LL June Starters

AJB

Silver Member
Hi :)
I've decided after much soul searching (and opposition :mad:) to start LL Total.

My group starts on 13th so just wondered if there was anyone out there who's starting in June too?

Or maybe those of you who have started recently could let me know how you've been getting on?

I've got to the point where I really don't like what I see in the mirror anymore :cry: so really need to do something about it now - don't get me started on the fact that I have to be bridesmaid at my brother's wedding in November :eek:

Looking forward to chatting on here and comparing losses :D

good luck JAB. This diet has changed my life and it will yours too if you let it. Those first few days can be hard, but remember they pass. I have had an excellent counselor and for me the sessions are so uplifting and I'm still having lots of light bulb moments. Enjoy these first few steps and remember this diet is the easiest thing you will ever do physically if you let it be, the emotional journey and self discovery is the hard part and one that lasts a life time!

Good luck June-ys. Come see some of the early posts in the other months to see what you may expect. good losses all round with very few side effects on the whole.

best of luck and keep us posted

Thanks for replies ladies! Have to say I'm getting really excited about this new start to the new me! I've had a good nosey around the site and the results have been incredible!

Getting rather fed up with negative comments from family and work colleagues though :( and I've not even started yet!

Did anyone else have the same experience? How did you overcome the negativity?

From the very begining I let people know this was my choice to do this diet and I didn't need their permission but appreciated their support and that's what I got. try not to act like this is a prision, but an adult choice. Worked for Me x

Thanks Gemma79 that's such good advice :)

I've realised that when I've talked about the diet I've done so in a negative way, with a focus on what I will be missing out on (boozy nights out) and not on the positives (fast weight loss).

I've decided now that I won't enter into conversations where I need to justify myself - I've made my decision - no one else has to like it but me!

well done AJB, as my LLC says, you are not in prision, you are free to leave at any time, this is a choice and you are making it. Good luck, it's an exciting time!

Hi AJB,
The way it worked for me?
I never thought of it as a "diet". It's not something you do, lose the weight and then go back to your old habits. It's an opportunity to completely re -evaluate your relationship with food and drink.
The first wek or so was a bit tough, but after that the weight comes off so quickly it inspires you to continue.
I tried not to get into a debate with people about it until I had already lost quite a bit, then they didn't have a leg to stand on! If people see you rapidly becoming smaller, healthier and happier -what can they say?
Good luck. Knock em dead!:)

Thanks SlendaBlenda that's just the kind of encouragement I need! I'm well aware that this is going to be a complete lifestyle change for me - I know I can never go back to the way I was eating - after all that's what got me into this state in the first place!

It's so good to see you are maintaining - I'm sick to death of hearing everyone say - "oh yeah you lose it quickly but it goes straight back on again after" - ggggrrrrrrr!

Good Luck to everybody starting in June!
I'll hopefully be joining you if I can get this medical form signed...

Hey all
I did LL from Aug to Dec 2008. I managed to lose just under 5 stone. Thankfully the CBT worked and I have not put on any weight and have managed to maintain, but have 5 stone more to go till I reach my goal. I have tried on an off to rejoin LL but it hasn't worked. I spoke to another counselor at my old place and asked if I could restart the 14 weeks instead of joining a refreshers or developers class, as I believe that I will be in the right frame of mind to stick to it. So as off next Monday, 7th June, I will be a LighterLife Totaller!! :D I so want to finish this journey and look forward to updating my ticker on a weekly basis! We can do this ;)

Hey all
I did LL from Aug to Dec 2008. I managed to lose just under 5 stone. Thankfully the CBT worked and I have not put on any weight and have managed to maintain, but have 5 stone more to go till I reach my goal. I have tried on an off to rejoin LL but it hasn't worked. I spoke to another counselor at my old place and asked if I could restart the 14 weeks instead of joining a refreshers or developers class, as I believe that I will be in the right frame of mind to stick to it. So as off next Monday, 7th June, I will be a LighterLife Totaller!! :D I so want to finish this journey and look forward to updating my ticker on a weekly basis! We can do this ;)

Wow 5st! You really are an inspiration :) Good Luck!

I'm starting on Saturday and am strangely excited, really hoping it works...but am thinking positively, it WILL work!

Thank you hanmac! :)

Wow 5st! You really are an inspiration :) Good Luck!

I'm starting on Saturday and am strangely excited, really hoping it works...but am thinking positively, it WILL work!

of course it will work, the principles are simple. If you stick to it the weight will drop off, there is no doesn't work with this diet. However some people decide it is not for them, but if you commit to it there's no if, good luck!

Hey Preeti, welcome back. Onward and downward. You will get back into it in no time. xxx:wave_cry:

Hi all,

I too am re-joining LL. I did LL May - July 2008 and lost 3 stone but I fell pregnant in October so since put it back on with a very difficult pregnancy. My baby has just turned 1 yr and after trying to re-join LL twice in that time but didnt last due to money, work or college, I am now ready. I will have 3 mths off college and cant wait to return at least 3-4 stone lighter!!! Im looking forward to just focusing on me and doing this for a better life.

I am collecting my packs today so I will be ready to start tmrw. Im taking some pics and measurements today and will do every month to see my progress, I remember how exciting this was for me before!!!! Cant wait xxx

Hi I'm joining up on 10th June - can't wait! Am very nervous as I tried CD a few years ago, and really couldn't keep up the willpower, but am looking forward to the meetings and my LLC is such a lovely, positive woman that I'm sure I will be able to stick to it this time - just keep my goal weight in mind - and my goal outfit!

Best of luck to all June starters - itll be great to have some LL buddies around!

Thanks for replies ladies! Have to say I'm getting really excited about this new start to the new me! I've had a good nosey around the site and the results have been incredible!

Getting rather fed up with negative comments from family and work colleagues though :( and I've not even started yet!

Did anyone else have the same experience? How did you overcome the negativity?

hi ajb. these comments will continue as you loose the weight too. you've got to rise above it and prove to them that its right for you or else you wouldnt be doing it. and it really does work! there are so many different types of people out there some who are genuinely concerned and some unfortunatly not so. and there are lots of jelous types too. dont let anyone get you down about somthing positive you are doing for yourself! good luck with your journey! keep us posted.

good luck to both SL's.

Keep us posted, the more I read of others successes the more confidence I have to stay strong and keep going.

Back