Jayne's maintenance diary (at last)

Reading this brings back some very sad memories :(
It's been 17 months now and I still can't believe it is real.
Life didn't get much easier for a while I'm afraid, shortly after my sister died I found out that I was pregnant but miscarried a week after my sisters funeral and I was at a very low ebb. Things took a turn for the better when I discovered in April 2011 that I was pregnant again and I was due on Christmas day!! It was nice to have something to look forward to coming up to the first anniversary of the awful time that my sister died. Well my little boy arrived 3 weeks early on 3rd December and he is a little ray of sunshine for our family, he's just adorable at 5 months old now and puts a smile on all of our faces, we obviously still have very sad times but I now have a reason to be happy again.
Roughly a stone to lose to get back into my clothes but it's coming off steadily :) I'm doing a mixture of slim fast and lt maintenance xx
Oh and thank you for your kind messages - sorry I didn't respond at the time, life was just too much x

Jayne, how terribly hard and sad life can be. There is no way round it, only to plough on through the darkness and hope things will brighten sometime. For you, those dark times brightened in the loveliest of ways with the arrival of your beautiful baby. He can never replace your sister taken all too soon but he shows the cycle of life does go on.
Take care and continued strength for those sad days that still will come.
Well done on getting back in charge of your diet too. Hopefully you will be at goal soon.

Thanks Molly!! How are you??
Definitely happier times for us now, have just had to take things step by step but we're getting there. I'm off work on maternity leave until January which is most welcome :)

Hi Jayne!! It's lovely to hear from you again. It must have been dreadful to suffer a miscarriage at such an awful time - just to prove things actually COULD get worse!! So glad to see that you were blessed with a little ray of sunshine eventually though. You'll never get over your loss but you WILL learn to live with it - it WILL get easier as time goes by I promise.
Good for you only being a stone from goal after everything!! That's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Hope you're going to stick around :) x

Well......
I'm going to TFR. I've got 6 weeks to do. I am currently 12st7. I want to be 11st really. Im going to a wedding at the beginning of August so Im starting this coming Monday to give me time for TFR and refeed. I don't know how much weight I put on when I was pregnant, I'm presuming a lot because I've shrank considerably since and still have a fair bit to go :/ oh well I am determined.
You'll see me around more now, I think I have my frame of mind back xx

Good luck with your TFR stint. Jan, Tanya and yourself are all looking to shift the same amount of weight so you will be a great support to each other. Looks like the maintenance section will be a serious TFR section for the next month or two. By August you'll all be skinnyminnies.

Hi Jayne :)

Good luck with the TFR! I'll be eagerly following you and waiting for the lbs to fall off as Im sure they will :)

x

Back