Jim's lazy Atkins diary

Ha ha Susie - that conjures up a picture x

Just to let you know Jim - I put a couple of pictures of the cat flap on my diary as you said you couldn't picture it x

Morning all, another lovely day out there. Can you believe there were people moaning in the pub last night about the heat and saying it was too hot? I mean really.

No knotted handkerchief or deck chair here girls. LOL will an England Cricket hat suffice :)

OK off to view must see cat flap pictures.

Jim, some of us wilt in the heat - you obviously blossom like a flower ;) x

Morning all, stunning weekend, fantastic cricket, so close I was on the edge of my seat most of yesterday morning. The weather was beautiful and best of all no crisis on either front from the elderly relatives. :)

Perfect weekend then, Jim - I heard the cricket was pretty exciting, a friend emailed me to say it was a good time to be a Brit in Australia :)

Good for you Jim - you needed a weekend without crisis x

Morning all, we're off to Sutton Park for the day, picnic packed, stale bread for the ducks, and Olivia raring to go. :) Aunty Eleanor and Mad Max the choccie Lab are meeting us there later.

Morning all it was lovely, we were forced home by the heat mid afternoon, it just got hotter and hotter but it was really nice. I had a disaster though, I don't know if it was the heat or just age and heavy use but my Kindle ebook died on me, well the screen did anyway, it's all fractals and pixilated. I've checked up on replacing the screen, but that's 3 weeks and £70, for £109 i can get a new kindle paper white in 4 days, so I've ordered one. The good news is that all the books on the old one are backed up with Amazon, so as soon as the new one arrives I'll register it and download them again. I've got them on my Fire HD as well, but reading that outside in the sun is just too hard.

I know what you mean Jim - I've got the fire HD but it will never replace my cheapie kindle - I just put it in my bag and take it everywhere - takes up next to no room at all and is easy to hold - love it x

I see I haven't posted in a while, but Jack is in Hospital again

Morning all,

not a good weekend, Jack is still in hospital and we've been visiting him twice a day. There is a bit of an impasse at the moment, the hospital want to send him to a hospice, he is adamant he's not going and wants to go home to die. We feel like piggy in the middle. Colleen has gone to work today, but we'll go to the hospital when I pick her up. Personally I wish they'd just let him go home, it's what he wants and I feel he should be allowed to die in his own home if he feels so strongly about it.

He's hooked up to several drips at the moment, one a steroid antibiotic of some sort and the other is I think for rehydration. I think as soon as he comes of those he'll go, I hope so for his sake.

Meanwhile, I need to go and spend some time with my Mum, she's been neglected whilst all this was going on.

Oh Jim big hugs, it's all happening.

I agree, they should let your dad go home, if that's what he wants (and I can't say I blame him). And all the best for your mum too xxx

Morning all, Thanks Susie, it's my FIL though.

No change in the situation, we're not having Olivia today in case they do decide to discharge him home or he discharges himself. We're off to his house to clean it up in either case.

What strange weather, hot torrential rain storms, reminds me of the Far east and my days in HK, Singers and Johor Bahru

Yep the weather is very tropical, isn't it! Soooo humid here now.

And sorry, I meant to type FiL - my brain is going to mush (not for the first time).

Morning all,

Jack is being discharged this morning, he's going home even if the Hospital is not happy about it. he forced them into it by constantly ripping out the drip and IV feeds. So we're off to the Hospital and I'll leave Colleen there and go on to the house and open all the windows and stuff to give it a good airing. The prognosis for him is he has weeks left to live now, not months, but i wouldn't be surprised if he confounds them again and lives much longer, his body just won't give up.

Sounds as though your father in law will be happier and more comfortable at home Jim, difficult times , hope all goes well

Back