LL June Starters

Hi . I started LL in June and I have just joined this forum:eek:Newbie. I'm not very good on forums, etc! It's great to read about everyones epic losses on LL! I've been reading the posts for a few weeks now but only now feel confident enough to post.
Since my weigh in on Tues, I've been picking at food. I wont go into details of what I have eaten but its annoyed me. I'm back on track today ( for the moment anyway!) and I hope i dont succumb this evening as taking youngest daughter and 2 friends out for something to eat....I'm taking a peanut bar with me...just hope they dont laugh! ( teenagers).So p****d off as this is what I used to do before LL....raid the fridge and just pick all the time. I gotta change:sigh:

welcome.

Just do what I do and everytime you feel like picking come on here, see your progress and read what you have written and what others are going through or have achived. really makes you want to keep going.

You had some good losses to date.

dont forget that and use that to spur you on.

Thanks for the reply Flexiblefish.
All went well last night ....until I got home, then picking again. It wasn't a full blown binge just a couple of slices of ham and a thick slice of cheese.
I have got to get to grips with this as I know over the years its been my denial about the amount I have eaten thats made me gain weight and I so don't want to go down that route again.
I think I will be spending alot of time on here...maybe just reading through or maybe writing nonsense to get my mind of food.

Your right also, I must look at what I have lost and not focus on what I have to lose.....I'm so impatient!

And very well done to you for your weight loss....WOW!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Sorcha
:welcome2:
I've just looked at your ticker. You are doing so well. Don'tlet it slip now. It's so hard tounlearn the habits of a lifetime, but you can't kid yourself.
LL is something you have to commit to 100% or you waste all that effort and money!
The teenagers will soon take no notice of you having a bar and give you "respect" when they realise you are serious and how determined you are.
Good luck. Keep coming on here.
It is really helpful to know everyone has similar feelings.
What's your group like?

Hi slendablenda and thanks for the welcome:)
My group is lovely although we started with 10 of us 16 june, there are only 4 of us now which is quite sad really. Our counseller is amazing...she is so down to earth and she makes you feel like you can achieve anything you put your mind to. After reading some threads on here about peoples experiences with their counsellers, I'm counting myself lucky I have a good'un!

I think my problem with the picking is just habit...and your right, it will be a complete waste of money if I do cheat. My hubby moans about how much it costs anyway and even though I have lost weight, he thinks its a waste of time and money as it wont last. Poor bloke....hes seen me lose a few lb's, then gain a stone and then some over the past years, so bet hes getting fed up with it really...I know i would.
I know food was my cuddles and drink used to be my hugs and I've been a moody cow recently as I have got so many emotions swimming around and i keep bursting into tears for no reason. My life is changing so much ( not just the weight) but because I am losing weight and can't use food in the amounts I used to I'm actually having to face these feelings brewing up in me and i don't like it as i dont know how to deal with it all.
Ooopps sorry about the ramble.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and thanks again slendablenda.

I'm off to have a hot chocolate:)

hi sorcha!!!

looks like you are doing well, my group statred with a few on the 15th June and we are now down to 5 possibly 4 by next week. i am not getting too much counselling at the moment too because there are not enough people staying for group.

There were 3 in our group last night and I was the only one that hadn't lapsed! Was slightly miffed to have been 100% and only lost 2lbs when they'd gone out and enjoyed themselves and got a 1lb loss - don't even get me started on one Returner who louded announced that she was hung over before getting weighed!

Hi Lind.
That seems a bit harsh....less of you in your group means less counselling??? I would have thought it would be the opposite!
Do you get on with your counsellor? Maybe you could mention that after chatting on forums that you feel the group could do with more guidance?? Easier said than done though!!
Good luck!:)

Hey AJB stick with it. I was the only one in my group who didn't lapse - not even once - and I know how galling it is when the lapsers have bigger weight losses than you. Try to look at the big picture though - in the end it doesn't matter what they do, it's what you do that will change your body.
Keep it up - you're doing great!
Yx

Hi Ajb.
I was told that the laspsers wil be the ones that lose the weight, but will put it back on again quickly and then will have to do the whole thing again!
Now at the moment I fall into that category...as I have been picking...but I have put that behind me and will be 100% and going over why i do reach for food for comfort....there is no way I'm doing all this for me not to have learnt anything!
Have a good day:)

Thanks FQ - it was annoying though - especially as I knew my lack of a big loss was due to all the exercise I've done this week (gotta love those spinning and body pump classes!)

Anyway I've decided that its just as important to change my shape and improve my fitness than what it says on the scales so certainly won't be giving up the gym even though my body is playing silly beggars (don't get me started about my THREE weeks TOTM!)

I was going to talk to my LLC about all this tonight but I have discovered this morning she is on holiday for the next 2 weeks. I am paying £70 a week for the same thing as other people are paying half for on Exante or CD. I am seriously thinking about changing.
I went to my docs this morning and had my own weigh in!! Lost 1lb so I will take that as I fell off the wagon and I have exercised like a demon trying to right the wrong.

Lind, why not try and contact someone at the LL website? Tell them the situation (from the start), and see what they suggest. You're really NOT getting what you've paid for. I'm afraid if it was me I'd kick up a stink!

Hi lucy - like the avatar pic. It's good to see who's talking. x

After the 5 lbs I put on on holiday I have lost 6 lbs this week :)

Well done Preeti for getting straight back into it! Has it been hard work?

Well done Preeti that's great!
Did you have a good holiday?
x

Thank you!!!
It has been tough but at the moment the determination to get to goal in me is so high, I think it helped to keep focussed. Plus I brought a brand new wardrobe from the outlets which I need to get into ;)

@Hannah
It was fab!!! Would go back asap if I could!!

@Hannah
It was fab!!! Would go back asap if I could!!

That's great! Florida is just brilliant, has something for everyone!

My parents are in Florida atm as we have a house out there, and this is the first year where I haven't been able to go. Am definitely missing my annual outlet shopping spree!!

But am hopefully going at Christmas so another thing to look forward to, and will hopefully be at my goal by then so lots of new clothes for me!

Back