January TS buddies

Evening lovelies. I'm freezing cold tonight, so I've had a super long bath and I'm curled up with a hotwater bottle. I've done the online shop for the other half and I think I might head off to bed soon. Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow Charlie Brown and well done to everyone else.

I managed to cycle again today, it's definitely getting easier.

Hendricks I said to hubby earlier did he want to go for a bike ride, he said yes ok so I told him I was only joking! Lol am not going near my bike till I've lost at least another stone, it's way too hilly around here, think I'd die if I got on it at the moment :eek:

Good on you for getting out there on yours.

I've had a lovely hot shower and applied a face pack so I feel all fresh and nice. The next 3 days in work are going to be really busy, working days and evenings on each of the days so am looking forward to Friday already as I'm having an earlier finish.

Just had a lovely FaceTime with one of my sons, he's in the RAF and he's going to Afghanistan on Wednesday for four months - I've not told him that I'm dieting so all being well he'll see a big difference in me when I next see him.

Peggy hope you get through the next few days without harming man or beast - think we should all get a punchbag, could vent our feelings at the same time as getting some exercise :eek:

Am loving all the losses that everyone is posting, it's very inspiring, let's keep it up all xx

Hendricks, well done on the bike ride, I now fully appreciate how much that takes out of you. I've been selling all sorts of stuff thats lying around the house to finance a new mountain bike for myself, I'm up to about £150 so far a fair way to go yet!
Katie, great you had a long chat with your son he will be amazed when you get back even more incentive. x

I am feeling the cold again the last couple of days have had to resort to a small hot water bottle at my desk at work, though I think thats mostly because it is very cold in the office a lot sit there with blankets huddled around them. So I kind of consider that I am doing well to only now be succumbing to the hot water bottle! lol

Any of you that have done this before what are your tips for adding the extra calories for week 4? Its fast approaching.......!!!!

Thanks everyone, Katie I am indeed on cloud nine. It feels great to have the 15's in my sights!
PeggySue hang on in there. Just think of the amazing results the week after.
Congrats everyone on your losses. We're gonna really enjoy this summer when we're all at our target weights! All this talk of bike riding and running is really getting me motivated to step up my exercise routine! Just debating to myself if I should to Mon Wed Fri at the gym or Tue Thur Sat? Motivation behind that is I used to burn up about 500 cals a session so that must have an impact on weekly results surely!
Just cooked some liver for the dogs and can't believe I actually thought it smelled nice :eek:
Have a great (and successful) Tuesday everyone :) xx

I was excited about weighing in this morning but my scales had other ideas! I shall be going for a long walk later to collect some batteries :D

Everyone is doing so well tho, I'm so impressed at how well you're all doing and how well, you're all managing to be 100%!

Morning my January loss lovelies, Well i've mapped a route for my exercise, its 3.29 miles from door to door, it's got two brutal hills in it and i walked it today, i'd like to say fast but with a double pushchair and having just finished work it took me an hour!! but i feel really good for it now, very glad i did it, and i now have a time to beat.

For the add calories week I had small chicken breast or tuna (in spring water) with lettuce and cucumber, and cod fillet with broccolli and cauliflower, didn't take me out of ketosis (thank heavens) but upped my cals, or i know on lighterlife they do milk week instead cos if you're likely to struggle to not keep eating, so basically you make all your shakes with milk for the week instead of water.

My only wish with this diet is that you didn't get death breath... i can cope with most other things but the death breath is killer!

Aaw Tiggy it's the opposite in our offices at work, I get soo hot in there it's stifling, but whenever i open a window the others complain (albeit quietly and not to me hehe) and close it again :(

Piggysue, i'm the same when its totm and i can't eat makes me very emotional!!

Tiggy I can't help with the added food week as I've never done that, I'd probably recommend chicken and leafy veg though.

Charlie Brown I hope you get a good loss when you get the batteries in :)

JB that's a great walk, well done. I've been using an app to log my food and exercise and yesterday I downloaded a great free app called map my walk, you can put your statistics in and then switch it on when you go for a walk and it logs your journey including the gradients and works out the calories you've used.

i started work at 9 today and will prob be working till 10pm and I've forgotten to bring a bar with me so it's going to be 10:30 before I get anything to eat today, fool I am!

Oh no Katie that's not good, thank god for ketosis tho? doesnt make it as difficult just mental torture hehe.
I tried uhm strava app i think it is, and it does the same as you just said but i set it to go when i left thinking it wa doing its thing in my pocket but actually it just timed me and said it couldn't connect to the gps to track it :( had to map it myself when i got home to double check distance... might try the app you said hopefully its more reliable!

Thanks for the tips guys, awesome walk pushing a double buggy JB! Serious work out! The strava app is really good, just takes a bit of getting used to. I guess I would rather be in an office that is cold, at least I can add layers, water bottle blankets! Some of my colleagues look as if they are sitting in outer Siberia!!! lol

Katie... feel for u I am paranoid about making sure my bar is in my bag in the mornings, I know one day I will forget it.

Hurray am home and fed :) It wasn't too bad as only ever have my first pack of the day at around 6pm and then a hot shake and a bar at around 8:15 so at least my body wasn't expecting it from lunchtime and for the last couple of days I've drank loads of water too, am getting there with it!

Morning everyone. Weigh in day today and I've lost 3lb, not massive but I knew week 2 would be about 3 or 4. When I did LL I lost 3 one week then 4 the next and that went on for 3stone. I have quite a day planned today namely climbing the the med steps of the rock of Gibraltar, so I will let you all know if I survive that.

Enjoy your day and stay strong.

Peggy x

Well done Katie for surviving work without your bar! lol

Great kick-off Piggy Sue enjoy your step climbing mission today, hope its dry and sunny for you!

Week 3 day 3 onwards to work.

Team January are awesome!!:grouphugg:

:(I'm not well - yesterday my throat was burning and I've got up today and it's so sore, my chest feels tight, got a headache, nose is blocked and I'm coughing --- does anyone know what I can take? Can I have something like beechams cold & flu capsules without it taking me out of ketosis?

Piggy thats a great loss well done, just think of the 6 blocks of butter you've lost :D

Well done Peggy that's great. Good luck with the step climb. I need to get moving! ;)
Katie, poor you! It must be hard doing this when you feel so poorly. Am not sure what you can take. Think the pills would be ok. I was thinking about this the other day for some reason and I don't think hot lemons would be ok as I'm sure they have citric acid in but the pills might be ok. Hope your better soon.
Good luck on another 100% day folks. We can do it :) x

Afternoon guys, another mad day here had to suffer the supermarket for the kids food shopping as i got distracted whilst doin the shopping online and forgot to complete the order! doh!! It wasn't quite as bad as i imagined, but up near the bakery part, the smell of fresh bread was hypnotising.

Well done on the loss piggy :) Good luck climbing the steps, altho i'm sure you're already done by now and patting yourself on the back :)

oh no Katie that's the last thing you need, Hope your feeling better really soon!

I have no energy today, and i can feel the ache up the front of my legs after yesterday so least i have proof it did something good, today i just went on my exercise bike for half an hour, couldn't face another lap round my circuit today, so counting today as a "rest day" lol

Evening all, sorry your not well Katie, would imagine iburofen would be ok but only with/after a shake or bar. Hope you recover quickly x
Good going Jellybabies, and rest days are just as important especially when exercising with a VLCD.

Another 100% day done.... I am quite hungry today and assuming thats because I am exercising whilst being on restricted calories. Did another 1.2 miles with my work colleague this evening and plan to run again with her Fri night, and hopefully a 3miler for myself at the weekend. Do or die! lol
Plan is next week to haul out the rowing machine.....:D

Hope everyone is going ok! x

Tiggy you're doing so well with your running! :wow:

Got it home from work at about 8:30 and then had a FaceTime chat with my son who set off 20 mins ago for 4 months in Afghanistan, missing him already lol.

Had a semi good diet day as I haven't drank anywhere near enough water - going to have to stop doing that!

((Katie)) I would be the same, my son lives in Cornwall and I only see him once or twice a month, thats bad enough... can't imagine 4 months. :(
On the flip side...... he won't recognise you by the time he gets back!! :D

Hope everyone is good.... Wk3 day 4 here!

I'm impressed at you climbing the rock in Gibraltar on this diet! And I'm sure that cold & flu tablets will be fine (but not ibprofen as you don't have enough in your stomach to protect the lining of your stomach).

And when I got the scales working again, I had lost 8lbs! so I am dead pleased :))

Back