LL September Starters/Re-starters

Aaaawwwwwwww..... poor baby :(
Hope she feels better soon.
What bouillon are you drinking?
Mags xxx

Hope your dog feels much better soon, laydee.

Went and got my first packs tonight. Not a very organised meeting so feels a bit weird as I was excited about it all day (sad) and it was a bit of a letdown.

Anyway... Will give it a go and see what happens. Have a nice group even if the counsellor is a bit disorganized.

Wish me luck for my first packs tomorrow. Am going to have porridge for breakfast but see it has sweeteners in it so might find it a bit sweet... Will see. Any recommendations? Tips?

Aaaawwwwwwww..... poor baby :(
Hope she feels better soon.
What bouillon are you drinking?
Mags xxx

I drink the Marigold normal Bouillon...I drank it last time and it's nice :)

Spangly, good luck for tomorrow. Porridge I found sweet but very nice sometimes. I am a veg souper tho myself! :p

Hope the next meeting is more organised. x

Day 6 and I feel ok (ish) but I only just discovered I haven't been given enough foodpacks! I will be left with one by Monday and my meeting is not till 8 pm. To say I'm angry is an understatement! :(
I know it's probably a human error but that's just simply not good enough. Not for £70! I can't get there any earlier because I'm working all weekend so I need to figure out what to do. I might just have 3 packs today and tomorrow so I can have some for Monday. This REALLY doesn't make things easier... :(
Mags xxx

Hi TracyD, MagicLove, Nutty me, Yoyo, Spanglymum, Laydee, Anna, Dora, Kathryn B :)

Anna - congrats on your massive loss! And Yoyo, please don't feel bad about yours. I'm one inch taller than you and last September my first loss was 4.4lbs - and I still lost over two stone in nine weeks so you'll be fiiiiiiiine! In a month you'll barely remember this because you'll be fitting into smaller clothes and leaping about the place with extra energy :)

Actually, a friend of mine said something really wise last year when I was fretting about small losses: "All the time you're worrying about how much weight you're losing, you're losing weight!" - Hope that makes as much sense on screen as it does in my head....

Laydee! Lovely to be in touch again :) Sorry to hear your lovely pooch is poorly, hope she gets better soon. And I know what you mean about feeling weepy - I've been feeling rubbish this first week, whereas I just felt unwell last time getting into ketosis. I wonder whether it's a second-time-around thing? Either way it's eased up now, I do have moments of inexplicable melancholy but they are getting fewer and fewer.

Spangly - I have the porridge every day at work. I flatten it with the back of a spoon, add slightly less water than recommended (cold) then whack it in the microwave for forty seconds. Comes out thick and filling, and not too sweet.

Today marks my first week on LL. The second time around definitely feels harder - especially as I quit smoking a month ago (and I was a compulsive smoker), so I'm just walking around feeling like I need to chew something!

Also, I've only told my nearest and dearest; last time I told pretty much everyone and they were all supportive and amazed as I lost weight. Now I feel like people will judge me for having put some weight back on (even though I don't judge anyone else for tackling weight gain - in fact I think it's brave and inspiring!) and I sort of want to keep it to myself.

And the third problem is - I'm hungry! The Ketostix say I'm in ketosis, and I'm losing weight, but I feel hungry between meals! It's blunted but it's still there. I can't remember if this is just how it is at the beginning of ketosis, or whether something (meds?) is affecting it.

ANYWAY. I have lost 6.4lbs in my first week! I didn't expect to lose that much, given that I'm so small and last time my losses were small too (2.2lbs a week, on average). This is by my own scales, by the way. I had my first LL meeting on Thursday, started my TOTM the day before AND wore big thick jeans to the meeting, so the loss only showed up as one pound and my LLC commented on it. Humph. :mad:

But my group is nice - all returners planning to do RTM this time, and I think we'll all rub along nicely. Part of my problem after quitting LL last time is that I can't really cook(!) so didn't really know what to eat, and slipped neatly back into old habits because of that. So now I've bought Jamie Oliver's Anyone Can Cook book, and am highlighting easy recipes for different situations (packed lunches and quick dinners for work days, mostly) so that I can start learning them during RTM.

Other than that, headaches and a bit of tiredness still I'm doing okay. How is everyone else's week going?

Day 6 and I feel ok (ish) but I only just discovered I haven't been given enough foodpacks! I will be left with one by Monday and my meeting is not till 8 pm.

Oh that's rubbish! Are you in touch with any of the others on your group? Could you borrow some from one of them? To be honest I think your LLC should sort something out for you, as it seems to have been a clerical error. Have you called her?

I know some people have posted on the forum before when this has happened to them, and they've been able to swap packs with other forum members. Whereabouts are you?

If worst comes to the worst you could always have a protein-based "light" meal today and tomorrow instead of one of your packs (200g of protein and half a plate of non-root vegetables) but that's really a last resort I'd expect.

Good luck! :eek:

Hi Bea
Just posted a question about porridge and then read your post so I will try it again with your tips
Thanks!!

Thanks for the porridge tips, Bea. Mine came out a very peculiar consistency so I'll try your way tomorrow! It was still edible though. Starting to feel hungry now... Think this will be a long day! Had chicken soup for lunch. Used a hand blender so the texture was ok. I've never done anything like this before so it all feels very strange. Is manageable though. Just need to get through the next few days to ketosis...

I also meant to ask how do you all keep track of your water drinking? I am trying to have enough but not too much but find myself permanently worried i'm going to either dehydrate or drink too much lol. Tips for keeping count?

@ Bea. Unfortunately I'm working all weekend and I won't get a chance to swap them with others or see my LLC so I'm going to have to improvise. I'm just annoyed but I'll get over it ;)

Day 2 for me and I have got splitting headache.Not sure if it is the diet or if i am getting poorly. Also getting sore throat so think i will go to bed early and not think about food.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Kathryn. This diet is challenging enough without feeling poorly to deal with as well.

Hope you feel better soon.

Magic - I forgot to say earlier (was a bit self-absorbed because of the strangeness of starting this diet!) that I'm really concerned to hear you don't have enough packs. Can you contact your counsellor? I hope you manage to sort something out. None of us need any extra stress right now! (by the way your post prompted me to count out my packs, and I've even organised them into sets for the week ahead. So sad!! Lol.)

Had the chilli tonight and was pleasantly surprised. If you can get past the really peculiar texture it's quite edible. I added Tabasco and it was ok!

So. One day (almost) down. I find one way to cope with the oddness of the food packs is to tell myself they're astronaut food. Yes. I'm a bit odd. Evidently!

So glad to finally be here doing this diet. Hasn't been an easy day but have survived!

Xx

@ Bea. Unfortunately I'm working all weekend and I won't get a chance to swap them with others or see my LLC so I'm going to have to improvise. I'm just annoyed but I'll get over it ;)

Hi, I was short on packs and I contacted my LLC and she sent them out and I received mine the next day. May be yr LLC will do the same. Good luck.

Nutty x

Thanks for your concern girlies. I'll be fine. I'll just have 3 packs per day till Monday eve. I don't think I'll have enough time to contact my LLC and get her to send me some as tomorrow is Sunday. I don't feel hungry so I think I'll survive somehow. It'll just make me more determined to succeed :)
Mags xxx

Mags,
Can you get to a Boots? Maybe you can buy a couple of
the Tony Ferguson sachets to make sure you have enough nutrients each day til your group?
Blimey, this must have made it really hard for you not to just give up! Well done for getting through it :D

Ladies, not had time to read all your posts yet so will spend some time tomorrow catchin up ... hope everyone is hanging in there:)

yoyo
xx

Hi all,

Taking it easy today as I had a migraine yesterday and am still a bit blergh, but at least my ketosis/hunger wobbles are over. And I've lost more weight, thanks to a sneaky check of my scales. I'll only record them on here weekly I think, though.

Kathryn B - so sorry you're poorly! Headache might be down to carb withdrawal but a sore throat does sound a bit coldy, or maybe you're just run down. I felt awful during my first week, do take care of yourself and give yourself lots and lots of rest and time off if you can.

Kathryn B and Spanglymum - porridge can be tricky to get the hang of. I add little amounts of water at a time, squishing all the lumps out before it goes in the microwave. You will get the hang of it :)

Spanglymum - I think it's really good that you sorts your packs into sets for the week ahead - it's good practice for planning your food once you've lost all your weight.

Magiclove - did you manage to get to Boots? How's everyone going?

Water!

Ooh, forgot to say: this is how I handle my water intake. I try for about 4 litres a day, including tea and coffee. I drink my water out of a pint glass, and have a mug that holds a pint (it, erm, has Eeoyore on it :p) for hot drinks.

So four litres is roughly eight of these. What I do every morning is put eight bracelets or hairbands on my left wrist, and move one over to my right wrist for every pint that I drink - and that's how I keep track.

Someone else on the forum (can't remember who, sorry!) said they have their packs at 8am, 12pm, 4pm and 8pm, and have a pint of water every two hours, which also seems a very sensible way of doing things :)

Yay! An excuse to accessorise! :D lol. Joking apart though - great suggestion. Really helpful. Thanks!

Hope everyone is doing fine!

Back