Sweet2Def

How am I 19stone 10lbs? (276lbs)
I thought I should begin another thread, a bit more up to date for anybody thinking of beginning the diet this month.

I start on 8th June (payday), and because I have done the diet before and recall how horrendous the first three days were., I'm preparing my body leading up to this by slowly lowering my food intake leading up to this.

I'm so nervous but everything at the moment in my life is pointing to the fact that I need to lose weight, A LOT of it!

I keep Googling success stories and before and after pics but I need to understand that this journey is mine and I will need to take charge of it.

I'm not spending my 30's as miserable about my weight as I was in my 20's.

I watched The Big Crash Diet Experiment and was genuinely touched by how each person had their own motivation for doing it and also how fantastic this new lease of life they had all given themselves by showing such determination.

I know it won be easy but hopefully, we can all spur one another on?

About Me:

I am 30
I have no children
I live in Kent - in a rubbish flatshare
I decided to lose weight as I have been steadily gaining weight for the last 13 years.
I have always loved gym and fitness but ''being big'' and lack of will power have had my progress sabotaged and set me back for as long as I can remember.

im starting today as well so best of luck. We can keep each other company. Im 45, 14 stone, hoping to lose 2 stone on lipotrim and then hopefully change my eating habits. I have been 12 - 13 stone for the last few years, and I just want to get under 12stone, I am spending way too much time thinking of my weight and not doing anything about it. I have two children, 11 and 6 and want to be more active for them, don't want them looking at me and thinking im overweight, as it is, my husand does way more with them than I do and its stopping me because of my weight :(

im starting today as well so best of luck. We can keep each other company. Im 45, 14 stone, hoping to lose 2 stone on lipotrim and then hopefully change my eating habits. I have been 12 - 13 stone for the last few years, and I just want to get under 12stone, I am spending way too much time thinking of my weight and not doing anything about it. I have two children, 11 and 6 and want to be more active for them, don't want them looking at me and thinking im overweight, as it is, my husand does way more with them than I do and its stopping me because of my weight :(
Aww, you'll do it!
I'm slowly reducing calories over the next few days to prepare my stomach, and mind lol. so staying at 500 calories today with MASSIVE salads and tuna.

I too stressed so much about weight but have done so all for MONTHS.

Time to take the bull by the horns, Mrs!

whats inspriring me is the thoughts of being able to wear a size 14, I am currently squashed into a 16 (in denial, should really be wearing 18). the weather at minute is so warm, so im thinking I wont mind so much doing the milkshakes, but probably kidding myself...very easy to be motivated on the first day :)

whats inspriring me is the thoughts of being able to wear a size 14, I am currently squashed into a 16 (in denial, should really be wearing 18). the weather at minute is so warm, so im thinking I wont mind so much doing the milkshakes, but probably kidding myself...very easy to be motivated on the first day :)
Same here! I keep thinking of all the lovely things I can wear once I've shifted some weight.
I'm in about a size 20 and I caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window the other day and I just wanted to go home 😣.

I think you're doing well to look for the silver lining in this all. It's tough but so worth it.

I'm feeling the pinch in my tummy already, only having had 500 calories today to prepare.

Lots of water and black tea for me now, I think.

all my work mates gone off for a nice lunch, I made my excuses, hope I have the willpower to stick with it, I remember I did it before and it wasn't terrible, must boring but I was younger then. Ah well it keeps me going thinking of that first weigh in :)

all my work mates gone off for a nice lunch, I made my excuses, hope I have the willpower to stick with it, I remember I did it before and it wasn't terrible, must boring but I was younger then. Ah well it keeps me going thinking of that first weigh in :)
That's so amazing. Sometimes you just have to do it and remember it's not forever. This should hopefully change our relationship with food.

Same here, a lady is going on maternity leave and has asked me to lunch but I switched my lunch to 2pm to avoid it and make my excuses

Whilst I'm not starting LT till Thursday/ Friday, my low calories yesterday and today should ease my transition.

500 calories yesterday and 350 today.

We got this!

Well done for resisting, it'll all be worth it!

I think youre great for going down to 500 calories, I was terrible, had huge dinner and half bottle of wine the night before I started, kind of like a farewell party for one :oops: so well done. isn't it funny, time flies normally but I reckon this month will be the longest ever!!

I think youre great for going down to 500 calories, I was terrible, had huge dinner and half bottle of wine the night before I started, kind of like a farewell party for one :oops: so well done. isn't it funny, time flies normally but I reckon this month will be the longest ever!!
I HAD to, for my own sanity, I had to prepare myself otherwise setting myself for an epic fail on day 1 lol
It was tempting to get a cheeky little pity party munch for myself but I thought better of it.

Took a walk on my break seeing as it's so nice out here today, back to the office now.

You know what? I reckon it'll be a long month if we make it feel that way, but as you mentioned before, so easy to be enthusiastic so few days into it.

Time of the month as well, so I want something naughty but so desperately abstaining :):):)

I think the weekends will be the worse, out and about and having to bring the shake with us. I haven't told anyone because I know they'll sad fad diets, I think ill let the results (if there are any:eek:) speak for themselves!! Im off home now. Are you starting tomorrow or Friday, if so, best of luck. I wont have access to a computer now till Monday so talk then :)

I restarted yesterday (not Lipotrim though), Day 2 today... going well so far..

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi! I have a hubby, 3 kids and am at my biggest ever weight.. it's time to do something about it!

Good luck xx

I think the weekends will be the worse, out and about and having to bring the shake with us. I haven't told anyone because I know they'll sad fad diets, I think ill let the results (if there are any:eek:) speak for themselves!! Im off home now. Are you starting tomorrow or Friday, if so, best of luck. I wont have access to a computer now till Monday so talk then :)
Sure, you'll be fine.

Yes Friday . . . might bring it forward, I haven't decided.
Speak Monday!

I restarted yesterday (not Lipotrim though), Day 2 today... going well so far..

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi! I have a hubby, 3 kids and am at my biggest ever weight.. it's time to do something about it!

Good luck xx
Welcome!

Well done on day 2 and on taking the step to a healthier you!

My 3rd morning of very low calories

**LT STARTS TOMORROW!**

Also going into the Pharmacy on the way to work this morning to weigh myself.

I guessed I'm about 19 stone 9 at the time of starting this thread.

This is becoming very real now!

No hunger pangs this morning.

Currently in Greggs with a HUGE black coffee!
I thought I would be temptes by thebtreats but nope. :D

Mouth tasted horrible last night due to so few calories, but it passed once I brushed my teeth twice before bed.

I got out of the house early this morning as my flatmate was doing brekkie... such torture - not hunger, just a wandering mind.

As much as I'm proud of myself for lowering calories before beginning LT tomorrow, I'm thinking my first loss will be not as much due to this.

When I did LT in 2012, I was at 15 stone and lost 10lb my first week and dived straight in with no preparations - I was certain that first 72 hours must be like what crack withdrawal would be like!

I hope for a 10lb loss minimum this time around, as I'm 4 stone heavier :confused:

Oh, how soothing this coffee is to my empty but comfortable stomach :)

At the moment, I'm feeling like LT might just be a cake walk.... (cringey pun intended)

So, I was one pound more than my guess, and actually have 8 stone and 3 lbs to loose to be at a healthy weight according to my BMI....

*SIGH*
Argh!.jpg

Must google if VLCD (very low calorie diets) make your nose sharper.... very thirsty and sense of smell is on 150%!!

My colleague is eating a satsuma and it smells like I'm in an orange grove . . .WTF?

Must google if VLCD (very low calorie diets) make your nose sharper.... very thirsty and sense of smell is on 150%!!

My colleague is eating a satsuma and it smells like I'm in an orange grove . . .WTF?

Hey Sweet!

I also reduced my calories the week before I started Lipotrim..... this wasn’t entirely intentional - it was more so due to my failed attempts at restarting!

I’m almost through my second week now, I feel quite good - I guess it is because we’re getting all of our vitamins and minerals from our shakes - I try to see them as my medicine (perhaps that’s strange), as they are helping me get healthier.

I’m 30, current weight is 12.6
My “normal” weight (don’t even know what that is anymore!) before letting everything get out of hand last year was 9st-9st 7lb (I ballooned to 15st 12lb). I lost some weight by doing Cambridge Diet and Lipotrim on and off over the last year..... I could’ve been at target by now had I stayed focused and not messed myself about, but I’m trying to refrain from giving myself such a hard time (like we all do!).... especially being an emotional eater - it just fuels the destructive and vicious circle I found myself trapped in last year.

Anyways, my plan is to do Lipotrim until the 30th June with a week of refeed before my weekend away 6th—8th July. I need an initial weight loss boost (and we all know the quick great results you can achieve on Lipotrim/CD) and then I’ll follow Slimming World (with maybe the odd week of shakes for a weight loss boost) to lose my final excess baggage :oops:

Best of luck with day one tomorrow Hun - you’ve got this! Remember it’s only temporary! All of the foods we like will still be there (in moderation 😇) when we get to our targets xxxx

Hey Sweet!

I also reduced my calories the week before I started Lipotrim..... this wasn’t entirely intentional - it was more so due to my failed attempts at restarting!

I’m almost through my second week now, I feel quite good - I guess it is because we’re getting all of our vitamins and minerals from our shakes - I try to see them as my medicine (perhaps that’s strange), as they are helping me get healthier.

I’m 30, current weight is 12.6
My “normal” weight (don’t even know what that is anymore!) before letting everything get out of hand last year was 9st-9st 7lb (I ballooned to 15st 12lb). I lost some weight by doing Cambridge Diet and Lipotrim on and off over the last year..... I could’ve been at target by now had I stayed focused and not messed myself about, but I’m trying to refrain from giving myself such a hard time (like we all do!).... especially being an emotional eater - it just fuels the destructive and vicious circle I found myself trapped in last year.

Anyways, my plan is to do Lipotrim until the 30th June with a week of refeed before my weekend away 6th—8th July. I need an initial weight loss boost (and we all know the quick great results you can achieve on Lipotrim/CD) and then I’ll follow Slimming World (with maybe the odd week of shakes for a weight loss boost) to lose my final excess baggage :oops:

Best of luck with day one tomorrow Hun - you’ve got this! Remember it’s only temporary! All of the foods we like will still be there (in moderation 😇) when we get to our targets xxxx

WOW!
You've put in serious work previously, that's so inspiring!

Yep, I'm another person that also eats their feelings and can never stop - it's awful!
Do you remember how long the loss to 9st took you?

A holiday sounds like a nice break from this and a great motivator to carry on with this, I'll bet

Thank you for your well wishes for when I begin, I just want to start now lol

WOW!
You've put in serious work previously, that's so inspiring!

Yep, I'm another person that also eats their feelings and can never stop - it's awful!
Do you remember how long the loss to 9st took you?

A holiday sounds like a nice break from this and a great motivator to carry on with this, I'll bet

Thank you for your well wishes for when I begin, I just want to start now lol

I was 9st/9st 7lb before I put all of this weight on - I’m still trying to get back to that weight :oops:

The most I’ve ever lost was 12lb in my first week of Cambridge Diet (at my biggest) when I started it in July last year. I’ve been stop/starting CD and Lipotrim since with some fluctuations and maintenance in between. You should lose 1st - 1st 7lb a month on Lipotrim apparently. I got down to 11st 8lb before my holiday in March and put most of that back on *shamefully!*.

......here we go again :oops: I am hoping to get down to 10st 12lb/11st by July 6th and I’ll eat sensibly whilst I’m away and start SW when I’m back home to lose the last bit as I also want to go back to the gym to get fit and tone up (I used to train 5 times a week!!) and I can’t train on 480 calories a day :oops:

One random little tip I found useful by the way - if you have any food cravings (I went mad fighting off food thoughts the first 3 days!), I used a psychological technique which really helped - name your food cravings after someone you know who isn’t very nice..... saying “Go away Rebecca” helped me cope and felt satisfying too haha!! [i am not a horrible person, I promise, but the Rebecca I know is not very nice....].

Back