Total Solution LastEverDiet's last ever diet journal!

Even the thought of green beans makes my mouth water now - definitely wouldn't have thought the same about them before exante! Actually don't find myself missing stodgy food at all these days, but fruit, veg and meat... maybe when I finish Exante I'll finally be one of those annoying healthy eaters!
Hoping to reach my goal by the end of November at the latest, that still gives me 3 months to lose around 32 lbs. MInd you even if I'm at goal by Christmas I won't be complaining! You're doing great Crims and its good to hear you're still losing inches as well as pounds - I think when you're already quite tiny (I'll never be 9 stone anything!) it does make it slow but just a few more weeks and you'll be there! Sounds like you're also doing a great job of gradually reintroducing food which will help massively with maintenance when you get there!

Ok, last few days have been a bit of a struggle! Lost 2lbs at WI which was OK, but not amazing given that I'd been 100% all week! Fine, whatever, got over it and started AAM week. First day didn't go great as it was my deferred birthday celebration... started the day with an argument with "D"H and ended up nibbling bits and pieces of protein all morning, not a great start! Then my niece came round with a birthday cake that she had made me, and got upset when I said I couldn't eat any - in the end I gave in an had a couple of mouthfuls, and felt like cr&p afterwards! Partly annoyed with myself and partly a reaction to the sugar - was really tired and thirsty within an hour of eating it. Dinner was OK, chicken and veg but ate too much (basically finished my plate despite being full halfway through) seems like I've still got a lot to learn! Yesterday was a BBQ, stuck to the low carb options but again ate way too much (and I think there was sugar in some of the marinades) :(
Anyway, after all that have put on 2lbs when I weighed myself this morning, so those damn 14 stone somethings are back again after only two days! I know most of this must just be the sheer quantity of meat I'm still digesting, but I'm still annoyed with myself for over eating. Today I'm focusing on doing AAM properly - so sticking to shakes during the day (no little nibbles!) and then will have a 400-600 cal dinner of lamb chops (OK, they're not exaclt by-the-book for AAM week!) courgette and mint sauce (the kind thats just mint no sugar). Hopefully tomorrow will be back down a pound and feel a bit more in control.
Will feel better when I've got over this hump and lost another half stone or so... at the moment it feels like I'm not really getting anywhere and my goal (which seemed so achievable a couple of weeks ago) feels like it could be slipping away from me... :(

Right, enough moaning and self-pity! Going to pull myself together, remember that I CAN do this and WILL get to goal! And now I'm off to have a scrummy shake :)

Awww LED - you're doing soooo well!! And the 13s will be back before you know it :)

Please don't be so hard on yourself. Just think what a "cheat" would have been pre-exante. Would you have stopped at a couple of mouthfuls of cake? You've come so far and this past 2 days is all part of the learning process.

You can do it LED!

x

Hey LED you are doing so well those blips were only tiny and the stopping before you finish is a hard one. You'll get there, you are doing really well x

Thanks both! Its so helpful to post on here and get such great support :D
Pleased to say I've got back on track the last couple of days, just one meal and no snacks. Hoping for a little loss this week, although my original target to have lost 3 stone by this weekend won't quite happen, I won't be far off.
Off to work today, which I don't mind as much when its drizzling like today! One good thing I've found is that work doesn't get in the way of my diet, I have half a shake before I go (couldn't stomach a whole one at this time of the morning!) my bar with a mug of boullion for lunch, a coke zero to keep me going in the afternoon and then the rest of my packs when I get home.
Hope everyone had a lovely bank holiday weekend!
LED x

LastEverDiet said:
Thanks both! Its so helpful to post on here and get such great support :D
Pleased to say I've got back on track the last couple of days, just one meal and no snacks. Hoping for a little loss this week, although my original target to have lost 3 stone by this weekend won't quite happen, I won't be far off.
Off to work today, which I don't mind as much when its drizzling like today! One good thing I've found is that work doesn't get in the way of my diet, I have half a shake before I go (couldn't stomach a whole one at this time of the morning!) my bar with a mug of boullion for lunch, a coke zero to keep me going in the afternoon and then the rest of my packs when I get home.
Hope everyone had a lovely bank holiday weekend!
LED x

Really glad you are back on track xxx well done xxx

Well done on getting back on track LED xx

Argh its all been going wrong! I think the fact that I knew I was having a day out today (and have agreed to eat out for lunch and dinner) was playing on my mind and I haven't been able to stick with it - was supposed to be TS Thursday and Friday but ended up picking at all sorts of stuff!
Even though I'm looking forward to my day out today I'm also looking forward to it being over, and getting strict with myself... not seeing the scales go down is not a good feeling and I want to get back mentally to where I was a month ago, sticking to TS and seeing the weight drop off!
Wish me luck, I have a feeling that its going to be harder this time. :( Will dig my Beck diet book out and find something motivational to tell myself :)

LastEverDiet said:
Argh its all been going wrong! I think the fact that I knew I was having a day out today (and have agreed to eat out for lunch and dinner) was playing on my mind and I haven't been able to stick with it - was supposed to be TS Thursday and Friday but ended up picking at all sorts of stuff!
Even though I'm looking forward to my day out today I'm also looking forward to it being over, and getting strict with myself... not seeing the scales go down is not a good feeling and I want to get back mentally to where I was a month ago, sticking to TS and seeing the weight drop off!
Wish me luck, I have a feeling that its going to be harder this time. :( Will dig my Beck diet book out and find something motivational to tell myself :)

Oh LED we've all been there hope your brain snaps back into TS mode soon, but don't be too down on yourself you're still doing really well :)

I love the Beck book, I'm going to get mine out and start again with it, I find it helps me...and I need all the help I can get ;)

bunny_hops said:
I love the Beck book, I'm going to get mine out and start again with it, I find it helps me...and I need all the help I can get ;)

Yeah I have finally got to the maintenance bit in the book nice to be able to look forward :)

Definitely wouldn't have got this far without my trusty Beck book! Having a re-read of it this morning. Had a great day out yesterday but didn't end up being low-carb because I was with a vegetarian friend and we couldn't find anywhere to eat that was low-carb for me and veggie for her! So expecting a tough few days now getting back into ketosis.... not fun! Hopefully though yesterday was the little treat I need halfway through my Exante journey, and I'll get back on with it now. So today will be day 1 of my new super-strict 100% TS regime - 3 packs, 3L+ of water, green tea, one boullion and one can coke zero for a treat, and thats it! Still got 5 days til weigh in so by then should be firmly back in fat-burning mode and hopefully see a nice drop on the scales!
Wish me luck... tummy starting to rumble a bit

I'm back too to TS from today too LED so we can hang in there through the carb withdrawal flu together - we can do it!!

xx

Well made it through my first restart TS day! Actually only ended up having 2 packs as had huge row with husband and stormed off to bed... didn't feel like I could then come back down and make my shake :eek:
Actually not that hungry yesterday, haven't tried a ketostix to see if I had come out of ketosis, although I ate a portion of chips and 3 tortilla wraps so I'd be surprised if I didn't! I guess tomorrow will be the test, I remember last time feeling most rough days 3 and 4.
Planning now to do 27 days of TS, if I manage it this will be the longest I've done, I think I've managed 15 days before. No birthdays, weddings, chistenings, work nights out, or anything else to stand in my way though! 27 days will take me to the day before we go on our hols, and if I lose a stone I'll be down to a normal BMI just in time!!! Not that there'll be much bikini wearing in Skeggie in October ;)

Wishing you lots of luck with your 100% restart! I've been TS since Saturday, although today a jelly bean, jelly baby and 3 dolly mixtures squares went in my mouth, didn't even want the bloody things! :( I think it's best I don't sit next to the kids when they have sweets!

LOL Bunny Hops I can imagine! Luckily DS still only one so hasn't discovered sweets yet, and mostly if I sit next to him while he's eating he smears bits of half-chewed food on my which doosn't make my mouth water!
Day 2 TS nearly done, been a bit dizzy and headachey today which I think I remember from the first time round. Back to the traditional shake, bar, soup combo to make the day more interesting! (Excitement Exante-stylee ;))

Right, feel like I'm getting back into it after my meals at the weekend... have done 3 days TS now and thoughts of food are slipping back out of my mind (for now at least!)
Really want to have lost a stone in the next 4 weeks, getting back to a normal BMI for the first time in 5 or 6 years... and today I feel like I can definitely do it! :D
Noticed again after the row with hubby on Sunday that I didn't reach for food - definitely a new departure for me. Meant I had to deal with being thoroughly p155ed off for the entire evening and didn't sleep great, but I guess I haven't actually had to deal with my emotions for years while I've been stuffing them down with food, so its to be expected! If I can get to goal weight and have learnt new ways to treat myself/ cheer myself up I think that will be the most important thing I've achieved in my adult life!
So, today got big walk planned with DS as it seems to be staying dry, 2 shakes and a bar and then a nice early night :D happy days!

Nice work getting through those first 3 days again. It's exciting to think that you'll be at a normal bmi before your holidays, that's brilliant - although as you say, I'm not sure bikini and Skeggie in October will necessarily go together!

Hope the rest of your week goes well :)

LOL Bunny Hops I can imagine! Luckily DS still only one so hasn't discovered sweets yet, and mostly if I sit next to him while he's eating he smears bits of half-chewed food on my which doosn't make my mouth water!
Day 2 TS nearly done, been a bit dizzy and headachey today which I think I remember from the first time round. Back to the traditional shake, bar, soup combo to make the day more interesting! (Excitement Exante-stylee ;))

urgh...doesn't make my mouth water either, I remeber my boys having bits of wet soggy wotsits on the napkins..yuck!

I'm 5 days into TS now (apart from the silly teeny weeny bits that go in when tasting the kids food) feeling great again now, really felt like I wanted food last night..talked myself out of that though!

Hope the dizziness has gone now :)

Right, feel like I'm getting back into it after my meals at the weekend... have done 3 days TS now and thoughts of food are slipping back out of my mind (for now at least!)
Really want to have lost a stone in the next 4 weeks, getting back to a normal BMI for the first time in 5 or 6 years... and today I feel like I can definitely do it! :D
Noticed again after the row with hubby on Sunday that I didn't reach for food - definitely a new departure for me. Meant I had to deal with being thoroughly p155ed off for the entire evening and didn't sleep great, but I guess I haven't actually had to deal with my emotions for years while I've been stuffing them down with food, so its to be expected! If I can get to goal weight and have learnt new ways to treat myself/ cheer myself up I think that will be the most important thing I've achieved in my adult life!
So, today got big walk planned with DS as it seems to be staying dry, 2 shakes and a bar and then a nice early night :D happy days!

I'd like a stone gone by the end of the month too, I always get worried that I won't make it though..I think I compare myself with others far too much, which is annoying as I tell others not to do that lol!

Yeah Violet its always hard to take our own advice isn't it! If you carry on like you have though you should definitely make the stone in a month, or close enough!

Cybill - I think if I have got to healthy weight I might just have to run down the beach in my bikini anyway!!! Hope I don't get hypothermia!

Back