Jeans

xeilidhx

Gold Member
Bit of a breakthrough tonight...got back into a pair of jeans!!

When I think this through, they should have probably been chucked long ago, they're about 5-6 years old and I got them when I lost weight. They were my "skinny" jeans, slouchy size 14s that I loved (river island). I've never spent so much on jeans since. Well, after that I lost more weight and took great delight that my "skinny" jeans were big!! So they were my "I thought I was skinny then" jeans. Over a while, they fitted again, until before Xmas-BAM- they no longer fastened :( however,today they're slightly snug but they're on!! :D

Maybe I should chuck them now...

Wear them till you grow out of them then give them to a charity shop for some other lucky lady to enjoy!! I have a similar pair and they fit now and I know I will be loathed to part with them when they get too big but I will be strong, lol!!! Mind you no one will want them as they are about to fall apart!!! LOL!

Today they go on, and i can pull the waist out a few inches. Woohoo!

I got into some size 10 New Look Jeans this morning that havent fit for a couple of years! Well chuffed!

Supertonic said:
Nothing quite like a pair of old jeans - wear 'em out! Good for you!

Hi hope you don't mind me joining your thread, but all this talk of old jean... I binned my thinking i'd never wear jeans again, but after 2 weeks on the Dukan diet and 9lb loss starting to wish I'd kept them.

NEVER throw your favourite jeans away!!! I have kept all of my favourites and now only have the size 14 ones left in the cupboard to fit into - can't wait!!! LOL ! Well done on the loose size 14's !!!!

trudyc said:
NEVER throw your favourite jeans away!!! I have kept all of my favourites and now only have the size 14 ones left in the cupboard to fit into - can't wait!!! LOL ! Well done on the loose size 14's !!!!

Good for you, hope by july I'll be were I need to be ( comfortable size 14 ) and bring it on .... think I'll buy all the jeans in all the colours lol !!!!

sididd said:
Good for you, hope by july I'll be were I need to be ( comfortable size 14 ) and bring it on .... think I'll buy all the jeans in all the colours lol !!!!

I'm definitely buying all the bright ones at tw! Just had an awesome discovery-they're 12s!! Must be big 12s but that's brightened up my STS!

xeilidhx said:
I'm definitely buying all the bright ones at tw! Just had an awesome discovery-they're 12s!! Must be big 12s but that's brightened up my STS!

Well I'm off shopping again more Asparagus and heaven knows how many muller yogurts and pickled onions they the only thing keeping me going. Just hope I'm not tempted this weekend by the big bag rose wine devil ;-()

sididd said:
Well I'm off shopping again more Asparagus and heaven knows how many muller yogurts and pickled onions they the only thing keeping me going. Just hope I'm not tempted this weekend by the big bag rose wine devil ;-()

Hope u dont eat too many mullers!!

Zoesastar said:
Hope u dont eat too many mullers!!

I'm eating 3 a day do you think that's too many?

sididd said:
I'm eating 3 a day do you think that's too many?

Theyre only really tollerated so 3 a day is probably way too many! They have lots of sugar in them!

I ate half a weight watchers vanilla yogurt this morning and that was naughty for me!

Zoesastar said:
Theyre only really tollerated so 3 a day is probably way too many! They have lots of sugar in them!

I ate half a weight watchers vanilla yogurt this morning and that was naughty for me!

Oopps thanks for that info, shame to spoil the last two weeks for yogurts mmmm just bought 18 looks like they going to last a while.

SilverSilph said:
All my old clothes are home in Ireland....all I have here is stuff that is now too big :D

Only problem with that is I don't want to buy new jeans because I'm not even half way through my weight-loss :confused:

But to buy a smaller pair of jeans would boost your confidence and make you feel your on your way to your target.

There's nothing like old jeans to make it crystal clear the body has changed! I, too have "fat pants" that then became my "not fat pants" so my new pants could takeover the starring role.

I have learned not to rush the shimmying into past fat pants though. I've got them lined up, knocking them down, one by one. However, rushing the lineup and smooching into too thin fat pants is not good for the psyche. Nothing worse than looking all sausage like, right when feeling so accomplished. Hence, my rather strict line up and no more trying out for a role I'm not yet ready for.

Congrats on your baggy waist! We need a shrinking fat pants smilie!

Joydriven said:
There's nothing like old jeans to make it crystal clear the body has changed! I, too have "fat pants" that then became my "not fat pants" so my new pants could takeover the starring role.

I have learned not to rush the shimmying into past fat pants though. I've got them lined up, knocking them down, one by one. However, rushing the lineup and smooching into too thin fat pants is not good for the psyche. Nothing worse than looking all sausage like, right when feeling so accomplished. Hence, my rather strict line up and no more trying out for a role I'm not yet ready for.

Congrats on your baggy waist! We need a shrinking fat pants smilie!

I cannot believe it !!!! Another 2lb off I'm loving this diet :) Just need to loose 3lb for my first stone ....... then I too can have " fat pants ".

I did try on 2 pairs of pants today in the shops. One exercise pair and one pair of jeans, both size12.
The exercise pair were perfect, maybe even a lil too big! And the jeans I could get into and close but that's as far as I got. I've another 2ish inches to lose before they'll look good.

But considering my current jeans are River Island size 18s I think that's a pretty huge accomplishment :D And the jeans I bought here in Seattle a year ago are a size 16!

Back