JUDDDering to the finnish line, UD intuitivly !

pandora

finding my way again !
hi girls,
i will be joining you as of tommorrow so thought i'd start a "diary" to post what i eat & what think.
I have bought myself a nice notebook to note everything in too.
This is what i have written in it allready.

My Commitment.
As of Friday June 1st, i shall commence the JUDDD diet.
On a DD i shall only consume 3 CD packs & 3 litres of fluids.
On a UD i shall take a sensible approach to eating.
No more scoffing the wrong foods
No more guilt about eating.
I plan to space my days as such (being flexible if needed)
Mon DD (official CD weigh in eve)
Tues UD
Weds DD
Thurs DD
Fri UD
Sat DD
Sun UD ( so i can join the family in sunday dinner)
so tommorrow i shall post what i have eaten
xx:)

i will weigh myself at home on Tues am & start a new ticker for my JUDDD journey

hi girls,
i will be joining you as of tommorrow so thought i'd start a "diary" to post what i eat & what think.
I have bought myself a nice notebook to note everything in too.
This is what i have written in it allready.

My Commitment.
As of Friday June 1st, i shall commence the JUDDD diet.
On a DD i shall only consume 3 CD packs & 3 litres of fluids.
On a UD i shall take a sensible approach to eating.
No more scoffing the wrong foods
No more guilt about eating.
I plan to space my days as such (being flexible if needed)
Mon DD (official CD weigh in eve)
Tues UD
Weds DD
Thurs DD
Fri UD
Sat DD
Sun UD ( so i can join the family in sunday dinner)
so tommorrow i shall post what i have eaten

Hi Cheryl

Good Luck with you JUDDDing. Just a quick point. You have 2 DownDays in a row there, that's not allowed. Have you checked out the web page with all the diet details and the calculator on it. I'll find it for you if you haven't already.

Dizzy x

Hi Cheryl

Good Luck with you JUDDDing. Just a quick point. You have 2 DownDays in a row there, that's not allowed. Have you checked out the web page with all the diet details and the calculator on it. I'll find it for you if you haven't already.

Dizzy x
thanks for pointing that out Dizzy, i didn't realise you couldn't do that. I got the idea from Russiandoll, as a way of having the same weigh in day each week - she was going to have an inbetween day.
how do you suggest i overcome that ?

Me again Cheryl :D

You can have 2 UD's in a row without a problem, just not 2 DD's.

Some people are chosing to make one of the UD's not quite as up as normal, perhaps something like 1,200-1,500 would work well :)

Hi hun, good luck with the new plan.

Seems that this one could fit in with family life.

I'll be keeping a check on you to see how you do because it sounds interesting!

ok then on that note i will :-
UD on thurs & 1/2 UD on fri then
thanks for the help girls, what little stars you all are

thanks for pointing that out Dizzy, i didn't realise you couldn't do that. I got the idea from Russiandoll, as a way of having the same weigh in day each week - she was going to have an inbetween day.
how do you suggest i overcome that ?

Hi Cheryl

Here's the link with all the details.

Johnson Upday Downday Diet

You can have 2 UpDays in a row so I guess Russian Doll's inbetween day is really an UpDay. Not sure whether it will have a good or bad or no affect on the the results.

Personally I am just having alternate UpDay's and DownDays. I think I will weigh on Day six this week my second week. I thought I would stick to the plan as closely as possible for 2 weeks. After that I will probably increase my UpDay calories because I do a lot of exercise and not so much to lose now so happy to lose slower I will also have 2 UpDays together if I need to for social reasons etc.

Personally I find it always best to follow a plan as closely as possible to get the results and to make it easier to stick too especially in the beginning. However if it's not possible to stick exactly then a small adjustment is better than giving up altogether.

Definitely don't have 2 DD anyway as it slows the loss down.

2 Ups are allowed though but I know I will worry that the following DD will be harder for me after 2 Ups.

Sure you'll sort out a plan that suits you.

Dizzy x

thanks Dizzy,
as you may know i work nights so on Friday (i count my days from midnight to midnight) i will be at work midnight till 7.30, then sleep to somewhen between 1 & 3pm & then bed by about 10, so not really a full day. this being so i can UD but not for so many hours so keep the cals low, if you get my gist !!

well it's 11.25pm, only 1/2 an hour till i start JUDDDering !!:eek:
i actually feel quite liberated by it, is that wierd ?
the thought that i can actually, legitimatly eat food, without feeling guilty or having to hide the fact i am doing so.
I told OH & girls this evening what my plan was & they were all ok with it - well actually its my decision & what they say isn't in the equasion, but its nice to have their support.
They know that i am allowed to eat everyother day, & that what i eat will be healthy so they will still be vigilant to what i am eating, which is reassuring to know.
Have been to Tesco b4 work for interim supplies, but need to do a family shop anyway so just got stuff for while at work 2nite

Hi Cheryl,

Good luck with JUDDERING!

I look forward to see how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Cheryl
How fantastic that you're joining our ever-growing little band of JBs :D

I do one 'in-between' day on Sundays because I want to keep my DDs and UDs the same every week. Weekends are great now because I feel a part of any family events ... going to the cinema, having a BBQ or a trip to the funfair - I can have something *if I want*. Oddly enough though, we went to the funfair last week and I didn't have anything even though I was on an Upday ... just didn't fancy it. Now, if I WASN'T ALLOWED to have anything, I'm sure I'd be desperately wanting it ... forbidden fruits and all that.

Eating legitimately may seem strange to you at first after the strict regime of CD ... the first time I ate a pear (WHAT?? FRUIT??) was most strange indeed.

Please don't think I'm knocking CD because I'm not - it's such a fantastic plan and lost me a lot of weight quickly - but I became fatigued and bored with it all and if you're not doing it to the letter then there's no point in doing it at all. I just kept setting myself up for failure after failure, SSing strictly then binging then SSing to try and put it right. It's obvious that, mentally, I wasn't in the right place.

Anyway - good luck: your fellow Juddy Buddies are here to offer support whenever you may need it (and to give you fanfares when you succeed!)

thanks for the welcom Debbie.
My first JUDDDD day - a ID (intermediate)
this morning at work @ 1am, i had 1/2 a Tesco's healthy eating ( h.e )Chicken Layered Salad Bowl followed by a Tesco's h.e yogurt & i have to sayi felt full following it & although i have been having chicken salad (aam) this was different as a) it had pasta in it & b) i had chosen to eat it,the yogurt was nice to, a new taste.a little later i had some melon.
i came home & went to bed, & i've just got up & am going to prepare dinner b4 taking the girls to the pictures.
more later ......

well the rest of the day has not really gone to plan :eek:
i was just off to the shops to get dinner supplies & my sister text to say were we going to Burger King after the pictures (we went with her & her 2 kids) so we agreed thats what we'd do.
off we merrily go to see Pirates 3, which we all thoroughly enjoyed, plenty of action, some hilarity & a good weep at the end :cry:. After 3 hours we were all desperate for a wee so off we run to BK & once relieved we ordered !
Well what is a healthy choice from there ? the salads are covered with cheese, which i don't like, so i optted for a Chicken Piri Piri baguette & diet coke. Well the poor lad taking our orders - bearing in mind there was 10 of us :eek: - got quite overwhelmed by it all & the orders took a couple of trys to get (nearly) right. Myself & my 2 girls ended with large drinks - wasn't going to complain too much about that, but i also ended up with fries i didn't order. I chose to have a few fries, but not the whole portion, about 1/3 prob & then i had 1/2 a strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
well i have to say i enjoyed it all,but now feel a bit bloated. It may not be what i planned for today but i don't feel any guilt.
tommorow i will DD to compensate.
i was nice to be part of a social situation rather then watch it.
i hopr tommorrow will be easy to stick to the shakes as i know i have eaten today & will be able to again on Sunday

Back