LL September Starters/Re-starters

I'm with her - ditch the scales. Just weigh once a week at WI or they will rule your life and set your mood.
Get rid of them while you're on LL. i STILL won't have scales in the house.

Thanks ladies. I'm really chuffed with the loss even though i know it will slow down from now on.
I feel really good today. Had a mega busy day at work but I was still bursting with energy. It's funny how a few days can make all the difference :)

Well done magiclove - brilliant loss!!
Ive got my first weigh in tonight a day early so fingers crossed for me! I have been standing on the scales which I need to get rid of as they are going to rule my life.
A bit worried about sticking to it tomorrow as Im going to a funeral which will be very traumatic and sad as its a young person.
Anyway Im off to try the porridge again!! xxxx

Good luck, Kathryn. I'm really sorry to hear about the funeral. I expect we will all have times when we are really tested during this diet, but it's come very quickly for you - and such a sad occasion. Just try to remember why you are doing this. How would breaking your diet help things?

On a more flippant note, I think I've cracked the porridge now and it's an ok texture. I like having it for breakfast with the family as it feels quite normal - just wish it wasn't so incredibly sweet!

Went to my first "pop-in" last night and am pleased to say I've lost 4lbs. Couldn't believe it. Really happy. So sure that this is the right diet for me. Swapped some packs as well - so I now have some bars to try and have got rid of the vanilla and strawberry that I had left. Turns out I really do have a savoury tooth (if there is such a thing!)

Hi Ladies,

Well done to all of you who have successfully lost weight with Lighter Life. I started reading forums/blogs on LL last week, attended an informative meeting, got my form signed by a pharmacist (as my doc wouldn't) and attended a session last night.

So, this morning I almost reached for a bottle of my beloved pepsi max and then quickly remembered that it is out of bounds. I'm trying to wait as long as possible before I eat my first foodpack as evenings for me are the worse time of day, and would like to have a hot chocolate before bed.

I've never attempted LL before and I am really excited, but my main worry is losing a huge amount of weight and then piling it back on. My class last night was a mixed bunch - two ladies in RTM after losing 10 stone and 8 stone, a lady who has been trying for 2 and a half years but isn't able to stick to it and quite a few returners who have lost the weight and then put it back on. I guess my worry is the CBT is supposed to deal with the relationship you have with food so when you start eating again, you don't go back into the old eating habits but it is quite obvious a lot of people do. I'd be interested in knowing how the people who have maintained for a decent amount of time has done it.

Hope everyone has a good day.

C x

Hi Carlie Lou. I lost 10 stone in 2008, and I am still maintaining. There have been1 or 2 ups and downs, but I have managed to always bring it back down, and it never goes very far up.

RTM is the key. I bet 9 out of 10 who regain weight did not complete RTM. That, in myu opinion, is essential.

Also, LL is a great diet - but it is NOT a magic pill, and just because we participate in CBT does not mean our old habits will change, UNLESS WE CHANGE them. ;) And that is continuous hard work. But it is doable if it means enough to you.

Good luck. It will all work, if you work with it. :)

Hi Blonde Logic,

10 stone is absolutely amazing and to maintain for so long too... you must be really proud.

I suppose the real work starts when you get to RTM, because it is when the food is reintroduced that you actually know which habits you need to work on the most. I think I'll definitely do the RTM - I can't imagine how disappointed I'd be if I end up back at the start - and the money spent by the end of foundation would've been a decent deposit for a car (I've used my savings to pay for the first month). I don't think it's an option (if I succeed at this) to pile back on the weight.

C x

Hi CharlieLou! We have a similar amount to lose and I have the same anxieties as you. I will definitely be doing RTM as it does seem to be really crucial to maintaining a stable weight long-term. This is my first go at LL as well.

Can I ask why there are RTM people in your group? I thought the different stages were meant to be in different groups (but as I'm new to this I could very well have got that wrong!)

Thing is though - does it matter if other people have regained their weight? What matters is YOU!

Good luck!!

Hi Spanglymum,

I think we chose a more difficult time of year to start - particularly in the run up to Christmas with Halloween (we always have a party), Bonfire Night (again another party) and Christmas (lots of parties)!!! If we can stick to this properly throughout the next three months, I'm pretty sure we'll have the determination to do whatever is needed to maintain the weight loss!!

I was also under the impression that there wouldn't be mixes in the groups but I think it may be down to numbers - to be honest, I would have hated to have had to wait for enough numbers to start along with other new starters - and it may be beneficial learning from the others experiences. A few of the restarters told me to take paracetamol in the mornings for the next week or so to help with headaches.

Good luck to you too hun x

Just a couple of things too...

My hands are FREEZING! My hands are always usually really warm, especially my fingertips and now they're like blocks of ice. I'm not sure if this is the diet (as it seems too soon?) or whether I just need to put the central heating on (as i'm working from home in bed today and it is windy outside?). I've read feeling cold is one of the side effects - did anyone else feel this on day one??

Another thing is how should I space out my foodpacks? I was awake at 8.30 and waited until 12.45 to eat my first pack - porridge. I'm not at all hungry but just wondering when I should eat my next one as I don't want to waste it and be hungry at 10pm tonight.

Any advice??

C x

I'll definitely be doing RTM - I've read a lot of stories who put the weight back on after they finish, but I agree that many of those probably didn't do RTM. Abstaining for food for however long will get the weight down but I'm sure it's really easy to slip back into bad habits afterwards - determined that's not going to happen to me!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I keep disappearing - the Exante board is getting quite busy, so I am finding it hard to keep up with threads!!

Just to let you know that I had my second week weigh in this morning and I've lost anothe 2.5lbs. I wasn't that happy at first, but I've put it back in perspective and that's 12lbs in 2 weeks, so I am not complaining one little bit!

Hope everyone is getting on ok. For those that I've not met before - I'm an ex-LL'er (Aug 08 - Jan 09, 5 stone off!), who has returned to VLCD (but a cheaper option - Exante), although in my heart I am doing things the LL way, reading over my Foundation books etc, as I know the programme works. I tend to hang around in the Exante camp a fair bit, but will pop in now and again. I started on 1st Sept and weigh in on Wednesdays.

Ok, (re-)introductions over... will catch you all soon.

Have a great rest of your day/evening :D

A xx

Hi Charlie lou
Good luck! The first few days are hard but it does get better. I am on day 6 and feel fine. I also think its a bit strange you are in a mixed group. I am in a group of 12 returners(did it before but didnt get to the end as I moved)
I had an early weigh in as I cant make tomorrow as am going to a funeral. It will be really sad as it is for a young man. Thanks for your comments spangymum You are right breaking the diet wont help. I shall have my bar before I go and stick to water afterwards.
Anyway I m really happy as i lost 10.7
:D:D:D:D:D

Hi CharlieLou ... :welcome2: .. hope your first week goes smoothly :)

Kathryn, Anna, Spangly - great losses :D Well done!

WI number 2 for me tomorrow .. fingers crossed :p

yoyo
xx

Charlielou. Welcome and good luck. Soon you'll be seeing the results and thinking it is all worth it!

YoYo... everything's crossed xxx

Thanks everyone!

Well done Kathryn on your weight loss and really sorry to hear about tomorrow. I hope it goes okay (as well as a day like tomorrow can).

Fab losses for both Magic and YoYo too... well done!!!

C xx

Good luck with the WI, yoyo!

Am feeling very low today after a few 'up' days. Had a difficult conversation at work this morning and it's left me a bit wobbly. At least I have NO desire to pop out and buy chocolate!

I hear you on that. I seem to struggle at the moment but i think it's mainly because it's my day off. They have always had bad influence on me so i'm trying to keep myself busy and... paint the bathroom lol
At least i'll be too busy to think of food and smelling paint rather than my neighbour cooking dinner ;)

Hi Ladies,
I've had another really small weight loss - only 2.2 lbs :(:confused::mad:
So after 2 weeks of not even a sniff of any food i've not even lost half a stone!
I am feeling really peed off:cry:
To top it all work is so stressful at the moment I could just cry.
I know a loss is a loss and i already feel better but i just feel kinda cheated. It makes me think that poeple might question my commitment to the programme or suspect i have cheated.
I'm sure like last week I'll be fine tomrorow but just gunna have a good moan & a sulk tonight:sigh:

Sorry to be so negative .... hope everyone else is ok

yoyo
xx

Back