LL September Starters/Re-starters

yoyo-ohno

Hi,
I am (re) starting my LL journey on Thursday 2nd September & would love to hear from anyone else who is starting about the same time.

This forum is really great for support so it would be lovely to hear from you so we can share our ups & downs & give virtual hugs as required!

I have been through LL before (in fact last time as a September 2009 starter ... are any of you still lurking out there? :)) and am more than a little embarrassed to say I have piled all my weight back on and more ...... :eek:

I hope we can get a really good group going ... look forward to hearing from you

lots of love
yoyo
xxxx

Hi,

Im new to lighter life and will also be starting on 2nd Sept. So we can journey together. Ive never done this before, so all the support will be great. look forward to sharing our losses.

Nutty x;)

Hello! I'm new too. Going to an information session on Tuesday and then hope to start LL soon after. Was it easy to get your GP to fill in the form? I haven't done LL before so this is all new to me too, Nutty. Yoyo - let's hope this is the last time you have to do LL!

Hi spanglymum,

Initially my GP wouldnt sign the form as I had some medical problems. But I went back this year and so a different GP and they agreed it could only benefit me. I took the information re lighterlife with me and explained all my reasons for wanting to do this. My counsellor also gave the number of a private GP, but it is better to have your own GP on board. Good luck.
Nutty

Hi Ladies,
Good to hear from you both :)
Spaglymum, I hope you can get started soon after the info session - i've found that once you have decided to do this diet, you want to get going straight away! fingers crossed for a quick start for you :) I've not had to get a new GP approval as my medical status hasn't changed so I think my previous one is still valid ..phew! I know some GPs can be a bit prickly about LL.
I know LL works for me like nothing else seems to - the only thing I need to do though is change my habits when i finish the programme rather than going back to eating the same old crap by the bucket!!
I'm going to tackle abstinence this time the same way I did when I did the programme the first time ... i did not deviate even a smidging from abstience ... not a crumb or morsel ;)

Look forward to hear more about you both ... and anyone else who fancies joining us :D

lots of love
yoyo
xx

I totally agree - I'm really keen to get started now I've made the decision and the thought of waiting is really frustrating!! Hope I get started soon. How many people are usually in a group?

Once I've been weighed etc I'll set up a ticker... ooh this is quite exciting actually! Been meaning to do something about my weight for a couple of years now but life kind of got in the way...:eek:

Thanks BL:)

Spangly, the groups I've been in before have had between about 9 & 14 at the beginning - the best groups are the ones that have the same numbers by week 13!

xx

Ive set my first weight loss of 3 stone.
Then I will set my next goal.
I think Im frightened to set a main goal as Ive never reached it and always felt like a failure. Therefore, I ve decided to set small targets.
Over the past few days Ive been thinking hard about how Ive reached this stage in my life. After many traumatic and stressful episodes in my life I realise I always put myself last at all times and stopped looking after myself. I realise I am a comfort eater, I eat when Im happy, sad , upset or stressed. It has become a way of life. When I do well or have a weight loss - what do I do ? EAT !!!!!! I put on weight, lost confidence in myself and became a negative person. My friend said my balloon had burst and that describes exactly how I feel.
I know I have alot of work to do to change my life style.
Ive done loads of diets: weight watchers, slimmers world, lipotrim , sure slim, weight to go. Lose weight and then put back on. I become frustrated and then give up. So why will LL work for me ?
I think the counselling will help. More choice with the shakes ect. This time its all about me and I feel I have to think about myself for a change or nothing is going to change. My work always comes first and takes over my life and Ive hidden behind it in the past. Not any more, if I dont change my health is just going to get worse and my weight is already affecting my every day life.
Any how, I felt I needed to share a little of me to start moving forward. look forward to our journey together.

So onwards and downwards ......

Nutty x

Last edited:
Hi ladies, and welcome! The counselling aspect of LL is what makes it so different. Well, that and the fact that you can literally see the weight melting off you! If you make sure that you really pay attention in group, actively participate in any activities and then go over them again during the week, your attitude to food and to yourself will change greatly. Nutty, you WILL do it this time - it's so easy. Just read through some of the diaries on here and you will read about success after success after success. Don't start by wondering if you'll be able to do it this time. KNOW you can do it. I, like Yoyo, have done this before. The weight (nearly 5 stone) dropped off in 17 weeks then I thought I could do it on my own and didn't do RTM. Result? Me back here again! I didn't put it all on, I put about half of it back on and then managed to get my head in the right place to do LL again. I wish I'd done it sooner. It's SO easy to not have to think about food at all. I don't have to make healthy choices whilst I'm losing weight - I only have to choose which flavour I want! I find it very liberating and hope you will too.

Oh, and most people (me included) seem to have heaps more energy when they're in Ketosis. Good luck, ladies. As Nutty said - onwards and downwards!!

Morning!

Nutty, thanks for sharing ... like you I've tried everything before & several times over! The good news though is that I KNOW LL works for me and so I'm sure it will work for you too :)

Karen, its so great to read your (& everyone who is already on LL) messages cos they are so upbeat & positive about the way LL makes you feel so much better about yourself in such a short time !

****WARNING SOME FOOD TALK *****

So with 4 days to go before my LL re-start day, I've had my last cup of tea with milk ... I have skimmed anyway but decided not to buy any more once this carton is finished. Previously the thought of not having a brew when I got up was awful but actually a drink of water in the morning ain't so bad;)
I know you are meant to try & reduce your carbs so I'll stop with the biscuits & crisps now too .... think I've eaten all the ones I like in the house anyway :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is there a blender you can get for when you're on the go? I think I remember reading about them last time but never bought one ...

Enjoy the bank holiday guys

yoyo
xx

It's a really good idea to get prepared a few days early Yoyo. I cut out carbs for 3 days before and I was in ketosis by the beginning of day 2. I have never bothered with a blender at all. If you shake the cold shakes hard enough they're fine. I find with the soups I mix them with a little cold water in a mug, mash out the lumps with a spoon then add boiling water. You'll find your own ways for when you're out and about. Good luck!!!

I couldn't have lived without my blender - you must have a good shake there Lucy! :D

There is a little cup, with a built in blender that worked well with soups - not so much with shakes. I had a look on ebay and can't find it now. But there is something out there!

Last edited:
Hi everyone
I am returning to LL on 9th sept. I have done it twice before and said I would never do it again but have tried lots of other diets which havent worked. Really excited - just trying to get courage to tell my teenage girls who really wont approve.
Anyway good luck everyone
xx:)

Thanks for the replies about the blenders ...... I'll keep my eye out for one. When I've done LL before, I tended to make all my shakes as "mousses" & I hated the soups .... just trying to think differnetly this time ;)

Hi Kathryn, welcome back .... I think our stories are pretty similar. I said last time was my last chance to do LL properly. I've been through the 100 days twice (without cheating!) and re-started a few more times since without much success or commitment.
So this is it .... last chance saloon !!
I've not told anyone yet - I know I'm gunna get some negative comments from people who love me but i also know that they will support me once I get underway.

take care
yoyo
xx

hi to all the newbies!!!! AND A WARM WELCOME.
just wanted to wish you all the very best, you will be amazed at your losses, best thing ive ever done LL is.
lots of luck to you all xx

Hi peeps! I always use a 'smoothie-to-go' which I got from Tesco. It comes with two large 'cups' with travel lids so that you can make your shake, pop on the lid and take it with you. I make it with lots of ice and water and it makes a really thick, scrummy shake. Kind of like a McDonald's shake but better!!

Back