Jim's lazy Atkins diary

Sorry to hear about your broken toes Jim - just as well the cricket was on or you would be crawling the walls. We went to Cornwall for the folk weekend (19th July) and my mate and I did an overnighter this week - down on Tuesday and back on Wednesday - good night though, plenty of music and guinness x

Morning all,

Sounds like you're having a great time Gem, good for you love.

Cheryl, I woke up in the night needing a pee, half asleep and didn't put the light on as I didn't want to wake Colleen, coming back to bed I kicked the leg of the bed really hard and screamed, so i'd have been better putting the light on anyway. :(

Oh no Jim! Things we do to allow our better halves to sleep lol. Are you ok now? Bet it throbbed like mad.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I do the same thing (not kicking the bed) but I go out in the dark to the loo, feel around with my feet in front of me so that I don't step on the cat :kitty: she often sleeps on the landing. I'm quite good at it but it only takes one mistake - as you've found out very painfully x

Ouch Jim! My last dog used to sleep on the landing (such a terrible farter she got banned from the bedroom!) so I got in the habit of switching the light on so I didn't step on her. Made me feel so guilty if I did lol. Hope you heal
quickly. Broke my little toe many years ago so I feel your pain xx

Morning all,

Whole damn foot is swollen now, no way can I get any footwear on it, looks like I'm housebound for a while.

Sorry to hear that Jim. Depending on what part of the foot the swelling is in, keep and eye on it as if it gets that bad it may need draining. Have they done an x ray? There might be another break on another part of the foot.
Guess you'd better sit back relax and enjoy the sun ;0)

Oh Jim, it sounds awful - relax and go with the flow (or milk it for all you're worth) - it'll soon be better and you'll be doing all those jobs you are so good at. Some serious kindle time perhaps? x

Morning all,

Oh yes Gem, I'm maxing out on reading and downloading books LOL.

You must have better weather than us Cheryl, not sit in the sun weather here lately.

Good news, my daughter suggested taking asprin for the swelling and that seems to be helping

Glad your head feels better.

We've had really hot weather here. Guess being down south isn't always so bad lol. Would much rather be on a foreign beech though ;0)

Hows the foot today?

Morning all,

There was something wrong with my head?

yes my foot is getting better on a daily basis thanks Cheryl

I did wonder lol. Thought I'd missed a post as you know me scatty as anything!

Glad it's improving x

LOL Cheryl,

Morning all, I'm pleased to say that my foot/toes seem to be improving on a daily basis. I'm even going to try and have a walk down to the pub this afternoon.

Oh well Jim that's one walk that will be well worth it ;0)

Really horrid weather here today. Grey and raining. At least the gardens will enjoy it!

Ah..... the pub...... Guinness calls and must be obeyed ;) naughty Guinness :D..... Talking of Guinness, we leave for 11 nights in Ireland tomorrow - taking the car on the ferry and staying in the Clonakilty area, the Doolin area and Killarney - nice little tour with plenty of music and........something else...... its black with a white top and comes in a glass..... :confused: x

Morning all,

LOL Gem sounds perfect love, have a great time.

Same here Cheryl, it seems to have blown away over night though and is looking good out there.

I did manage it to the pub, slowly, but i got there. I did chicken out and catch the bus back though, even if it is only 3 stops.

A bus back despite the alcohol masking the pain. My my Jim are you sure it's wasn't because you couldn't walk straight ;0)

Morning all,

LOL no Cheryl, sadly I only had 2 pints of guinness, but it was nice to get out love.

NTR here, we will have the grand kids for some part of the day but no timings fixed yet.

Morning all,

They did Lisa, well congratulations to them love.

The kids came round my Mum's today, she was ecstatic.

Back