Lauren's diary - a new year, & a new beginnings!

You must be on a high today :)
I'm so pleased for you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am cause now it seems possible that I can get this weight off & I can be slim and happy again whereas for a long time it seemed like I'd never be able to do it.. But I'm proving to myself I can :) x

See Lauren ..???!!!!.....
does that mean I'm eating too much at 1500 cals ..??

No it means you need to keep constant, stop stressing and BE PATIENT.
You might lose quicker going down to 1200, but as soon as you upped your cals you will gain (and 1200 isn't consistent for the rest of your life)

Do you want to eat well, slowly lose the weight and maintain or have a deprived intense month, a euphoric feeling when you lose and the the resultant depression when you put the pounds back on by raising you cals.

You are doing really well Lindsey, you're eating healthily exercising snd slowly shrinking your body.

Thats wasn't supposed to be a lecture, but part of your downfall is comparing your loses to us much bigger gals who can drop the weight quicker atm as we have so much to lose.

(oh and i expected you to say the same to me when i get close to target and am moaning about slow loses)

No it means you need to keep constant, stop stressing and BE PATIENT.
You might lose quicker going down to 1200, but as soon as you upped your cals you will gain (and 1200 isn't consistent for the rest of your life)

Do you want to eat well, slowly lose the weight and maintain or have a deprived intense month, a euphoric feeling when you lose and the the resultant depression when you put the pounds back on by raising you cals.

You are doing really well Lindsey, you're eating healthily exercising snd slowly shrinking your body.

I'm trying :)

Here .... Was thinking ...

I reckon on working days that I could eat more .. But you wouldn't know until the end of the day ... By then its too late to stuff your face ....

I'm contemplating having each Sunday off plan, not to go completely nuts but to go out for food with OH or get a meal in etc.. I used to do this before with success because Sunday is weigh in day, so then I'd have 6 days to pull it back in & be as strict as possible with my calories and hope for a good loss the following Sunday... I'm consuming 1300-1500 a day now though & before I used to consume as little as 900, so I'm a bit wary that it may not be as successful as it previously was because I'm eating more through the week... I guess it's trial & error though isn't it? I could try it this week, get back on plan tomorrow & see how my loss is next Sunday? If it doesn't work so well then I know not to do it this time around... What does everyone think?

I'm contemplating having each Sunday off plan, not to go completely nuts but to go out for food with OH or get a meal in etc.. I used to do this before with success because Sunday is weigh in day, so then I'd have 6 days to pull it back in & be as strict as possible with my calories and hope for a good loss the following Sunday... I'm consuming 1300-1500 a day now though & before I used to consume as little as 900, so I'm a bit wary that it may not be as successful as it previously was because I'm eating more through the week... I guess it's trial & error though isn't it? I could try it this week, get back on plan tomorrow & see how my loss is next Sunday? If it doesn't work so well then I know not to do it this time around... What does everyone think?

I personally I think it's a great plan :) and I you have something to look forward to it'll keep on on track x

I do a similar and lose.
I explained further back, but when i have a weekend off (twice in five weeks) we eat out a lot so i go over calories.
I tend not to eat any different at home, purely in cafes/restaurants/pubs.

All i would say if you do it is still log what you eat. It makes your choices more conscious rather than eating for the sake if it.
Just shared a lovely cream tea with my boyfriend and all entered on MFP so i know the score.

I think it's gonna be trial and error, so I'm having today off but not going mental & binging like I used too.. just having one meal and one dessert afterwards that's naughty, otherwise had a good healthy breakfast.. Then I'll be straight back onto a strict calorie intake of 1300 tomorrow onwards & hopefully next Sunday I'll have another good loss!

If not then I know not to have days off & to limit treats to special occasions.. but I won't know unless I try. I'll probably weigh tomorrow just to see what damage today did also just to get some perspective on it.

Absolutely amazing - WELL DONE

If you did put weight on from your cheat day then it might not show until next week, so weighing tomoz isn't an accurate measurement, think it takes a few days for any fat you eat to turn into fat on your body, if that makes sense.

But anyway, I seriously wouldn't worry about it.

xxxxx

6lb?!?!?!? Fantastic. Well done Lauren. Keep it up honey. I hope you are really proud of yourself xx

laurenmay said:
I think it's gonna be trial and error, so I'm having today off but not going mental & binging like I used too.. just having one meal and one dessert afterwards that's naughty, otherwise had a good healthy breakfast.. Then I'll be straight back onto a strict calorie intake of 1300 tomorrow onwards & hopefully next Sunday I'll have another good loss!

If not then I know not to have days off & to limit treats to special occasions.. but I won't know unless I try. I'll probably weigh tomorrow just to see what damage today did also just to get some perspective on it.

If you have a cheat day today or slightly unhealthier than usual, I would probably advise you not go on the scales In the morning, as it could show a slight gain if you have eaten salty or heavier meals today. You can't have gained fat in one day so no point in weighing. As it wont be a true indication. Much the same as when we weigh lighter after having a sickness bug, and its loss of fluids which shows on the scale quickly rather than true weight loss.
I would wait till next Sunday as you are totally in the zone now and the wrong number on the scale I know can affect my whole dieting mood : / I don't want you to get despondent.
You have had a fab week, today won't of spoilt that because you are right back on track again.
Well done and keep up the healthy journey sweetheart xx

Back