Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

good luck tonight hun,i have my wi tonight too,sounds like you have had a busy weekend? have a great day

Hey :) .... sounds like youve been really busy this weekend ... I agree with the Core thing, if it works why change it even if ww change id still stick with what works.
I know people who are still following "no count" as it works for them.

i feel so poorly think I have toncilitis have an appt at the docs at lunchtime, I can hardly breath as well, full of cold - god I am feeling sorry for myself.

The scales last night backed up mine, STS, which is ok, like the leader says "well at least you will have maintenance down to a tee when the time comes" think she was being sarcastic!! LOL!!

She showed us the Luxury Pack being released next week, it has the new shopping guide, eating out guide and journal in, all in a zip up case plus extra bits, rumour has it a new points calculator which means the way points are calculated is being tweaked and maybe some other bits - all for £19.95 - bit of a rip off if you ask me, WW are exploiting us as they know we want the best out of the plan, the actual plan is free to all members. I know I will buy the Luxury Pack because I am a sucker for stuff like that. Theres new sweets and choc bars coming out including Black Forest Gateau bars which are a limited edition one for Christmas and new cookbooks coming out in the new year. The leader says don't believe everything you read on the WW messageboards about the new plan, whether shes just saying that to keep us off the track only time will tell!!

Did you know theres 6 points in a 50ml measure of Baileys - I was shocked to the core, its one of my fav drinks!!

Well done on STS Lydia. When I eat takeaways I almost always gain so I have had to avoid it completely. Good on you!

Baileys is my favourite drink too. I thought there were 2 points in 25ml and 2.5 points in 35ml :/ That seems so high for a mere 50ml of alcohol. I would have calculated it as 4. Good job I've only ever got enough points for one shot. Mind you I prefer a glass of wine for 2 points now as you get more for your money ;) I hope I have been calculating Baileys right? Nevermind....still yummy :D

Well I haven't been able to drink for months because of my glandular fever, so I don't feel too bothered about alcohol right now, will have a few tipples over Christmas, but I used to really like a drink or ten :8855:but just don't seem bothered.

Been to the docs and I have this viral infection going round along with bloked sinuses and a blocked ear! Nothing they can give me just gotta have paracetamol every 3 hours, plenty of fluid, going home a little early from work and straight to bed and see how I feel in the morning.

Hi Lydia, just been reading through your diary - after I read Gem's...blimey, so much going on in people's lives.

Glad you over your horrid illness and that you have an assistant at work to support you.

I am cynical about the whole scales thing but I suppose they must have a weight or something they use to calibrate them - I would hope so anyway.

I am getting really fed up with my scales at home though cos they don't give me the numbers I want. Maybe I'll ask for some fancy ones for Christmas.

I hope they don't change the calculator etc., I only bought one two weeks ago - will be well miffed!

LRO x

Hi there,

oh there always seems to be drama in my life LOL!! I do wish there wasn't tho! Mum has bought me the new WW body fat monitor scales for xmas (along with a Nintendo DS lite cos I am a really lucky girl!!). The WW scales are calibrated once a month at the leaders meetings, but not inbetween that (I think), they do get lugged about a lot and my leader constantly has one set on charge, so I am not always convinced that moving them about a lot doesn't have an affect saying that at my meeting the set on the right hand side of the room always say the same as mine at home (the same for my friend), so maybe its the floor in the room cos the scales on the left hand side of the room weigh heavier!

OMG just looked at your stats, well done you!

congrats on your STS - after 2 takeaways that is absolutely brilliant :) hope you get over your sinusy thing soon - its a real killer when paracetamol is the only answer cause you know its not gunna disappear fast! :( xx

Haven't made it into work today woke up feeling really rotten and had a terrible nights sleep cos I had forgotten to do something at work so it was really playing on my mind, fortunately I have remote access so was able to do it at 7 am! Then straight back to bed, no doubt my boss won't be best pleased I am not in, but I have said I will definintely be in tomorrow (got a meeting to minute), dosing up on paracetamol, covonia, high dose Vit C, strepsils you name it!

awww Lydia the virus sounds awful, no point being at work though.... if ya can't breathe ;)

well done on sts after the takeaways x

Hey Lydia!
Have just spent about 2 hours reading through this thread. I am avoiding doing anything housework related hehe.
Picked up some great veggie meal ideas from here, so thanks!
I shall definitely be coming back to read more.
Good luck.
Dannii
x

Hi Danni

Welcome, great to have another veggie on board x

Well done on STS, hope you are feeling better soon Lydia x

Hi there

Well I made it into work today but feel rotten, really weak and tired (just like I did when I was off with the GF) supposed to be going to a friends tonight for a meal but just wanna curl up in bed and sleep!

Doesn't help that my boss described me being off yesterday as "inconvenient" has made me feel really bad for being off even though I couldn't help it!

Hi there

Well I made it into work today but feel rotten, really weak and tired (just like I did when I was off with the GF) supposed to be going to a friends tonight for a meal but just wanna curl up in bed and sleep!

Doesn't help that my boss described me being off yesterday as "inconvenient" has made me feel really bad for being off even though I couldn't help it!

Hey Hun,
I hope your feeling better,how rude can some bosses me saying that,you only have the time off when your ill,they really annoy me.
Sending you loads hugs xx

Perhaps your boss would rather you dragged yourself into work, infected other people and then needed a week off to recover from overdoing it!

Grr!

Back