Joanne's Food Diary

Hi Valerie

Its hard getting to grips with it all at first isn't it?!

If you go back into your original post each time, i.e. go into your own diary and at the bottom just click on post reply, it is a bit confusing because technically you're not replying to yourself but thats how to add on to the same thread.

Hope this helps and not too confusing, not to clever at explaining things clearly.

Joanne x

hi calorie c!
your menu sounded good today, tomorrow i get weighed also and i always found the day i got weighed i wouldn't drink as much water cause i don't know i retain it a bit i think.

let me know how u get on with ur lunches this week and yes last friday i did go with the beans on toast.
fingers crossed for all weigh ins 2moro.

Hiya

Menu was pretty good today. Was at in-laws for dinner and god love them they made me ww butternut squash soup and lamb stew (also ww recipe). Even bought me bottle of diet pepsi. They look after me well :D

Best of luck with your weigh in 2moro aswell, let me know how you get on. I hadn't actually thot about cutting back on water the day before, god ive done the complete opposite had about 5 bottles today hoping i would pee for scotland 2nite (although prob will during the night :mad:).

Lunch prepared already for 2moro, pitta bread and ww coronation tuna so thanks again. Would prob have had the same bloody soup ive been eating for 3 weeks lol!!!

x

lol, aren't the in laws trying to look after u well.:) diplomacy works wonders here lol my inlaws they grand really but the opposite with food they just appear to give everyone two of everything just to make sure you have enough! no wonder my hubbie was over 20 stone at one stage, but now he never eats down there and needless to say he has trimmed down also. he is quite a big bloke about 6' so can carry weight, with xmas and all that lark he is prob at about 17 stone at the min and would like to loose between 1 and 1.5 stone. only prob is that is menu is weird, doesn't eat meat or fish with bones! so its really alot of paste, rice, veg, soups and crackerbread. he could go for days without dinners where i couldn't. yesterday i made him the taglitelle without the ham i had and today i made him seafood risotto but i'm afraid he's on his own tomorrow cause i have the work, dancing, weigh in and a meal out with friends - think he is having soup!!!!

ur ok with the water today its tomorrow i'd lay off it a little.

lunch tomorrow! when i went shopping yesterday there was no offer on the ww tuna 3 pack you know the one either with mayo & sweetcorn or the tomatoe & herb one €2.95 a pack! (rip off ireland) and bearing in mind i have about 7 tins of tuna in brine at home i just bought a tin of sweetcorn and had light mayo at home so i am going to make my own!!!!! happy days. **hope lives****lol

Good idea, making your own!! I recently bought the thousand island dressing ww tuna, I love thousand island, but I really didn't like it at all!! Love the coronation ckn one so Im actually quite looking forward to it.

Poor hubbie 2moro eh?? I'm sure he'll manage tho. It makes such a diff when you can get them on board with the meals etc. My boyf is getting really into my dinners, infact he's made a few dinners (ww recipes) over the last few weeks. (Bit worried about him - this is something completely unheard of!!!! Maybe the lack of calories and sat fat have affected his brain, lol!!)

Enjoy ur salsa class 2moro, I usually go to body combat class on a mon but having to give it a miss 2moro, need to make a round trip to hand in an essay to uni straight from work (bloomin inconvenience!)

Mind let me know how you get on with wi

x

Yipee, WI 2day another 2.5lbs gone!!

Here's 2days food

Breakfast
2 ww bread 1pt
1 cheese slice 1 pt

Lunch
pitta bread 1.5pts
ww tuna coronation 1 pt
ww cheesy puffs 1 pt

Planned for Dinner
Chinese (yeyh)
1/2 chckn chow mein 3.5 pts
1/2 fried rice 5pts

Snacks
ww cheese nachos 1 pt

Total 15pts

prob have a wee choc mini roll later

fair play to u, 2.5 loss that's fab.
my new cook book arrived today, roll on the weekend.:):):):)

fair play to u, 2.5 loss that's fab.
my new cook book arrived today, roll on the weekend.:):):):)

Ooh how exciting!!! I ordered 2 new ww cook books at the weekend, and I just got a confirmation email from amazon that my book was just being shipped from philadelphia, usa.....WTF!! I might get it for the easter holidays lol!!!

Tuesday

Breakfast
2ww bread 1pt
1 cheese slice 1 pt

Lunch
tin of chn soup 2pt
pckt snack a jacks 2pts

Dinner
Bangers and mash ww recipe 8pts

Snacks
2 ww bread 1 pt
cheese slice 1 pt

Total so far....... 16pts

hi joanne, na the book should be with u in about 2 weeks, which ones did u order, the one i ordered from america was called 'simply the best - 250 prize winning family receipes'?

hi joanne, na the book should be with u in about 2 weeks, which ones did u order, the one i ordered from america was called 'simply the best - 250 prize winning family receipes'?

Yup thats the one! I really should pay more attention when I order things from the net! Is it anygood?? The other one is ww eatsmart family food, heard of it??? Have you had a wee nosey at your yet?
x

are u back on the soup again????????????

well i suppose it is alot colder over there in the uk at the bit. ireland got snow today but it was mainly from the midlands up, and i'm down south.
now, the book! it's fine! laid out really well and very clear just one receipe per page, but some of the ingredients would be measured in cups and 1/2 cups etc - well the way the americans would! and i thought o s***t, here goes i'll be on the computer looking for conversion charts but please don't despair 2nd last page in book is a conversion chart - o i sigh of relief!!
now once you get passed that, ur getting places, now the american lingo!
whats an egg plant? an american egg plant is a uk aubergine!!! lol
haven't tried anything form that yet cause i gave it on loan to a girl at work and just got it back today.
sure i'm surrounded by no less than 8 w w books now. is that neurotic or what???

Lol!!!

Can get a bit ridiculous cant it!!

I know, back on the bloody soup!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem is sheer disorganisation on my part!!! Its the same story every morning, running out the door at half 7 and the easiest thing is to reach up to cupboard and grab out my ridiculously over stocked supply of campbells low fat soup. Come lunch time I could kick myself for not being more organised and having to ensure yet another soup!!!!!

Good news is ive made a nice tuna salad for 2moro :D

We got a fair bit of snow yesterday but by the time id gotten up this morn it had all melted. However just been "officially" informed by my mum (mrs met office) that central scotland has to get another 6 inches 2moro?? Whether its true or not is another story, mrs mo is known to get her facts wrong. Im going to check it out just now

x

o good on you girl! tuna salad! i hope u enjoy it or else i will begin to feel my ears burning!!!lol
how can i be on a diet? i'm watching jamie olive at the mind - me, receipe books and uk food is just like u and the auld soup addiction!!!
anyway got to plan me menus for tomorrow, hubbie says since i joined this forum the art of conversation is gone out the window - a lovely site, me in the living room on the lap top and him in the kitchen on the p.c.
crackers!!!!

Im the same!! My OH thinks im utterly mad!! I think our living room wins tho, im sitting on lap top and he is hula hooping on the wii fit, :8855:ridiculous!!!!

Happy planning in recipe bliss!!

x

Wednesday

Breakfast
2 ww toast 1pt
2 ww bacon medallions 1 pt
tom sauce 0.5pt

Lunch
tuna salad;
tin of tuna 1.5pts
lettuce and onion
1 tablespoon mayo light 1 pt
1 tsp olive oil 1.5pts

ww cheese nachos 1 pt

Dinner
ww recipe malaysian chkn 3 pts
2 table spoon cooked rice 3pts (?)
ww sticky toffee pudding 3.5pts

Total 17.5 pts

Didn't realise i was so under, oops! sure ill make up for it 2moro :D

Firstly, how can you be under your points everyday? I have to stop myself from going over! You must have real willpower! A tin of soup 'n a packet of wotsits for lunch?? WTF?? I'd start eating my arm! LOL! You seem really well organised. Well done.

My Hubz has lost 1 'n a half stone (little s**t! - or big s**t rather) - he is so disciplined - wanna smack him but thankfully what I cook for me, he's grateful for cuz he was overweight too. He doesn't have a Yorkshire pudding with sunday lunch and only has two roasties!!! WTF? I have a yorkie 'n 5 roasties and still manage to lose weight - why go without eh? Tee Hee.

Anyhoo, interesting to see how other people cope 'n eat eh? Wouldn't dare start tellin ya the crap that I eat but as long as I'm lose it I don't care.

So far an apple and a plain bagel on it's own. Haggis for tea!! Dancer!

xx

hi joanne,
your menu sounded good yesterday, how was the malaysian chicken?
i chanced chicken chowder tonight , it was nice don't know if i'll freeze the rest or finish it tomorrow.
I usually work around 18 / 20 points, but i basically cut out the rubbish, go for healthier foods and i find the two litres of water very important, then aim for 4 walks a week about an hour at a time.:):)

Firstly, how can you be under your points everyday? I have to stop myself from going over! You must have real willpower! A tin of soup 'n a packet of wotsits for lunch?? WTF?? I'd start eating my arm! LOL! You seem really well organised. Well done.

My Hubz has lost 1 'n a half stone (little s**t! - or big s**t rather) - he is so disciplined - wanna smack him but thankfully what I cook for me, he's grateful for cuz he was overweight too. He doesn't have a Yorkshire pudding with sunday lunch and only has two roasties!!! WTF? I have a yorkie 'n 5 roasties and still manage to lose weight - why go without eh? Tee Hee.

Anyhoo, interesting to see how other people cope 'n eat eh? Wouldn't dare start tellin ya the crap that I eat but as long as I'm lose it I don't care.

So far an apple and a plain bagel on it's own. Haggis for tea!! Dancer!

xx

I do tend to stick to it well, and don't struggle too much to be honest! I just make sure I plan for the week and buy everything i need, don't even consider buying crap for the house. Quite lucky cos we never really had crisps and chocolate and that stuff in our house when we were younger (God I've just make my family sound like the poorest bloody waltons you've ever heard!!) We really weren't, honest!!!! But i do find it quite easy to not buy any s**t at shops!
x

hi joanne,
your menu sounded good yesterday, how was the malaysian chicken?
i chanced chicken chowder tonight , it was nice don't know if i'll freeze the rest or finish it tomorrow.
I usually work around 18 / 20 points, but i basically cut out the rubbish, go for healthier foods and i find the two litres of water very important, then aim for 4 walks a week about an hour at a time.:):)

yeh I try and aim for about 18ish points. Find it not too difficult :) Malaysian chicken was absolutely gorgeous and dead simple to make, ill post the recipe if you want?? How was chicken chowder?? Always like new things to try. Totally agree on the water, infact going to get one just now!

x

Back