Jayne's maintenance diary (at last)

that's what I'm hoping........

Totally understand the need for a quick fix to lose the pounds gained. Don't beat yourself up over it. It is very hard to keep on track all the time. Once we tend towards putting on weight, it is always a battle to keep it at bay. Look at the positive side of this. You put on some weight whilst the BF was back and instead of letting the slide continue, you have decided to address the problem while it is still manageable. Whether you use TFR or any other method, that is your own choice and one you must be happy with.
I am sure the dress for the xmas party will look lovely on you once you drop those few pounds again.

Hey missy you are not a failure!!!!!!!!!x

I have been at Maintaining since a year past April, and its no mean feat to keep the weight off and eat sensibly, and like you say, sometimes when we eat, we just want to eat everything in sight.

I always have about half a stone gain on holiday, and at the moment, I too am up around 11 stone. I have had a couple of short episodes on TFR since April 09, but I cant stick to it since losing my original weight.

Its nothing to be ashamed of to try it, to have a quick fix, but like you know, the maintenance is the harder part, especially if your brain isnt 100% into it.

You will get there in the end, and if it means a few short bouts on TFR, I cant see that doing you any harm.

I am going to WW on Tuesday just to get the new plan, so I can use that for future reference on a healthy eating plan.

Thank you girls for all of your advice and encouragement. It's so nice to have you all for advice and to confess too :-D
TFR is going really well, I don't have too much bother with sticking to it and the weight is coming off nicely. I have to start a refeed again on Sunday and will see how the week goes after that. As I said I'm going away for a week but I'll try to be careful with what I eat, tho I know alcohol will be involved ;-)
If I need it I will TFR again for "the dress" :) but only if I'm desperate. It's a small dress tho so can't afford to be carrying any extra pounds lol. Thank you all again xx

Always nice to hear an update from you chick. I'm sure you'll have a fun week away enjoy yourself :) then back to the grapevine for that dress :giggle: xx

Yes I'm loving the dress. Don't leave muchto the imagination tho :eek: - gives me excellent incentive to behave on the eating front :eek:
I've been on night shift for half of this week and now I'm wrecked. We are getting a garage built at the minute so I've had builders banging round outside (also all our cement is in the hallway cos said garage is not built yet to store stuff in :eek:). Also phone calls galore and people calling round for quotes. Pft, I am a great sleeper normally after night shift, I really do pity those who have difficulty sleeping :(
On a great note, weighed self today, 11st1. I start refeed on Sunday, hoping (maybe not too unrealistically) that I may get to below 11st? If so, I'll be in my target weight range that I've set for myself :D - it's just bloody staying there that's the problem. Think an ideal weight for the dress would be 10st10 so will have to keep the head straight ;)
Hope you all have a lovely weekend xx

Well done Jayne! ... I don't think you're being unrealistic to think you may lose another pound or two on refeed - people do!

You're right that it's staying there that's the problem **sigh** it's a constant vigil but worth it really.

I'm sure you'll look fab in THE dress - I hope we're going to see some photies!! :D xx

Yep - I'm sure you can lose atleast another lb on refeed :) x

I jolly hope so - I'm pleased with what I've lost so far so it's not a disaster if the extra lb doesn't disappear - would just be a bonus!!!
Yes I shall post a pic of me in dress, you'll have to excuse me if I'm a bit tipsy looking tho lol xx
Today has been fine so far on TFR, have to go buy some salad in a bit for the start of refeed tomorrow xx

Lots of luck with the refeed this week. Your weigh in was a great result and you will be smokin in that dress. Well done on doing so well with all that you have going on, builders, busy work. It's a lot to cope with together with TFR and now a refeed, so good for you.

Hi everyone
Sorry been awol again for a while. Was on my road trip there for a week, and have had a busy week at home.
Well, my week away really would have busted the diet if I'd been concerned about it.
I went to the hospital 2 days before I went away and they've found that I had polycystic ovaries and a tumour on my left ovary so I was quite upset about it all :(. Luckily my blood tests have come back normal but I still have to get an operation to have the tumour removed and get it tested :(. At the same time I'm also having ovarian drilling done - this is all happening on 13th December so looks like I'm gonna be laid up for a while.
So, basically the diet was put on the back burner for a while. I've been good for this past week though and weighed in today at 11st5, I'd like to get a couple more lbs off before the dress wearing on 10th December, but most important thing is to stay healthy I guess (she says planning a drinking binge on 10th lol)

Hi jan
i used to follow your threads during the summer when i went on lipotrim for four weeks. i lost 2 stone and was delighted with how i felt, i did no exercise during this time. alot of the people around me were negative towards the diet but i felt it was the best diet i went on as i nevr once touched chocolate (my downfall), i felt i couldnt there was good self control. dont get me wrong i loves to smell it but never broke out, it was a tough four weeks but the results were fast which i liked. however i went back to work (teacher) and began refeeding and slowly went back into my old habits even thoguh i joined a gym and still go 5 times...i have binged on and off and am now up one stone and a half!!! hate myself for it...would go back on lipotrim if i could but i need more energy for working with the kids and dont want people in work to know im on it...we all have same lunch! im just really frustrated with my self and im looking into gastric balloon. any advice...i know u have done so well

Sorry to hear you have been going through the mill lately, you poor thing. Hope things get much better for you once you have had the necessary treatment.

Hi Jayne - you've been missed! Really sorry to hear about your 'bits' ;) ... I'm sure it'll all be fine but it's b*gger while you have to go through it I know! :eek: ***hugs*** xxx

'havetodoit' - you must find the way that works best for you. I'd have thought though that LT wouldn't be any more 'tiring' than the small amount you'd be able to eat with a GB. In fact most people are full of energy on LT. Good Luck xx

Jayne you poor pet. That is a real eye opener for you and you must have had quite a fright. I had the very same experience some years ago and in the end had to have the op for the tumour too but it was not all as traumatic as I feared at the time. Just think how much fitter you are now since doing TFR , so you will be going into hospital in good shape and will recover in double quick time.
Try not to worry too much and enjoy your night on the 10th.
Sending lots of positive thoughts in your direction.

Ah Jane sorry to hear what you are going through :( I hope everything goes ok for you & bloody enjoy that binge drinking sesh on the 10th ;) x

Yo missy!
Did you have a good time? xxx

Hi girls
I won't be round much. My op went ok but have had to fly to England. My poor darling little sister got swine flu and it had destroyed her body. She's had total organ failure, all machines are keeping her alive. Her brain is swollen, and she's now got septicaemia. Her heart stopped for 10 minutes so if she lives she may have significant brain damage. My family is going through hell on earth. The docs have said there is nothing more they can do, she has to start fighting now or she'll die. They told us we need a miracle. Please pray for her, she needs all the prayers she can get.

Aw Jayne :(
I will keep your sister in my thoughts & will certainly pray for her. I hope you are keeping ok with what's going on. Remember were always around if you need a shoulder or an ear :hugs99:

Lots of love & thoughts to you and your family xxx

Back