. Boo to forgetful sons!

Week 2 day 6 for me today, still been 100%

Hi ladies!

Haven't checked in for a while as I seemed to lose sight of this thread on my phone! Anyways got it back now!

Wk2 Day6 for me too - had a sneaky weigh in this morn and so far this week I've only lost 1/2lb! I was absolutely gutted :( I've been doing that new total plus plan where you add in 100cals of veg to your evening meal.

Ho hum! I think I'll quit the veg for the next two days and see what news Monday brings for official WI day.

Great to see everyone is still with us - good luck to you all over the weekend!

Anna

Week two is always slower Anna. It'll pick up again next week. Just stay focused drink lots of water and try and go for a 20min walk each day.

If it makes you feel better, I weighed this morning and I've put on 0.8lbs since my second weigh in. I know it's just water, but I'm not expecting to lose anything this week at all after the last two weeks high loses.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi can I join please?
Day 15 for me but had a couple of blips due to illness but back on 100%
have about 10 stone to lose in total but my goal for January is to lose 1st 7lbs....though anything over a stone will be nice ;-)
Start weight: 22st 5lbs
Goal for this month: 20st 12lbs
Lost so far: 7lbs (21st 12lbs)

Hi Plym and welcome Good to hear that you've managed to get back on track.

had a right food day today but I haven't touched any, by the time I'd fed the dog his scrambled egg & sausage and fed my granddaughter the 50 things she must have eaten today (including a Manchester tart which is my fave amongst cakes) - all I've had up to now is water and (allowed) cordial.

Am am hoping that my son brings my food packs home from work as I'm still wanting to try the chilli - has anyone any good advice how best to make it or is it simply best to follow the instructions?

hope everyone is having a good Saturday

And I I almost forgot.....I'M FREEZING!!

Hi Plym, you have about the same as me to lose and a similar starting weight too, well done getting back on track :D

Wow Katie your dog eats better than my kids haha kidding of course ;)
what is a manchester tart? A cake i never knew existed.. can't be hehe. mmm i love talking about food whilst doing this diet i know it's weird but it works for me.

Hubby gets cold when in ketosis, hope it doesn't last, and well done for staying so strong already this weekend.

Tiggy, At least you went out and tried thats pretty massive with all the factors to stop you, the weather, the lack of calories on this diet, if your anything like me the needing the wee every 5 mins haha..
I actually took the dog for a long brisk walk today and loved it so hopefully this is the very beginnings of my running future, small steps ;)

Edited to add :_ OOh just googled manchester tart and they sound lush! yummmyyy hehe

Last edited:
Week two is always slower Anna. It'll pick up again next week. Just stay focused drink lots of water and try and go for a 20min walk each day. If it makes you feel better, I weighed this morning and I've put on 0.8lbs since my second weigh in. I know it's just water, but I'm not expecting to lose anything this week at all after the last two weeks high loses. Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Hendricks! I do feel better after reading some of the other threads on the forum and noticing a lot of others in the same position :)

Weight loss is never going to be easy and as long as it's going in the general right direction then I shouldn't worry!

You are doing fab! Keep it up! I fitted into my size 16 tops today - good times!

Hi Plym and welcome Good to hear that you've managed to get back on track. had a right food day today but I haven't touched any, by the time I'd fed the dog his scrambled egg & sausage and fed my granddaughter the 50 things she must have eaten today (including a Manchester tart which is my fave amongst cakes) - all I've had up to now is water and (allowed) cordial. Am am hoping that my son brings my food packs home from work as I'm still wanting to try the chilli - has anyone any good advice how best to make it or is it simply best to follow the instructions? hope everyone is having a good Saturday And I I almost forgot.....I'M FREEZING!!

Manchester Tarts!!!!!!! Oh my......they are amazing coconutty jammy custardy goodness! Mmmmm! Now you've made my mouth water!! Hehe!

Back