@AliGal you are fabulous to have posted all these resources here in one place, thank you so much - I really enjoyed the video of the lady who lost 70lbs in 5 months, and Terri - wow! What a transformation, she has got her life back - and how.

Thank you! Feel free to add any resource you think wll be useful to others.

Here's Mrs Keto Naturopath making pork rind crumb with puffy spanish chiccarones. l think scratchings would be too fatty and claggy - so you need the puffy sort. Check the seasoning - l bought some that have seasoning, a light dusting of wheat, soya and MSG. So l'll look more carefully next time. You can also buy ready made - l've seen others using Mrs Keto Pano Breadcrumbs - also made from pork rind - no gluten

I've also sustiituted ground almonds in recipes that need ground spanish pork rinds - which lowers the protein and increases the carbs. A 25g pack of pork puffs/crunch has 16g of protein,

Last edited:
This is Keto Fitness Club's Megga Bread recipe. You can also buy it ready made from KFC's baker. It has a few special ingredients - vital wheat gluten ( I found the best value was an offer for a kg on amazon) and xantham gum (major supermarkets - probably not the value ones). It also uses yeast for the rise and has alternatives for other ingredients which you can get from Lidl etc so you will probably have some in the house . You can make it in a breadmaker or by hand. Recipe and youtube tutorial here. https://t4s.site/keto-fitness-club/megga-loaf/

Updated 6/6/21: I made the megga bread recipe with chia seeds and a Lidl flax seed mix. I had several slices whle still warm with butter and marmite. The crumb was very fluffy/light and the crust was wonderfully crusty. I used lard rather than butter.

l'll be interested to see what it is like cold. I think I may use some almond flour next time if the crumb still seems light when cold.

lt was a very wet claggy dough. I used my Lidl electric hand held mixer to knead it. Although the recipe says you can knead/mix by hand, I think that would be so sticky, you'd have a lot of dough stuck to your hands. I used wet hands to shape the top of the bread. That created a sort of crust when it was proving in the oven at 50c. Maybe, it would have been better if I'd slashed the top before it proofed. Nothing about slashing the top in the recipe. I smoothed it and it was quite shiny on the top. Maybe a claggy unsmoothed top would be less shiny.

I'd probably double the recipe next time to make a taller loaf, and then put some sliced in the freezer. The batch made according the recipe just about came to the top of the loaf tin in the middle, so each slice is less than half the height of a regular loaf. It rose well - so I thInk double the recIpe will be good. l will also get smaller loaf or cake pans so I can make a small cake or a one batch of bread. I lined the pan with greaseproof paper - and the loaf came out easily.

Last edited:
Mark and his daughter at Keto Fitness Club have lots of practical advice and recipes. They also have a £10 deal for a briefing sesson on zoom and a month's support. Although I had done low carb before, it was really helpful. They also have psychological & exercise sessions online, public and private FB groups and lots of free recipes and UK shopping info.

1633422870389.png

I like the way KFC are so practical - and understand that many of us have tight budgets.

Listen to Dr Jason Fung on fasting, cancer and women's bodies

The science of time-restricted eating with Satchin Panda, PhD — Diet Doctor Podcast and on youtube.
Why is time-restricted eating aka fasting (or eating one or two proper meals and not grazing!) effective? Dr. Satchin Panda shares his research and his advice on how time restricted eating may benefit you.

A second dietdoctor podcast that has useful info on how you can use fasting and eat clean, including menstruation and when you shouldn't fast.

Science of fatness. ageing and real food.

Dr Robert Lustig is a Professor emeritus of Pediatric Endocrinology, You might know his name because he talks about metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. He isn't keto. He says by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.

You may know of his books Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease and his new book Metabolical: The Truth About Processed Food and How It Poisons People and the Planet

Essential watching, whatever your eating plan, on prioritising protein in your healthy weight loss. It also helps older women retain our muscle mass.

Back