LL September Starters/Re-starters

Tracy I'll go back on total next week. I've decided. Despite the fact it's my bday next Sunday. I feel better when I'm on full abstinence and the weight seems to be not coming off this week at all. It's like it got stuck on a certain weight and it refuses to shift. I must be patient.
Kim thank you for your kind words! I really appreciate it!

Try not to worry about it Magic. Don't forget you are doing this for YOU.
Your instinct will tell you what's right. (But if it was me I would go back to abstinence)!
You've done so well this far. If you don't finish the job you'll be disappointed.
Best of luck whatever you decide xx

I went to see my LLC this afternoon as I can't stay for tonight's class and I lost 3 lbs. I'm pleased with the result, esp because i have been doing Lite for the past week.
I'm due on as well so i think it would have been a bit more if it wasn't for water retention (my best friend).
I had to say goodbye to my group for now because I won't be able to attend our Monday evenings classes due to work commitments. It's sad because they are a nice bunch but i will come back after the xmas madness is over at work (long long hours etc).
I will now be coming to see my LLC on Tuesday as this will be my day off until after xmas.
Other than that, my birthday dress arrived this morning and it's tiny! lol
I tried it on quickly and it fits so i'm happy, very self consious though. I never ever wore a mini, nevermind a bodycon one.
I now have less than a week to get down a few more pounds so i'm back on total until further notice!
Wish me luckk ppl :)

awww mags im glad you sound happier, and wish you all the luck in the world! you'll be fine honey xx

good luck Mags! i bet the dress looks amazing!

I lost 1.89lbs last night, which is OK seeing as my TOTM is due and i feel quite bloated!

I am finding the temptation to eat quite hard to control at the moment! i think feeling cold all the time is not helping! brrrrr!

Hello, ladies! Hope everyone is doing ok. I only lost 1lb this week, but am not too bothered... see my diary and signature! Hehe!!

Can't see your signature as I'm using an iPhone app but I'll check your diary in a sec. 1lb is a loss. I'm just hoping I haven't put on too much but expecting quite a high + (sigh)

After last weekend's antics I was expecting a big gain.
It turns out I only put on a pound.
Result!
Anyway. Back on abstinence from yesterday and im feeling fine.
Xmas party tomorrow but will abstain from food. Don't even feel tempted by the chocolate cake that's still in my fridge.
I think last weekend helped me a lot actually. I got it out off my system. Now I'm back on track.
:)

Are we the only two left on here?! Am not expecting a loss this week as it's milk week but we will see...

Good luck girls. This forum is very quite x

It's Xmas and you know how it's like. I have been really busy with work and will be even more busy in the coming weeks but will keep popping in as much as I can.
Nutty is still here and Hannah and Slenda. We won't leave you don't worry ;)

Hi ladies
I just got a newsletter from my old LLC which i found really interesting so i thought i'd share it with you all.
It's about xmas while being on a diet.
It's a bit long but here it goes..

My Christmas season always kicks off during the last weekend of November when just about everyone I know has a birthday and it continues relentlessly for the next five weeks with a stream of parties, drinks, catching up with friends, client lunches and of course the family celebrations over the actual Christmas period.

Last Christmas I put on a half a stone onto my already overweight body and it was then that I decided I needed to take charge of my weight, so I joined LighterLife, dropped three dress sizes, followed Route to Management and have now successfully maintained my weight for 4 months.

Well, that November weekend has just happened and was as full-on as ever and my diary is filling up with all sorts of Christmas festivities - just about all of which, on the face of it will involve eating and drinking. So how will I ensure I continue to maintain my weight? Well, I've been giving it some thought and here are a few ideas which I have learnt in my own personal development and with Elena in my LighterLife group meetings.

1) Recognise it isn't going to be easy all the way
I think it's important to remember that we've all been overweight and do have a bit of a problem with over-indulgence, and therefore it's ok that this is going to be a challenge. With that in mind, you can take a step back and think about what you need to make it through Christmas, still have lots of fun without putting on too much weight and continue to feel great about yourself.

2) Plan ahead
It's so easy to just turn up and have whatever is on offer at parties, both food and drink. Find out what the catering arrangements are. If it's just drink and canapés, eat beforehand so that you don't get caught out, drink too much and end up getting a takeaway on your way home because you're starving. The same could apply if it's a buffet. Eat something healthy and filling at home and then the cocktail sausages won't look so appealing.

3) Be the person that orders 'light'
When I was overweight I always grudgingly admired friends that ordered a light meal, regardless of what was on offer. Now that person is me and you. You know that you don't need the juiciest, yummiest thing on offer, so why would you need it just because it's Christmas? You'll feel so much better when you get home and don't have to unbutton your jeans, or worse have to go and buy a bigger pair.

4) Get creative
I run my own business, and Christmas is the time of year when all of my clients expect to be entertained. This is usually a lunch but this year I'm doing things differently. I'm taking two of my female clients to see the shoe galleries at Selfridges and then we'll go for a glass of champagne. We'll go in the afternoon, so after lunch, and it gives them time to get on to their evening arrangements. If you're in the same boat and need to entertain clients, think about what they like and find something interesting to do with them that doesn't involve too much food. Maybe they'd like to see a particular exhibition. It'll be a nice change for them too, as I'm sure their waists will be expanding anyway!

5) Remember you're not a dustbin
Just because it's there, you don't have to have it. Wolfing down available food at a party won't help anyone in Africa, but it will hurt you.

6) Don't give in to peer pressure
Coaxing colleagues or Italian mother-in-laws, and the like, will all try to get you to eat and drink more. You'd tell a child how to cope with peer pressure, now apply it to yourself and don't let other people encourage you to slip. You will only feel bad about it after.

7) Weigh yourself regularly
If you are out being sociable keep a close track of your weight. If you see it creeping up then you'll know you need to pull it back. Go out for a run or hit the gym and you'll be back on the straight and "narrow" before you know it.

8) Save treats for controlled environments
One important lesson I've learnt recently is that if I have chocolate or cakes at home all of my willpower disappears and I want to have to have them - all of them. So, I now only have such treats when I'm out for dinner, when it's a controlled sized portion and generally there is only one of them. This works well and I'm going to keep that up over Christmas and not buy boxes of mince pies and the like. There will be plenty available elsewhere and that will be a nice odd treat.

9) Follow the habits of slim people
I went for afternoon tea last weekend where a ridiculous amount of cakes and scones were served. I had one cake and had the rest wrapped to take home, but actually I then gave the parcel to a friend. And the funny thing was that all of the slim people at the tea did the same thing, whereas the bigger ladies all took their cakes and everyone else's. Interesting!

10) Keep your 'before' picture in sight
If nothing else works, this should keep you thinking twice before over-indulging! It always works for me.

11) Keep in touch with your Counsellor
If things get tough I know where I need to go to get the support I need. Popins with Elena over the Christmas period should really help keep me focussed.

Have a great Christmas and good luck!

Gentle reminder... Be Grateful by Unknown Author

We sometimes get so caught up with life that we sometime forget that there is so much to be grateful for, yes even you!

You can start this process off by choosing to re-structure how you VIEW what is going on in your life, so that you can truly see that there are, in fact, Higher reasons for anything and everything that is happening to you in your life. That reason is to get you to pull yourself up from within, to find much needed compassion - first for yourself, and then for those that seem to grate on your every last nerve.

Then, it's time to really take an inventory of all you DO have, that you may really take for granted. Perhaps you have two legs and two arms. There are many that do not! Perhaps you have a "failed" relationship. Please realize that ANY relationship enters our life so we can grow. Growth is sometimes painful, however, the pain DOES pass.

Happines can NEVER be obtained "from the outside in." It can ONLY come from within your mind, and how you view the situation at hand. It is not money, or people, or events that bring us happiness, it is our BEING and expressing all that we are that CREATES our happiness, from the inside out.

No matter what your situation, you can find a way to view it from a higher perspective. You can look back on certain events in your life and see that the growth and learning was worth the suffering.
You have all probably heard the saying "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!"

When life, or one area of your life, has you at the bottom of the proverbial barrel, take an enormous look at the power of your mind. You can create a new way just by deciding to do so. Your conviction to transform anything in your life CAN be done with conscious attention, focus, determination, conviction, and perseverance.It is often said that the most accomplished people had to undergo vastly great hardships.

Above all else, remember that you do have Divine assistance at all times. ASK for what you are requesting, and EXPECT to receive new clarity, inner guidance, direction, and support. Live with more trust and less fear. Live with more belief and less doubt - especially in yourself. No matter what anybody tells you - you ARE worthy, lovable, and quite admirable. THAT is what you must be grateful for - it is for who you are, and the true difference you are making. Even if you volunteer to feed the ducks outside - you are making a difference. CREATE the changes you would like to see in your life - simply by being all that you are. It all begins in your heart. That, combined with your mind are the most valuable assets you can ever have - because you can create profound changes just by giving a smile. You are THAT powerful. Never take yourself for granted, and always follow your truth. You will then be grateful for being all that you are, and as a result, this world will be much better because of the difference you came here to make.

Thank YOURSELF for being you.

Personal Trainer Matt's Top Tips to Getting More Active

Walking
This is the easiest exercise you can to do. Walk as often as you can, such as walking the dog, walking to the shops, walking the children to school etc. This will burn calories as well as making you heart and lungs healthier. Walk at a pace that gets you slightly out of breath and gets your heart rate up.

Using the stairs
Wherever you can, take the stairs instead of the lift or escalator. This will give your legs a good workout, building stronger muscles and helping to burn calories and improve your heart and lung health.

Beginner exercises
Take exercises such as press ups and tailor them to your ability. I.e. standing press ups against a wall instead of on the floor, bicep curls with tins of beans, simple standing squats, etc. These can be looked up on Youtube to view the correct form. This will also strengthen muscles throughout the body, improving your posture and making everyday activities easier to carry out.

Get out in the fresh air
The hardest thing about getting more active is getting started, so get your clothes on that you're comfortable exercising in and get out there. Once you're there it's easy to begin. Walking through the 'gym doors' is half the battle.

Join a local gym
Joining a gym is a great way to get motivated. There are lots of other people exercising at all fitness levels and you can get a Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer to create a starter programme for you as a structured workout regime.

Set goals
It is important to set short term and long term SMART goals at the same time. The short term goals will keep you motivated as you keep hitting your targets while still keeping the main long term goal in sight.

Routine
Make exercise part of your lifestyle. This doesn't mean running 10 miles everyday, just incorporate the tips above in your daily life and you will see and feel the benefits.

Always consult your GP before taking up an exercise regime.

Hi Ladies,

Mags - thanks for that post that really puts it into perspective!

This week i lost 3.3lbs, bringing my total to 40.7lbs in 11 weeks! :)
Flagging a bit already this week, but determined to hit that 3 stone mark on Monday, so hoping that will keep me going!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far! x

Great post Mags - thank you. Very timely for Christmas with parties and entertaining coming up.
:Christmas02r:

Well, as expected, only a pound off this week as it was milk week. My last week of foundation this week! I don't know where the time's gone! We have visitors today who I haven't seen since July. Neither me nor my husband has mentioned anything to them about me doing LL so they are going to get a surprise!

everyone in my group is going on to Developers, which is nice as we can stay together. The only thing is we were the last 'closed' group. LL has changed and is now modular, so people can join every four weeks. This means that we'll get some new joiners as well. I'm not sure how I'd feel if that were me, to be honest. I guess it should be motivational to see and talk to people who have already done foundation, but I do think it's a bit strange.

Anyway... Hope everyone is doing ok. We're putting up our tree today. Yay!

Hi everyone :)

As most of you know I've been away with PC problems which are still ongoing, so I am well out of touch with this thread, but I always liked it so wanted to pop back in.

I hope everyone is doing well, and geraing up for Christmas. :)

Looking at your tickers, it looks like everyone is getting closer and closer to those goals! Yay!!

I am back on LL, properly. Not as a quick fix - but after this last years chain of horrible eventsm I completely lost my head space. Everything got to be too much, and I eventually gave in to needs of comfort, knowing full well there would be a price to pay. So here I am, now in a great headspace, and ready to nail it again.

So I will be abstaining with you over the holidays. The excitement I feel at getting back to where I was is far more pleasant, then the thought of some heavy stodgy oversweet unnecessary meals. :) I jut can't WAIT to get there, its really exciting.

I am feeling the best I have felt in such a long time jut knowing I am in control, completely again. Phew. That was a tough hill to climb, but I can say I am now on the down slope.

Well, I hope you are all good, and getting on fine still. Have a great weekend. :)

xxx

Congrats magic that's fab!!!

I lost 1.54lbs this week.....got my 3stone :) I want to lose another stone then try and maintain! This diet really is amazing with how quickly the weight comes off!

Magic well done you thats fab! x

Back