LL September Starters/Re-starters

Great news spanglymum :D
You will stick to it & we will be at least 3 stone lighter for Xmas ...what a fantastic thought :D
yoyo
xx

Hiya everyone

Been today for my packs so I will start tomorrow morning.

It's not my first time at this but I need to stick to this it's my last chance.

I will be at least 3 stone lighter by Christmas.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and good luck.

x x x

Morning everyone

Hope you all being good and those of you who havent started yet enjoy the freedom lol....

Day 1 for me today so gonna try and keep busy to keep my mind off things. Will pop back later and let you all know that I have completed day 1 because I definately will this time.

Speak later x x

Just wanted to say Hi and well done to all of the September starters - whether you're complete newbies or returners, it's the best decision you could have made! Wishing you all the best :)

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would stop by. I am on day five of Exante, and it's going well. I am getting used to the flavours, although none are very nice!!

Did a quick sneaky weigh this morning and I'm 7lbs down already which is just amazing - got to keep getting that water down me to see if I can drop any further before my 'unofficial' WI on Wednesday.

It is weird that I don't have to go to a group or a weigh in session or anything. Nice, but weird... and I'm also worried about when I waver, I won't have anyone to have to explain myself to - except myself. This is going to be much harder on me psychologically than when I did LL I think... I did rely a lot on my counsellor, group etc. Gulp!

Anyway - really feeling in the "zone", went out last night and all my friends were desperately trying to get me to have a real drink, but I stuck with my sparkling water and stayed out until they all hobbled off in search of junk food. Very proud of myself - in the past I used to last only a couple of hours then slope home when no one was looking, lol.

Anyway - hi to everyone and have a great Sunday! :)

A x

Well done Anna :D

Day 3 today for me & guess what .... ketostik turned pick this morning - yay!!

I will do this .... I will do this ..... I will do this ..

yoyo
xx

Well done Anna,
Hi Yoyo not checking the stick will wait to wednesday weigh in. Hope alls well. Just completed day 4 .... feeling ok.

Nutty

I'm on day 2 and I feel great! I had a slight headache last night so I had an early night and this morning I feel great. I'm slightly hungry but I'm sure I'll be fine as soon as I have my porridge at work.
I had my first group meeting last night and it was great. A small group of 4 for now but I'm sure that will change (Xmas coming up lol).
My LLC is lovely. So motivating. I probably shouldn't be saying this but she is so much more competent than my first one :S
She made us all feel so positive and made us believe in ourselves and that we can do it!
So we all commuted to losing 3 st by 15th Dec (100 days). That's 10 days after my birthday! If that's not a goal I don't know what is! ;)
Roll on first WI!
Mags xx

Any room for a little 'un?

Hi all,

Mind if I slip in? I'm on day four of my LL journey and could do with some support :)

Like Yoyo I was a September Starter in 2009, I lost about 35lbs and learned loads, then moved to LLL after a while to try and get my head round handling food. But I found LLL really uninspiring because everyone in my group was cheating(!), I let myself get talked out of my goal weight and in the end had to come off the diet about 10lbs from goal as I was having some medical stuff investigated.

Basically over the last year I've gained a stone as I've gone back to my old eating behaviours, but it did start to bug me so I've made some changes - looking for a new job, quit smoking (a biggie for me!) and decided to come back on LL to lose the stone I gained and a further one to get goal. It's weird how easy it is to start losing control of your life and hand the steering wheel over to circumstance, other people, etc. Well, no more Mrs Nice Beeswax, etc.!

That said, I have had a whale of a time - and learnt some new recipes - so I don't consider it a failure (even though I've spent *months* beating myself up).

Anyway, on Friday I ate all the things I like eating and started on Saturday, and I'm off work till tomorrow (I felt quite unwell getting into ketosis the first time), but was surprised to find myself in ketosis (and 5lbs down according to my scales) yesterday! I felt brilliant then - not so good now, very tired, but in a positive mood.

It's really nice to be back on LL because I'm thinking about myself, and how I handle things. It does feel like I've had my fingers in my ears, singing "lalalala" at the first sight of any trouble, for the last few months.

Sorry for the essay, but just wanted to say hello and tell you my story. I've read this thread so far and you're all doing BRILLIANTLY. Hope it's okay to join the group :)

Hi Bea,welcome aboard....:)
best of luck with your journey, were all here for each other you will get great support on here x

Hi Bea! Stay strong babes. You've done it before so you know you can do it again!
Just think of things that stopped you from succeeding last time and try to learn from them. And try not to think of LL as a diet. Diets are so bad for you. I think of abstinence as a form of therapy that helps me deal with my deamons.
I'm on my day 2 and so far I find it relatively easy. Saying that I'm aware it might get tough at times and funnily enough I am looking forward to it because I know it's a process I need to go through to get better :)
You'll be fine trust me. Just believe in yourself.
The Power Lies Within You!
Mags xxx

Welcome Bea,

Look forward to sharing our journeys. Good luck.x

Nutty

Hi Bea, great to have you back with us :grouphugg:

Sounds like we've all got off to a great start in this september gang ... if posivitivy alone could make you lose weight we'd all be size zeros;)

Can't wait to hear everyone's week 1 WI's.
(if you're interested I set up another thread to record our september goals & losses on ...)

My hunger pangs have definitily done a runner now so happy days:D

Take care

yoyo
xx

I'm however really struggling all of a sudden :(
I'm on my 2 and I was fine all day... until now. I can really feel the hunger now and it's almost painful :(
Let's hope tomorrow, Thursday max that feeling will be gone.
Roll on ketosis!!!
Mags xxx

Hang in there Mags .... the worst is almost over.
Another early night might be on the cards eh?
Take care
yoyo
xx

Tell me about it! It's been a long day with nightmare journeys to work and home due to tube strike in London.
Mags xxx

Welcome, Bea! Nutty - good luck for your weigh in today. Mags, I hope you start feeling a lot better soon. I'm really nervous/excited - first proper meeting on Friday. Already turned down a visit to our local farmers' Market this weekend as think it would be too tempting! Good luck to all of us!

Hi all :p

I have decided to scrap the pharmacy diet and go back on LL abstinence. I start today. I posted a thread on Sept re-starters, but basically, I lost 6 stones, have put back on nearly 2, so in 8 weeks I will be back to where I got to, then I will be carrying on.
I am in Development as I completed foundation last Dec.

Day 1 for me today, so expecting a headache or 2 and a bit of nausea, but once I get into Ketosis, I'm on my way back into all the lovely bras I bought in January!! :p:p

Good luck everyone. x :)

Hi Bea and Laydeebug :) Welcome...

I am a bit of a traitor over here, but still post now and again because I feel a kinship with LL from my time doing it in 2008/2009...

A bit like you, I lost just over 5 stone.... came off a stone and a half before goal, then put on a stone and a half in last 18 months - so I am back on abstinence to lose the three that gets me to goal! :)

However, this time around I am having money probs so I am doing Exante rather than LL, but the principle is the same (except the flavours aren't as nice and I only get 2 packs and a bar a day, boooo! Haha).

Anyway - to those I have met before... helloooo! Hope you are all doing well. I started on 1st September, so this morning did my official first week weigh in and am proud to announce I've lost NINE AND A HALF POUNDS!! Yep... that's...

NINE AND A HALF POUNDS!!!!!!!

So so happy. I lost 6lbs in my first week the 'last time', so am ecstatic that I lost more this time, being so much lighter in the first place! :)

Fingers crossed it keeps going at a good rate (9.5lbs a week might be pushing it!!)... if I can lost 4 a week, rather than 2/3, I will be super thrilled! :D

Hugs to all and can't wait to read all your first week WI results!

A x x

Back