Lindsay's progress

Thankyou guys ... I really don't think it's sunk in ... I wasn't with him when he passed as it was sudden but he, a week later, us still with coroner and I can't see him until he is with undertaker .. Can't even have a date for funeral yet ....
I need to see him and give him a kiss to say goodby and fir it to sink in that he's actually gone ....
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I really feel for you. Its very similar to when my dad died. I was over here and my dad died in germany. It only really sank in at the funeral. Hope you will be able to see him soon. Hugs xx

I've just caught up. I'm so very sorry for your loss, it is so sad to read this in can't imagine what you are going through. I hope you have a strong network around you and your not going through this alone xx

Hi

Thanks again x
Yes my support network is good and his wife and my two younger half sisters are ace...
Finally have coroner report and it was smoking related illness that was his demise .... I cannot stress the importance of not smoking and the people who think it'll never happen to them ... My dad was 63 ..!!!! So very young ..!!
The funeral is next Tuesday ... Which will be 16 days after he died ..!! A long time really x

Aww hun that is young, and a long time for the funeral. The smoking thing worries me sick. My mum smokes and is already ill from it. She is only 56. My hubby has quite and is a social smoker which I think is worse. I don't know how to get him to understand but it's so hard. It's hard to know what to say in there situations especially since I don't know you too well but it's nice to hear you've got some much support xx

Hi linz

thinking of you today.

Sarah xx

Hi Lindsay, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, I am new to the site and happened to come across your diary.
My own dad passes away recently from a smoking related disease after a very short illness.
Nothing will be real for a while and I can relate to how you feel as I was not with my dad when he passed.

If you want to chat I'm here as I can understand its a lonely time and hard at first to share feelings with family as you know their pain.

Sorry for jumping in but there is support for you everywhere. Look after yourself and your family. X

Hi Lindsay, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, I am new to the site and happened to come across your diary.
My own dad passes away recently from a smoking related disease after a very short illness.
Nothing will be real for a while and I can relate to how you feel as I was not with my dad when he passed.

If you want to chat I'm here as I can understand its a lonely time and hard at first to share feelings with family as you know their pain.

Sorry for jumping in but there is support for you everywhere. Look after yourself and your family. X

Hi :)
Nice to meet you x
Thankyou so much for our words x nice to know others hav been though exactly the same as me .. Well not nice .. But you know what I mean xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I know exactly what you mean, it's nice to know that your not the only one experiencing this. It's important for you to take time for yourself.

I had/have so much excess nervous energy I'm bad exercising!

Hi all

I'm still plugging away at the old weight lifting and eating more ..!! I'm constantly hungry tho ... Maybe I should eat more ..!!!!
The scales aren't moving and I don't think the tape measure is either ... However I look different so maybe I'm sculpting my muscles ..!!
I'm living the lifting and look forward to it ... Much more than I do cardio ... However saying that there's no way I could give cardio up ..!!! I still run once a week and do my HIIT class (bodytune) once a week which is a mixture of strength and cardio x I'm lifting 2-3 times a week ... Try fir three but sometimes life gets in the way .!

I'm ok mentally now after my dad passing away ... Still can't believe it but I haven't had any low days for a whole week now :) BONUS ...

I'm into the land of nights tonight ... Only two nights ... But it's enough .!! My next set of nights I'm going three ... Eurgh.....
We are moving to 12 hour shifts mid July which means 3 nights for me will be in the past ... ..Yay :) I do 22.5hrs a week x

Anyway hope you're all well :)

Lots of love n stuff xxxxxxxxx

Hello Lindsay, how are you? Xx

Hello lovely :)
I'm not too bad thanks :)
I'm still plodding along ... School hols have just started ... I have two 12 hour shifts between me and my hols too :)
How are you ..?? Xxxx

Sorry for late reply. Been on holiday to Germany to see my mum. Haven't put on any weight so quite happy with that :) Not back at work til Monday so still relaxing for the moment. Have a good holiday too. Are you going away or staying home? X

Tessa ... I'm about to finish my two week French holiday ... Boooo .... Could stay here forever :)

Vicky .... I'm ok ta .... Can't wait to get back to the weight training ... Although iv been running and swimming here in France ..!!

It has been great not to count and log and I haven't put weight on ... I don't think lol ....

Will stress myself out from Sunday when I start counting and logging again :-(

Xxxxxx

Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing holiday. Probably just what you needed :)
I am quite pleased I lost 1 Stone now since June. Hopefully I can keep it up.
My mum wanted to weigh me at her house. I refused. She has no idea how heavy I am and I like to keep it that way. She always goes on about how slim I was when I left Germany 15years ago. Strangely I remember at te time she always wanted me to lose more weight. At least I didn't argue with her this time. She means well just does it in a clumbsy way. :) xx

Back